Edgars Employee Reviews

2,0
Good working place
till operator (Former Employee) –  Diepsloot, Gauteng23 October 2019
I was working only when the shop is busy and they where paying me each and every monday ,eg you can only sometimes work 2 days a week and at monday you get 236 by that time i was having a new baby born
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Sundays
fun work place
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgars Canal Walk10 October 2019
you need to attend to customers in a very professional manner.
make sure you know your product you selling in your department. merchandise your department up to company's standard.
Pros
incentives when you opened an account
5,0
Driving sales and customer service
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jewellery and watches18 September 2019
Working at Edgars gives lots of experience, i know how to mechadise, house keeping, attention to details, driving sales,reach target, customer service
5,0
Loved working at Edgars many years ago
I did new accounts, banking, stock control, sales, management, went out with area managers to stores to check on theft. I learned how to deal and work with all walks of life. Management at the time was a pleasure to work with as long as you did your work and you were on time and friendly and gave your all to clients. (Client is always right). Most enjoyable was to make target!
3,0
Family like place, fun and productive
Service Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape31 July 2019
It's a good place place to work for a fresh form school. People are lovely, friendly and work as a team.

Money is not good, you learn from others as we worked as a team
Pros
Oppotunity to learn
Cons
No job security
Friendly staff, nice environment
CACHIER (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 July 2019
I have learnt how to motivate other team members.
I get on well with other people
Attending the public, Opening new files.
Handling incoming and outgoing calls.
Pros
Non
Cons
Few hours
stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Walmer, Eastern Cape20 July 2019
It's great environment and great team. You get you o learn a lot. Meet lots of people in different aspects which it grows you as person. And get to understand more of you and the working that you doing.
fun working place
Casual worker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 July 2019
i get there at around 8:30 then start working at 9 am, helping customers with gift ripping, calling in stories to see if they have clothes and in which sizes
on the management task these have been great and the manages are doing their jobs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the hours
Enjoyable workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Africa2 July 2019
To work at edgars tought me how to handle different customer attitudes..i enjoyed working at edgars because the management was so eager to teach how to multitask..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
2,0
I worked nice
Service centre operator (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein13 June 2019
I loved my job n I enjoyed it BT it came to a place where I no longer enjoy it because we where treated unfairly especially managenent n the salary I was getting there was very little there was no change so I decided to go to other option
Pros
Free lunches when reached target of certain services
Cons
Would get long hours if we count stock or having store visits
Service Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 April 2019
I learnt a lot about retail, I gained experience in clothing and how to run a shop and keeping customers happy.

the hardest part was the working hours and abnormal shifts
Fun and very productive
cellphone specialist and studio Q (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape13 April 2019
Yes I worked there it was great working there learnt a lot from the company for an example I learnt how to work with customers, people how to respect another person and how to behave in the midst of other peeps.
3,0
Was fun. Colleagues and customers always nice. My manager at the time was understanding and always ready to help or answer a question.
Stockroom assistant casual (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 April 2019
Treat your customers with respect always. If you working on the floor and get asked for assistance always try and help. Never say you new and you don't know the store yet. Go the extra mile for your customers...make small talk and always lend a ear. Don't take tips because it gives your colleagues and managers the wrong impression.
Cons
Weird hours
Friendly staff members
Clinique consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 March 2019
Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.
Pros
Incentive
Fun working place
Casualty (Former Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga20 March 2019
Edgar's is a very good working environment, because along your work you get to know people,work with different people everyday and that makes the job to be more interesting.
Pros
No free lunch
It was very fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 March 2019
I had an amazing colleagues at Edgars there is a team work.I have to work with team and how to creat people at work place.And I had an amazing managers in the world.
Pros
There free lunch when we rich target
Cons
During holidays
prodcutive and fun
Receptionist /Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Gauteng15 March 2019
l learn how to deal to with customers, our management was supportive and our hardest time its when we deal with thief or customer complain that we charge them too much. but I enjoy working there because helping people or to see another person left our have something they want.
Pros
no free lunch
3,0
Summary
Cellphone Sales Consultant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 March 2019
The workplace was what we made it. It always depends on the team that you are on the shift with. The environment was great for learning how to deal with people because we were exposed to different people every day. The hardest part about the job was to constantly be positive even when the customer is being impossible.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Customer attitude
productive and fun place
Specialist retail associate Cellular (Current Employee) –  Oudtshoorn, ZA26 February 2019
I was happy fir the past 4 years but with the closure of stores in 2019 it made me realise I had to get everything was good you get the best salary.Good bonuses
Pros
payed lunches
5,0
its challenging, able to tackle conflict very easy
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  The Glen,Johannesburg5 February 2019
its such a good experience working with this company.i have learned and grow as an individual i have also leaned to tacle with different challenges on the daily basis.