Distell Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal3 September 2019
Well managed time management,excellent execution .strong or bold on price communication.finding of fighting for point of sale activation to capture customets attention.
2,0
Poor work life balance, toxic environment and salaries and increases sometimes determined by race or willingness to throw others under the bus
Laboratory/Packaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 August 2019
Work distribution was random depending on who is on a work station. People on the same workstation would not perform the same tasks depending on who it is. Favouritism was definitely at play. Hours were so long and there was forced overtime. We were constantly tired and demoralised and management made sure we felt like worthless trash that is being done a favour. We were constantly threatened and abuse of sick leave is very high. Shifts are 12.5 hours long with an hour lunch. Shifts switch from night to day and mess up your body.
Diverse and Uplifting
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, Free State30 July 2019
Promotions mainly happen on weekends. On a typical day I would have to Promote at 3 different outlets and locations. I have to get there 30mim before the promotion starts. When i get there I speak to the manager of the outlet and also confirm with my Rep that I'm there. thereafter i have to set up the promotion, depending on whether its tasting or giving away gifts for any 6pack you buy. promotions take 2to3 hours. After the Promotion I go to the next outlet and do the same.
Owesome working there
Promotion Rep (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape21 July 2019
It's a very good company/diverse
Good culture and the goals of Distell

With very good brands that will give you confidence to make your life easier
Its not difficult to sell them
They are very focused and dedicated
They make sure that Tha invest in their business
By making sure that they trained their staff
Its a good company with good benefits
Pros
Some benefits
Cons
Flexible hours
Customer Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 July 2019
I start at 08:00-17:00 daily Monday to Friday.
I have gained allot of knowledge at Distell starting from my job life to personal life.i have grown allot within 4 years.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
No cons
3,0
Great place for learning new things
GENERAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng3 July 2019
Learning new things in fast paced environment.i was accepted well by the employees and showed me how things are done and eventually learned the company culture.working hours were long and tedious.
Pros
Salary was relatively better
Cons
Long hours and more job on our plate
4,0
Job for life if you willing to learn
Senior buyer (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape14 May 2019
Exiting&challenging environment. Exposure to other areas within the organisation especially at a management level for those eager to progress. Not fixed in your job scope. Vast amount of in-house training available. Improvement on flexible working hours within certain job grades. Not yet world class with regards to attendance per employee. not market related salary, but great job security. Average of 34 years continued service levels
Pros
Free birthday hampers, monthly condiments and washing powder
Cons
Slow progression or promotion possibilities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng6 May 2019
It was a great jouney for me to be part off that family and I have gained more knowledge and experience.that company respect their employees and their families
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Overtime
Productive and secure Company
Production Artisan (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape2 May 2019
Like to manufacture and do fault finding.Do safety checks and keep Company standards up to date.Do innovations,supervise production on lines.Keep workplace and environment safe.
Pros
Free lunch on extended work hours
Cons
Work on weekends
2,0
Exclusive culture
Supply Chain Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape30 March 2019
- Fire fighting as soon as you arrive
- The ability to keep calm and meeting my deadlines
- Top to bottom approach only.
- Somewhat very clique, making it exclusive. Also very conservative
- Culture was the biggest stumbling block towards achieving business objectives.
- The people
Benefits
Cons
Difficult culture
Great Company
Global Marketing Manager - Amarula Cream Liquor (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape21 March 2019
Distell was a great platform for me to develop as global marketer; to interact with international partners and co-create global campaigns with local (in-market) relevance.
4,0
Enjoyed working with people Team work
Artisan Maintenance Fitter (Former Employee) –  Gauteng14 March 2019
Maintenance and repairs to Decapping maching, Deskirting machine, Skirt remover, Palletizer, Conveyors, Line lube, Sprockets, Chains, Gears, Bearings, Crate washers, Decraters.
Renewing motors, gearboxes and blowers.
Renewing and rejoining conveyor belts.
Innovations and mo-dapts
Identifying and preventing safety hazards.
Preventative maintenance
Pros
People were excelent to work with
High Performance driven Company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Wadeville, Gauteng1 February 2019
A typical day would depend on the time of month it was, month end would mean that we are performing month end activities and mid-month we would be attending to the every functions of the Finance department.

I learned how to work with people, I learned how to be technical and analytical with the work I did. I learned how to Budget and Forecast, how to consolidate regional views and to present back certain aspects to the team. I learned about the Distribution and Sales function in an FMCG Company.

The management style at Distell was one that gave one room to manoeuvre on their own but enough space to ask for assistance when needed. The workplace culture was one that had very strong undertones of high performance.

The hardest part of the job would have been the "working in silos" structure that Distell has, but the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist people who work on the different sites that we supported with their Finance related queries.
Pros
Technical and Analytical Skills Gained.
Cons
Working in Silos.
5,0
Good company to work for
Sales Representative (On/ Off Con) (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape31 January 2019
The company culture is very good. I had very great experiences with the company and also learned alot through the years. They give you great exposure to alot of information to build your career.
Productove work Place
Customer Accounts Controller (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 January 2019
Distell is a very nice company to work for. There is a lot of growth and possibilities of advancing your career it all depends on yourself and how far you want to push yourself
Pros
Birthday packs and liquor benefits
Cons
The workload is too much
5,0
procuctive fun happy company good values
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 January 2019
business support
training on new systems and other reporting
friendly office culture
happy people creates happy environment creates happy suppliers
managers very open minded , discuss and share constant new information
Pros
flexi time flexi lunch
3,0
an interesting culture with great brands
Luxury Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 January 2019
A typical day is meeting with various clients as to enhance and grow our brands to the benefit of the client and ourselves.

I have learned how to master relationships and to survive challenging hostile environments as well as difficult clients.

I enjoy the brands and working with many multifaceted individuals and helping them grow their businesses.
Pros
Car allowance
Cons
Limited room for growth
Excellent international company in Alcoholic Beverage Market
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape14 January 2019
Very good company marketing well known brands locally as well as overseas. It market products which are enjoyed by customers Internationally according to exacting quality standard
Pros
Very good company benefits
Cons
24 hour production facility occasionally working weekends
4,0
Yes Distell was a great company to work for ...i was very loyal and will be towards anybody that provides worki for me in future.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng ...Bloemfontein10 January 2019
This is a magic company to work for ....i enjoyed all the years with them .....i just became stagnant and started to look for new challenges. ...i then decided to buy my own business ....this being a mistake as financially i didnt make it
Pros
Great workplace
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 January 2019
Distell was my first job and i never worked for another company before or after Distell,Working there thought me a lot about teamwork and good attendance.