DSV Employee Reviews in Parow, Western Cape

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 1 287 reviews
5,0
Productive workplace
A typical day at work for me was always busy and productive when I became the team leader of dispensing team.My supervisor gave me more duties and my responsibility was much bigger than before.Every morning I had to do the batch report of the batch that was being delivered that morning.Importance was that the batch was fully completed and that there was no outstanding parcels.If parcels was outstanding it had to be dispensed again.The facility had to be informed that it would be delivered the next day.I sent email to the supervisors is cases like that.I was responsible for finding locums to work in the evenings,I created a group on whatsapp for the locums which made it much easier just by sending a message asking who is available and the quantity of dispensers needed.It used to be time consuming when I had to phone the locums 1 by 1.
My supervisor was impressed when I suggested to her my idea of creating the group and she gave me the go ahead to create group.She could also address important issues on the group.It was impossible to have meetings with locums because of the workload always being huge and that time in production was very crucial because we had a deadline everyday that had to be done.
Unfortunately unforeseen circumstances occurred that was impossible to prevent in some cases like load shedding. Backup generator was lifesaver but if operations stood still for more than an hour it caused even more pressure on everyone because we had to prevent being fined if the delivery date was not as agreed.
The hardest part of the job was probably in the beginning when we
  more... worked every evening up until midnight or even later to make sure the batch was finished and the next morning struggling to keep your eyes open when arriving at work again. Still it was a big learning experience for me and a huge opportunity.  less
1,0
Negative Environment
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape12 October 2017
The people here has nothing better to do then to spread gossip and envy. Not a fun place either, just an end of year staff party is basically the only occasion/event one has throughout the year. Perhaps another fundraiser/charity event at the begging of the year but no team-building. Management is extremely poor and not to mention clear favorites is been played as well.
Pros
Free coffee/tea machine
Cons
Extremely long hours, forced overtime
2,0
Love the job.
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  PAROW24 August 2017
I thoroughly enjoy my job and the fact that I know I am helping someone by dispencing their medication on time. However, the hours are extremely long and sometimes a 12hr or 15hr day. I have excellent relationships that I have fostered over the years, be it the colleague, cleaner, or management. I believe in treating people fairly and this has been put in place when on the off occasion I step in as team supervisor.

I encourage open conversation with colleagues and management, after all-we spend more time at work, than with our families. So let it be pleasant!

I'm optimistic about public holidays, having to work in the extra hours in order to deliver to facilities on time, However, the feeling of excitement when the planning is done correctly in order to facilitate and see this process through.

The most challenging aspects of my job, is working with people who do not understand the logic and urgency of the type of work we do, and working with individuals, who do not want to work as a team.
Pros
nothing
Cons
4,0
Hard working workplace
Admin Clerk / Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Parow industria, Cape Town11 March 2017
As a leader of a process i ensure that the day runs as smoothly as possible, maintaining a speed in order to complete the daily tasks yet maintain quality, ensuing all questions and confusions are sorted. I have learned several skills, working for people and people working alongside me, how to work in a team and independently, to be flexible and responsible. One of the challenges are having people rely on you and maintaining that quality of work. The most enjoyable part was learning all that was learnt thus far, dealing with different people and being able at this age to contribute what i have in order for production to run smoothly.
Pros
transparency