DSV Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 1 065 reviews
2,0
Productive and fun place of work
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 June 2019
Typical day at work - scanning in of freight, calling clients for delivery appointments, handle queries and assist with incoming calls from clients. I have learned how to work in almost every department within the branch. I get along with my colleagues and we always make our working environment fun by helping each other and having work occasional conversations about various things. The hardest part of the job would be to have to do more than one person's job when a colleague is on vacation. The most enjoyable part is having to work with a great team. Whenever there's conflict, it gets sorted out immediately. We don't enjoy working in a tense environment and believe that we are suppose to make our job fun.
1,0
Not a long term plan
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 March 2019
Did data capturing and didn't even receive half of my weekly wages when i enquired about the missing amounts i was ignored, when i tried sorting the matter i received empty promises
Pros
Hardly anything to do
Cons
Immature co workers and unhelpful seniors
Productive and Hard Working Environment
Import Controller (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 February 2019
- Work all day from the minute you get there till you leave
- barely taking any break due to work load
- culture is good
- hardest part of my job is the management
Pros
Cons
long hours, hectic work load
5,0
productive and fun
freight handling learnership (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 November 2018
DSV is one of the best courier company a person can work for as it has the best courier services globaly . i am learning alot from this company and how all departments work gets together at the end of the day.
Pros
activities
Cons
shifts
Exciting
Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 September 2018
Always learning something new everyday

My job was focused in the risk department where we would on a daily basis do investigations into missing or damaged parcels.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long working hours
Good place to learn
Pre dispense assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 June 2018
Worked in the pre dispensing area for almost 6 years.Worked with a great team.Work was always done in a neat and professional manner.time management was very important
Pros
Near to home to travel
Cons
Not enough overtime
Loved DSV
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 April 2018
I worked at DSV for 6 years and as usual all companies have their ups and downs. But that was my second home. The staff was like family. Everything was always done the proper way.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Overtime
Operational and Administrative
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 April 2018
Hours 08:00 - 17:00
Skills and Development
Report to line management
Friendly and Busy
Dealing with difficult clients
Balancing all outcomes of job etc
Pros
Off time when client had functions
Cons
Long hours when overtime was required
3,0
I like to work and get the work done and like to work in a place whre i am respect so i can work an enjoy in what i do .
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 January 2018
I work in a warehouse courie company ....i learned alot over the years an build up exsperiance for the time i work here.working with a scanner is fun an scanning the poeples work in an out of thy vichel is fun
Pros
Benefits in medical aid
Cons
On feet hole day
3,0
Everyday is productive because parcels are delivered on daily basis.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 November 2017
DSV is a fine organization to be part of. Gaining so much experience in an organization that world-wide is one or the incredible experiences one could ever get. Learned so much in the administration department as I was multi-tasking, being a data entry capture and an administration clerk at the same time. Working with people or different cultures as well, you get to learn new things not only work related but a life as in general.
Pros
One hour of lunch
Cons
Overtimes when we had backlogs.
Focused and challenging.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 November 2017
On tuesdays and thursdays was our busiest days of the week which i always looked out for. These 2 days we had to reach our goal earlier than the other days, so that we can move into or start with the new batch for the following day to stay ahead of our deadlines.This was when i worked at my outmost best to reach our goal.
I have learned that there is no space for error at this job, so you need to stay focused.
Management was very supportive, understanding and open minded.
The culture at this workplace was to be goal driven.
Hardest part of this job was the continous long hours of standing.
Team work was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
management gives a braai 3 times a year to all staff
2,0
No development process for some employees who are not good friends with managers and supervisors
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 September 2017
A day at work always turns out to be long, strenous and unprofessional people and planning.

The culture is bad, everybody bad mouth one another and talk behind others whilst to make themselves look good.

People don't get put in better positions. There is no proper close review of each employees work that is put in to the company.

I learned to be a machine operator, despatch clerk and a deadline-driven person.

There is nothing enjoyable for me no more. I have been on the same place for almost 5 years. The company gives no promise on development.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional people in charge.
1,0
Unfair
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape town28 March 2017
Let workers do work without been paid for task
Managers frame workers that ask too many questions
Managers make workers up against each other
Racism is visible
Do favours based on race
Pros
Cons
Over work
Fast learning
Administration learner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 November 2016
Everyday is a good day i don't find any problems with my co-workers.I learn a lot everyday and it makes it easy for me to understand how things work around me.The hardest part its just to get to work but its nothing major.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No overtime
4,0
fast paced exciting interesting dynamic
Operations Clerk - Deliveries (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 November 2016
From the time you arrive until the time you leave you become involved with your daily tasks; multiple teams interact to ensure client expectations are met.
Pros
growth and learning oppurtunity
Cons
onsite tuck shop
3,0
i am acommitted to deliver my best at all times.
Operations Controller (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC4 January 2016
i dont like to work more overtime.even the weekend.and the way they treated me there.i am well educated in the site that i am working to,some timesi fell guilt becouse of the languages there and our cultures.
Pros
free lunche
Cons
less houres
5,0
Excelent
IM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT17 September 2014
I had the opportunity of learning freight business from a different department / point of view
2,0
Challenging but if you focus its easy
Hub scanner/auditor (Current Employee) –  At airport industrial in cape town24 January 2013
Sending some parcels to wrong destinations costing the company a lot of money and can result in loosing that client