Distell Group Limited Employee Reviews

1,0
Customers made my day it was fun working there accept for manager not treating us accordingly
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, Free State30 January 2018
I took orders from customers,was a cashier when the cashier went on lunch ,releasing orders on the system ,checking customer orders,printing customer orders for deliver ,did admin work ,stocktaking ,
4,0
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 December 2017
good I had a very good working relationship with both my peers & clients. a happy working environment. I really enjoyed the promotional aspect of my work @ distell. the working hours in promotions could be very long like the argus cycle tour where we had to set up from 4.30 to the end of the day as were certain golf days with early tee off times 6.00 in the morning till + - 9.00 that night.
Productive workplace
Glassman (Former Employee) –  Epping Industrial10 July 2017
I enjoyed working for Distell, although it was on a contract basis. I gained plenty experience in the supervising field. I also gained experience doing warehousing and working as a glassman.

I work well under management and am eager to learn new skills.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Contract working
Very good experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cape Winelands, Western Cape9 June 2017
I loved working for Distell even if it was for just a short period , it was good learning abotu all the different kinds of alcohol, very nice hours , work is physical but rewarding.pay was good as well.
Pros
salary
3,0
Productive and fun person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 May 2017
I'm very kind and honest person who's valued and can be trusted in everything by anyone. I'm flexible and liable to my work and hard working towards reaching my goals. I believe I can be successful in the future by learning more from other people and improving my skills and by having a positive attitude when working with other people. I also believe that through hard work I can reach my goals in life and create opportunities for my self and communities around me. I highly recommend myself to any challenge or task that I may come across because I'm capable of any situation with thoughtfulness and maturity.
Pros
Out going
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng23 April 2017
It's a productive work place,there is growth within the company.I would love to work to other companies to gain more experience and build more skills.
Pros
Meal allowance
2,0
Balanced Company
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape3 April 2017
Distell is a balanced company. Provides a lot of growth for young and determined individuals. Distell invest a lot of time in training their personnel to make them succeed in their goals.
Pros
Medical aid. Pension
1,0
productive an fun workplace
receiving clerk/double checker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng23 February 2017
As i said above dischem is a big company. employed many people at Gauteng province.an this company it have free food an drinks I really do like this company.
Pros
free food
3,0
Evolving Slowly but Surely
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng18 February 2017
job done doesn't suite the qualification and experience.

people are friendly.

management is under qualified and too narrowly focused on production output than quality, but the company is slowly turning focus on the right principals and on it way to WCM.

HR is useless, lack of vision, career advancement and succession planning is very inconsistant.
Pros
Friendly Employees
Cons
Poor Succession structure and chances of advancement, bias
4,0
very productive and customer orientated
process artisan (Current Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng8 February 2017
Hard worker,productive,continuous improvement ,self driven,team player,like challenges, ability to multi task,good fault finder,good listner and work without supervision
Pros
meal allowence
4,0
Its a nice place to work
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Western Cape23 January 2017
Distell is a good place to work the people are very hardworking and fun to work with very productive, team work,quality products is they main goal on time.
Pros
birthday packs
5,0
Good company to gain experience from
Laboratory Analyst (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC15 July 2014
As Distell is the leading company that produce drinks "for everyone to enjoy at any occassion", it provides many opportunities for young ones to partake in. I commend the company for transformation. It is enjoyable to work for such company.
Pros
Free staff order allowance