DSV Employee Reviews in Centurion, Gauteng

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 1 060 reviews
4,0
Well mannered place to be.
driver code 10 (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng13 November 2018
To find the route is full of parcels and to be given other parcels which are out off the route.And what i have learned, is to learn how you work under pressure. And the most thing that is important is TIME. The workplace is totally comfortable and easy to work at. My hardest part was time , cause sometimes time its a most saddest thing. But at the end everything is been done well and no complain from the customers and the management. The enjoyable part is to be rewarded with the job that you were giving yourself into.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours
Fun working place
Site Clerk/ Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng3 October 2018
When working for Dsv you must be someone who value customer relations and always pay attention to detail on what you do always make sure service is delivered to clients.
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Less salary
Fun workplace
Operations clerk (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng25 July 2018
I have learnt a whole about customer service and the importance of time. The work dealt with drivers, vehicles management, stock control it was a great learning experience.
2,0
productive
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng22 June 2018
the manager was very hard to please. but overall, the experience was great. clock in in the morning, log on your system and start taking calls. supervisor was amazing and his willingness to assist any given time was excellent. team leaders did their work good. the best part of my job was knowing I went over and above every single day to assist every single caller who needed my help and being told that I am doing a great job.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no permanancy
1,0
Productive and great start for new jo
Email Correspondence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng11 April 2018
I enjoyed working for DStv and I worked for the company for long hoping to growth within the company. The work increased but the salary remained the same and my responsibilities grew. No opportunity for growth and favoritism played a part in me leaving due to unfairness.
Pros
Work 1 saturday in a month
Cons
No opportunity for growth
my experince at dsv
Operations Clerk/ Acting Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DSV Solutions Nashua warehouse Centurion14 November 2017
dsv is a very good company, on the 07/06/2017 my team and I mistakenly sent a shipment Swaziland which was meant for Namibia the truck was stuck at Swaziland border due to incorrect paperwork and delayed the other parcels from other clients,

I have that I should pay attention to detail and verify each and every parcel on the day be it local or international and that the company looses a lot of money as the client is not liable for the cost incurred by the company for the misdirects,

the management is good and they give us the chance express ourselves and learn more about logistics,

I enjoy working with these guys because they are hard working and open for suggestions and list6ens to us all times .
general worker (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng20 September 2017
First we use to start by having meetings about the previous day(s) and on we would be on that day
I've learned to be effective and respect my job my colleagues
The management was very good they wanted everyone to be on point and to work as a team
Challenging
Accounts Receivables - Debtors Full function (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng21 January 2017
Challenging, each day is different.
Balancing life and work.
System problems.
Offices are re-locating.
Frequent courses and training.
On line training if you want to do it.
Very strict culture.
Full debtors functions are being taken away.
Cons
Offices are re-locating
4,0
Productive and workable workplace.
query's clerk (Current Employee) –  Centurion12 January 2017
. I enjoy very much working working under this company, where even if come to work having a little tension, some client indeed will make your day even better.

. The hardest part of this job is when i have to solve other people's queries, of which i enjoy very much talking with client given them the service they deserve.

.I am working with kind very reliable co-worker, i say that because we do help each other in different ways, they are not selective, we are a great team.

.What i have learned in this organisation is working with different people and tribes, like i turned to know other people's cultures and they way they live.
Pros
Sometimes i have an arguments with the guys who order and issue the stationery, because they order less stock to save costs.
Cons
Dfficulties in managing people from various background.
Queries Clerk (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng8 October 2016
Clients can be so rude when you will be talking to them over the phone.

Clients can deny giving you the full details pertaining to their parcels that would have been delayed.

Credit controllers can delay to email correct account numbers to transfer clients invoices for re-invoicing to the correct accounts such that month ends will be so busy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours unpaid overtimes
fun place
Business Administration Learner (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng16 February 2016
Typical day was when the internet on my computer was not working well and i had to capture 375 documents which is my daily target.I have learned to handle critisism in so many ways. The management is good. Co-workers are fun people to work with. The hardest part was dealing with rude clients solving queries. I enjoyed working alot with my team, brain stoming
Pros
free lunches when we ahve produced quality results
Cons
not working on weekends unless it is over time
A very busy environment
SERVICE DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Guateng12 November 2015
The company is very busy and expects more than their pound of flesh. You are just a number and if somebody is unhappy then you can leave if you want to. There are plenty of people looking for jobs.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Free lunch. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
Great opportunity
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Centurion, GP11 November 2014
I run a tight shift, with military precision and ready for any change.
Pros
Global
productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Centurion, GP6 August 2014
I assist and manage my team . I also asssits with escalations which has actually taught me to think on my feet and out of the box ( apply your mind ) . It has also taught me how to handle stress as almost daily i deal with irate clients with different queries and scenarios.I have good relationship with my colleagues , we are like a family . Even when you are stressed you tend to look at the lighter side of the situation as there will be someone next to you lending a helping hand when needed
Pros
Learning a lot by interacting with people from all walks of life
Cons
No growth in the sense that you might be stuck in the same position for quite some time
High paced, learning environment
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Centurion15 January 2013
Lovely working environment, plenty of ways to advance your studies.
Constantly learning about applications and the infrastructure, management is easy to talk to , relaxed approach.
Pros
flexible working hours, bursaries, free studies
Cons
sometimes long hours
Learning,Learning and Learning,1 can learn a lot from this company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  VW Centurion4 January 2013
Like any other working place,we do come across some challenges but that is the practical way of learning.i am sorrounded by management that i rely on,very open to talk.i am working with a good bunch of understanding co-workers.they make my job looks simple.i enjoy our daily staff meetings a lot
Pros
we get free drinks if we perfom well
Cons
we work long hours (overtime) almost every month
2,0
agent of the month and the team of the month get a free lunch and for best performers hang their 3
call centre (Current Employee) –  centurion29 June 2012
Uti. Is the good Company , I ve learned lot of tihings in Uti on how to handle the pressure, dealing with irate client and be responsible for my work and working as a team.
Pros
we bring our own lunch
Cons
7;30 to 17;00
4,0
Good with sport and entertaintment
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  CENTURION27 June 2012