DSV Employee Reviews

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 1 044 reviews
Exciting
Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 September 2018
Always learning something new everyday

My job was focused in the risk department where we would on a daily basis do investigations into missing or damaged parcels.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long working hours
exhausting
Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenstone Hill, Gauteng6 September 2018
You never know what will await you in the morning. Getting phone calls even on your private cellular number, even when on leave from managers, sales and clients. Management not very open.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Productive and Professional
Outbound CallCentre Agent (Current Employee) –  Florida, Gauteng18 August 2018
A good Fun Environment and it is very Professional and clean,treat Employees Equaly and appreciate and acknowledges their employees,we are all family and care about each other.
Pros
Sports activies and family days
Cons
Long Hours
productive
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  North West15 August 2018
Its hectic days as usual as its a global logistics. you get to learn a lot everyday as you face different clients. the management as cool. African workplace and the hardest part of the job is to deal with the difficulties of the drivers and the most enjoyable part of the job is when your work is complete,100%.
Pros
short break
Cons
overtime
5,0
productive fun workplace
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 August 2018
it is a good enviremoent to work in and easy adjustable to.it has great people and the mangers are good.they make sure you understand your job specs and what is required of you
Fun workplace
Operations clerk (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng25 July 2018
I have learnt a whole about customer service and the importance of time. The work dealt with drivers, vehicles management, stock control it was a great learning experience.
productive
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng22 June 2018
the manager was very hard to please. but overall, the experience was great. clock in in the morning, log on your system and start taking calls. supervisor was amazing and his willingness to assist any given time was excellent. team leaders did their work good. the best part of my job was knowing I went over and above every single day to assist every single caller who needed my help and being told that I am doing a great job.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no permanancy
Good place to learn
Pre dispense assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 June 2018
Worked in the pre dispensing area for almost 6 years.Worked with a great team.Work was always done in a neat and professional manner.time management was very important
Pros
Near to home to travel
Cons
Not enough overtime
Client liaison (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg6 June 2018
One is surrounded by hardworking, focused individuals who strive to get ahead. A typical day at work would be 8 hours. Dealing with clients and also reporting to management.
Pros
One Hour Lunch
Challenging and fast paced
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 June 2018
Being a global company, we work in a very challenging and fast paced environment. You have to think fast on your feet and juggle multiple tasks/projects at the same time.

We have a nice structure and the work/life balance is very important to the management of our company which I like.

I enjoy the different range of projects I get to work on as well as the range & scope of complexity of each.
Pros
Flexi work hours
productive workplace
material handler (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape31 May 2018
Very busy work enviroment with friendly staff.we always have to ensure the production line has enough kits to build for their schedule.we should never cause a line stoppage.
Pros
we dont work weekends
Cons
long ours
No support from management
Freight forwarding assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape28 May 2018
Management does not help when they are needed. They show up when things have already gone wrong and they blame you. Infornt of the client. The clients are rude and disrespectful. You are not a person to them. Management tells you there is nothing they can do about it and you must just. But the minute you blow up management blames you.. sorry
Pros
FREE Alcohol once ever term
Cons
long hours, rude clients, no support from management, low salary
2,0
very productive because its delivere the books all over South Africa from grade0 to grade9 and its delivered on time only salary become a problem
Inducting and picking (Current Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng12 May 2018
Am a picker my job is to pick tasks using a scaner, tasks that required to go to schools. there is a target you need to reach every day also a week ta
Pros
lunch from 12 to 1
Cons
7 to 5
delivery
driver code 10 (Former Employee) –  gauteng2 May 2018
I learned so much with dsv ,I know places.to work with dsv was good and nice until end of contract.dsv is a good company and they tyk care for clients,
Pros
free lunches
Good workplace
I.T Systems Support Learnership (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 April 2018
I enjoyed working at DSV South Africa as an IT learner and I gained loads of experience there and I worked very well with my colleagues, It is a very professional environment and good place to work at.
Pros
Free beers on friday
Loved DSV
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 April 2018
I worked at DSV for 6 years and as usual all companies have their ups and downs. But that was my second home. The staff was like family. Everything was always done the proper way.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Overtime
4,0
Global supplier of transport and logistics services.
Supervisor -Operations & Safety Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape18 April 2018
I'm currently in operations / Admin as well Safety. I'm heavily involved in all audits internal / external - Operation & Safety
DSV has a good stable company to work for with great work ethic.
Operational and Administrative
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 April 2018
Hours 08:00 - 17:00
Skills and Development
Report to line management
Friendly and Busy
Dealing with difficult clients
Balancing all outcomes of job etc
Pros
Off time when client had functions
Cons
Long hours when overtime was required
1,0
Productive and great start for new jo
Email Correspondence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng11 April 2018
I enjoyed working for DStv and I worked for the company for long hoping to growth within the company. The work increased but the salary remained the same and my responsibilities grew. No opportunity for growth and favoritism played a part in me leaving due to unfairness.
Pros
Work 1 saturday in a month
Cons
No opportunity for growth
Fun, hardworking place
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape5 April 2018
I learned how to operate at an office space, fun, hardworking and diligent work. Our bosses assisted on our work. As hard as it was, maybe my team and I made it till the end.
Pros
Learning new work on the system
Cons
Lots of work