Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

3,0
Was fun. Colleagues and customers always nice. My manager at the time was understanding and always ready to help or answer a question.
Treat your customers with respect always. If you working on the floor and get asked for assistance always try and help. Never say you new and you don't know the store yet. Go the extra mile for your customers...make small talk and always lend a ear. Don't take tips because it gives your colleagues and managers the wrong impression.
Cons
Weird hours
It was very fun
I had an amazing colleagues at Edgars there is a team work.I have to work with team and how to creat people at work place.And I had an amazing managers in the world.
Pros
There free lunch when we rich target
Cons
During holidays
busy
first job after school. learning experience of how the workplace is.
store always busy. loved working with the customers coming in and out the store. and learning alot about retail.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
remuneration not so good and very long hours
Motivation, Team work
fn and team building in management and staff i have learnt a lot about customer service management is very fair and nuetral the most impressive part when we each target and get rewarded
Pros
incentives
5,0
great company to work for
I enjoyed the time a worked for edgars. I learned a lot about customer services and working with people.
The company allowed me to rotate in different departments, eg. opening of accounts
3,0
Wanted to experience working in retail
It was very much an "every man for himself" type of working environment. It was a good learning experience though but for amount of work done,you weren't really compensated fairly. Also job security,nobody's job was really safe.
productive
in this company i didn't work long, it was only few month but i enjoyed some of the times with them, there wasn't anything hard about the job, most enjoyable part was to serve customers as quick as i can making sure we don't have long ques.
Pros
free lunches made by management when the store has reached the target
4,0
Always something different to do. Lots of challenges that are achievable. Great place to learn. Learning opportunities
4,0
I am a team player, I forever look forward to have a great team to face the day at work with and doing what is required from the team and making sure that we value our customers by making sure that they get what they deserve which is meeting their needs. At Edgar's making money for the company and serving consumers was my life.
Pros
Always at work and always serving
Cons
Dont value customers
fun work place
at the beginning of the month the store is always quite.
working at cellphones, and cash office.

the management is very hard on you.

the workers is very friendly and helpful.

learning in the cash office.

was when we had a theme every Friday.
Pros
get a free lunch if you reach a target
fun, productive workplace
was a fun environment to work in I saw any challenge as a chance to better myself in the workplace. A normal day would 9hour shift. sometimes longer when the festive season arrives. I was a casual worker who also helped out weekends when I started studying in 2013.
Cons
long hours of not getting tea or lunch breaks
5,0
its professional and a enjoyable working place.
my day at work begin with a morning meeting everyday before the shop open.that inform you of changes made or what they want from you in that day.

i have learned that given the oppertinity you can and will work your way to the top.

management is very professional but very open to ideas ond input from there workers.that make a winning team.

co - workers always there for eachother.always there to work as a team because they work so well alone.

the hardest part of the job is when the day is almost done because i always feel like there is more to do.

i enjoy every aspect of the job. i like to learn so the diffirent departments is for me a joy and a challenge.
Pros
everyday meetings
Cons
when hours enterfere with public transport time.
Work towards customer satisfaction
Very demanding job
Always maintaining professionalism towards customers

Co-workers were fun to work with

Management very strict
4,0
Work with people, selling clothes to the public. I have learned how to sell clothes, Management was good. The was no hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part was to serve the customers.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Working Saterdays
productive, fun workplace
Everyday I looked forward to go work,with the colleagues i had that made the job worthy easy. i also had friendly and understanding management. the working hours were progressive also. It was nice too to work with customers. I had fun and was learning and enjoying everyday, but i had to find school because i had passed my grade 12 that year.
Pros
working hours and good salary
Fun place to work in
The work place is great and co-workers are very nice and they assist you when you new.
I have learned a lot when it come to dealing with a customer and all thanks to my co-workers.

The management is good in a way, but what i do not understand is why they do not tell you of what is expected of you, most of the new workers learn from their co-workers.

The hardest part to work in is the stork room because the stork is expected to be on the rails by the end of the day so you need to work fast.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being a Cashier because there you are able to inter-act with the customer.
Pros
Early lunch
Cons
Long ours
2,0
it was fun
i have learned a lot by working at the stockroom,ive never known that brands of clothing had to be hanged differently(each clothing range has its own hanger).Management of time was very important because we had a target of about 40 boxes in maximum to unpack
1,0
i would like to bring the sytle more in to Edgars Mans products.
i like fashion and how we as guys we should wear in defferent boys sizes and colours you may wear.
i am very dedicated to my work and i will be very happy to spend my weekends at work doing my good work by advetising the product and sellind it.

because during the week i am at college.
Pros
frelunch
Cons
long