DSV Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 1 048 reviews
Its a good company
driver code 10 (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 January 2019
I was good driver working overtime as other drivers were working as a team doing my delivery on time I was happy to work there.I was put a smile to everyone next to me
Pros
Carry lunch box
4,0
fun work place and team working is priorities
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 October 2018
working five days a week and weekends and holidays off
I leaned how to communicate with people I work with and team work
the management is so supportive
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
overtime is mybe working up to twelf hours a day
productive fun workplace
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 August 2018
it is a good enviremoent to work in and easy adjustable to.it has great people and the mangers are good.they make sure you understand your job specs and what is required of you
Client liaison (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg6 June 2018
One is surrounded by hardworking, focused individuals who strive to get ahead. A typical day at work would be 8 hours. Dealing with clients and also reporting to management.
Pros
One Hour Lunch
Challenging and fast paced
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 June 2018
Being a global company, we work in a very challenging and fast paced environment. You have to think fast on your feet and juggle multiple tasks/projects at the same time.

We have a nice structure and the work/life balance is very important to the management of our company which I like.

I enjoy the different range of projects I get to work on as well as the range & scope of complexity of each.
Pros
Flexi work hours
Good workplace
I.T Systems Support Learnership (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 April 2018
I enjoyed working at DSV South Africa as an IT learner and I gained loads of experience there and I worked very well with my colleagues, It is a very professional environment and good place to work at.
Pros
Free beers on friday
Target driven and energetic
Delivery Bookings Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 March 2018
This was one of the greatest companies to work for. From management to co-workers you get a fantastic support structure.
Sometimes the hours were crazy... but overall wonderful!
Pros
Weekend offs
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Productive,team player,proactive,fun,fast learner
Accounts payable /Accounts recievable specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 February 2018
The culture was exciting,working with different departments .Management had unique techniques to get the staff motivated and motivated all the time
Pros
Team buildings
Cons
Month end pressure
productive was very high
Vaults Clerk (Former Employee) –  johannesburg Florida Glen13 January 2018
I enjoyed working at DSV Mounties i learned new things and worked with good staff ,management was very good and i also learned to work under pressure even to work over hours.
Pros
i did make sure that i push my productivity before going on lunch
Cons
DSV Mounties hours was long hours
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 January 2018
I learned how to manage a company and how to work as a team.am very good with communication skills and customer care services. I am very energetic all time
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Normal hours
fun and productive place
Data Capture Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 November 2017
Great workplace with vibrant work environment, i was able to adapt with environment and work without pressure all the time, management understood the workers
Productive and fast-paced environment
Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa31 October 2017
Logistics company on the cutting edge of warehousing technology. IT services drive the business, from warehousing to delivering the pharmaceutical products.
5,0
active and a good leader towards our staff on site
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 October 2017
I love the company am working for am greatful for the opportunity they give me and to grow,as a young person i'm willing to go out to learn more outside the company i'm working for.
Pros
no free lunchs
Cons
normal hours
productive
ONSITE CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  JHB, Gauteng23 August 2017
Very busy
learn a lot to do with compliance
workplace culture is great
hardest part of job is that I do not have a back up to do my job
enjoyed what I do and people were very friendly
Pros
free lunch
5,0
DSV values team work and continuous innovations
Key Account coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 July 2017
DSV has produced many people that had started working as general staff and today many I have witnessed are now in management positions.

DSV is a company of choice and one has to be flexible to challenges and growth.

I have seen myself grow from strength to strength
Pros
Growth
Cons
Flexible hours
3,0
Very productive, encourage team work and skills development
Continuous Improvement Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 February 2017
As a CIP engineer I get to be involved in a lot of projects within the company, attend a lot of meetings and most of the time have to take work home.

I have learnt the importance of team work and why one should understand the whole supply chain and not just your environment, if you want to learn, grow and be productive.

DSV Healthcare management is very involved with operations and are very supportive.

The culture is team work and we are a Client centric company. The team (workers) are also well looked after and subsidized transport is provided if the team has to work until late.

Hardest part of the work is too much work and everyone expect their project to be prioritized and they keep pushing for an update.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team spirit, team work and support offered in everything you do at work.
Pros
Cheap lunch, people and skills development and encourage growth within the company
Cons
Salary very low for Engineers
1,0
Operations
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 October 2016
working for this company is quiet nice,, it's highly recognised the only problem is distance/transport if using public transport.
Pros
working experience is broad
Cons
Short lunch break, limit facilities, i.e toilet, cateen equipment insufficient
Work/Life balance
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 April 2016
My colleagues are very nice to work with and make the overall environment pleasant. The only problem with UTi is just the work life balance. You work extremely long hours over month-ends.
productive
driver and mail soter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 February 2016
everything is order, time management is critical because we where doing business with banks and people. they taught me how to treat a client that you in business with.
Pros
free uniforms
Excellent logistic company.
Waybill Clerk - Part time work (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 January 2016
Stable company

They assisted with the learnership and employment

I would work for them anytime a job comes up.

I learnt discipline and time management.

My co-workers were also in the learnership programme and I met others when I was employed as a waybill clerk.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that I could not get a job in line with my UJ University qualifications. I was always told that you start low and stand a chance for better opportunities . That was not the case with me.

I got too excited earning a salary and made decisions that I regret.

I am more matured now and desperately looking for a permanent job and willing to take a job in any branch.
Pros
Cant say much as I was on a learnership and short employment
Cons
Cant say much as I was on a learnership and short employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSV. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5