Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews

Competitive and advance
Customer service its a priority and adhere to the customer needs. My journey with Edgar's has provided a massive experience about the leadership, productivity, how to handle pressure and be creative in short space of time and analytical thinking. The management team is transparent and supportive . Edgar's strive for excellence in every aspect of business and they want to create a friendly environment for customers through best service and quality products they sell. The challenge about the job basically would be to always offer the best service to the customers. And the enjoyable part of the job is the work benefits when the target it is reached by the store.
4,0
I recommend Edgars for people who want to gain experience and knowledge about the working environment
Working at Edgars is very challenging especially for a pregnant woman you stand for very long hours, But for customer service I recommend them I have learnt alot about customer service and also about work ethics.
Productive and funny
My first day wavery typical and i have learned to be at easy, greet customers with smile and assists them, the management were very friendly but firm, and the culture is their zest. the hardest part of the job is stock take and the easiest part is sales.
I learned a lot
I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits
5,0
Hard work and long hours
In the morning reading emails
Check head office communication for the day

Check daily/weekly/monthly targets and discussed with the staff

Give out task for the day

Give feedback to

Receive new stock

Unpack and check new stock

Pricing and replenish new stock

Transfer old stock

I learn alot every day, I learn how to work with diffrent kindoff people

I learn how to be sufficient

I learn how to solve problems

Staff very helpful

Managers and staff work together as a team

Early morning meeting is the most enjoyable part of all talking about the difficult and grumpy customers

They always make my day
3,0
Good
Handling complaints and passing them on to a manager if required • Entering customer information onto a computer database • Taking payment for goods or services • Arranging services for customers • Answering customer enquiries • Interact with customers to know their requirements and needs
3,0
Ive learnt that in whatever you do always give your best when doing your job.also believe in yourself and never give up.be willing to adapt
I always give my best when it comes to doing my job.i put the customer first at all times.ensure that I do what I'm required to do at all times.i have good communication skills and very easy to work with.
Nice working environment
I enjoyed working at edcon opportunities to grow are available. For me it was are gained lots of experience that would help me with other job oppotunities.
Was fun
Working at Edgar's at the that time was OK the working hours were good. Managing your area at work helping customers and also how u should keep the floors clean and the clothes in order.
Average
Besides long hours working at Edgars is very challenging and competitive bt it was fun and i experienced good things with the staff and they r very friendly and good at wht they doing..
Pros
No free lunches
Excellent learning curve
I have learned a lot about client service and how to communicate with difficult customers, I was also given the opportunity to work in different sectors and to also grow in the company. the experience I acquired is wonderful as I have work on the stock taking and sometimes assist in the office. what I can say is that working there really helped me to grow mentally and business conduct.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
normal hours
Casual employment
Edgars had given me a very good experience of working in the retail industry. With a fairly relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers and managers, and a great working environment, I would gladly work for Edgars any day. However, this was a stepping stone on my path to a better career. It has given me good experience and growth to the working environment.
Challenging, fast-paced environment
This business is in constant flux and you have to be able to deal with immense pressure and constant change. Deadlines are intense and so is the environment
My experience
Working at edgars was a great experience and I loved working there.the staff and mangers were very friendly. I gained more experience about the impotance of customer service.
My salary is very less
My salary is a little less cause I'm at unisa doing my distance learning, now i have to pay my fees. So i cant afford rent, school and transportation.
Long hours pay not much
They stress you with productive and not promoting stuff they not give credit where it due.you work hard for the money they gave u less activity angry management
4,0
I had a great exposure to working in the retail sector which was an eye opening for me.
I was exposed to customer care relations through this experience of which I appreciated the most. I will mostly like enjoy going back the retail sector again.
1,0
Opening accounts for costomers
When i worked at newcastle mall i Didnt gets paid when I was working at Edgar's so I had to leave the job 🙄I wasn't happy at all I wasted my money for transport.
Customer service
Started a day with prayer, brief meeting and Target to meet at the end of the day.
Learned to interact with customers and assist them with their purchases, advise them on special sales currently running. Management always assisting where they are needed.
Good working place
I was working only when the shop is busy and they where paying me each and every monday ,eg you can only sometimes work 2 days a week and at monday you get 236 by that time i was having a new baby born
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Sundays
fun work place
you need to attend to customers in a very professional manner.
make sure you know your product you selling in your department. merchandise your department up to company's standard.
Pros
incentives when you opened an account