Ecolab Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1 710 reviews
5,0
Ecolob expand employees into more great things like cost of living was at my peak when I was working at ecolab
General work (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng1 February 2019
Ecolob give employees equal rights,, fair salary and wages

I was amazed to find out I'll be even receiving transport allowance fee on top of my basic salary I was honored.
Pros
Free tea, coffee and a lunch box with 1liter cold drink when we working overtime
Cons
Shorts breaks occur 10:00 and health care with safety tutorials are held
Good company name
Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 September 2018
It is a good company to work with. I enjoyed my time there for 10 years. I worked as a Sales Executive . Initially I worked the North Coast area then the areas were open.
2,0
Rigid with little flexibility
Sales Cordinator (Current Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng12 September 2018
I am working for Nalco which was bought by ECOLAB however the companies exist independent of each other The cultures are very different.
Nalco motivates and encourages its employees to be at their best while Ecolab forces employees to be at their best by using certain methods that leaves an employee with no option but to do what is expected of them.
Pros
Cons
Rigid
Productive and Socially / Environmentally aware workforce
Corporate Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 May 2018
Ecolab is a safety conscious company for its employees and clients. It has multiple departments that work effectively together as one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment with the great support structure of coworkers. It provides different challenges everyday, thus there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Great Benefits and has different Charity projects
Ecolab internationally acclaimed
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 February 2018
Ecolab is an international company the deals in for instance pest control. They work in teams to do the debt controlling as well as the logistics of getting the chemicals at the correct venues. The team work among the employees is of outstanding caliber and each one know exactly what is expected of one.
Pros
PAYE done by company
5,0
Good company to work for
Production supervisor, production manager, buyer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 January 2018
good company to work for, fun people, very goal and target driven enviroment. Plant safety a big priority. Management styles however very poor, not much support to accociates, no proper systems in place.
Save and fun workplace
Pest Control Operater (Current Employee) –  Cape Town3 December 2017
You are totally in control of your own route.
Enough time to finish your work and spend quality time time on
customer ‘s premisses.Work from home and only come to office
for meetings or to collect stock and required documents
Pros
13th cheque
Cons
Dont get paid driving time
non productive
Associate IT operations analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng3 October 2017
Globally Ecolab is thee company to work for but locally in south Africa no as they do not have a salary structure and proper management structure ,the are no internal promotions just new hires from outside the company.
Review Summary
Food and Beverage Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape7 September 2017
Good Job Culture. Limited Job growth in CT branch. Currently there is no stability in the CT branch. Good company benifits is received. 13th cheque also given
3,0
Regulatory Affairs Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng6 September 2017
productive work environment.
no processes is the hardest part
typical day at work involves dealing with queries, researching country guidelines, putting processes in place, attending to internal and external customers.
fun work place
HR ADMIN/PA DIRECTOR & RECEPTION (Former Employee) –  Gauteng4 April 2017
I enjoyed one on one sections with line manger, hours were great and work place was safe to work. Although the were no new opportunities and benefits were for some depending if the management likes you or not. I loved working with my team members except for one who was rude.
Pros
free team lunch depending on team leader
Cons
hours were great
Junior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 March 2017
Ecolab is a multifaceted chemical company that allows individuals to extend their knowledge on how the company operates in all its discipline. The give you understanding of how ecolab plants differ from country to country with the same culture.
Pros
unlimited learning
Cons
low chances of permanent employment
5,0
Motivated to work all the time and exciting to be on the go .
Service trainee. (Current Employee) –  South Africa13 March 2017
Always excited to be at work .. Visiting new places and exploring different places .. Meeting knew people. Doing the job right and experiencing new chemicals.. Love working for Ecolab .
Pros
Company vehicles, company uniforms and iPads .
Cons
Traveling far distance from families .
Accounts Payable and Agri Co ordinator
Foreign Creditors - Taking out forward (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, South Africa16 February 2017
Capturing invoices and matching them to purchase orders. Reconciliations and doing foreign creditors, taking out BoP Form from the bank.
5,0
Everyday is a different day meeting new people getting new business very enjoyable
Pest control operator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 January 2017
In this industry there are many different sectors of pest control, everyday is a new challenge , you get to meet new people everyday,there are challenging days were you would need assistance from your team and everybody are team players always willing to assist each other, I am a certified pest control operator with certification, being 12 years in this industry I'm looking for change to better my self and family given the opportunity I know I would excel with the task given to me .
Pros
Most of my accounts are food accounts so we found get to taste a lot of new things that comes out.
Cons
There are some days that we have to work till late and even weekends so that our work is completed.
5,0
Very productive and great company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng30 December 2016
International company from the USA, great culture. Fun to work there. I was responsible for developing new business or sales and maintaining existing client base in gauteng north as well as limpopo province.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Flexible working hours
Working with purpose
Distibution/Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng27 October 2016
Clean water,energy and hygiene supplied to people is always a reason to enjoy the effort put into your work. Leading a team of people from various cultures and all ages can be challenging but yet very rewarding as you achieve as a team. Improvements are an ongoing learning experience for all to be involved with, thus making a stronger team in the long term.
Pros
providing the basics of life to the public
Challenging environment
Chemical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Chloorkop, Gauteng10 October 2016
Maintenance and optimization of on-site Ecolab equipment in the food and beverage industry, including troubleshooting, safety and product application studies. Extensive packaging experience including chain lubrication systems and bottle washing systems.
Fun Workplace
Territory Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Gauteng26 May 2016
Great learning opportunites, HR systems is on point, Offices are very user friendly as well as IT systems.
Activites with staff as in team building and working together going further.
Creditation for good workers
Productive and fun workplace
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng26 May 2016
Great company. learning extensively. very supportive. opportunites to grow individually
One of many global leaders in the industry