Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

2,0
Was fun
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 January 2020
Working at Edgar's at the that time was OK the working hours were good. Managing your area at work helping customers and also how u should keep the floors clean and the clothes in order.
2,0
Challenging, fast-paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 December 2019
This business is in constant flux and you have to be able to deal with immense pressure and constant change. Deadlines are intense and so is the environment
Friendly staff members
Clinique consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 March 2019
Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.
Pros
Incentive
3,0
Summary
Cellphone Sales Consultant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 March 2019
The workplace was what we made it. It always depends on the team that you are on the shift with. The environment was great for learning how to deal with people because we were exposed to different people every day. The hardest part about the job was to constantly be positive even when the customer is being impossible.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Customer attitude
5,0
its challenging, able to tackle conflict very easy
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  The Glen,Johannesburg5 February 2019
its such a good experience working with this company.i have learned and grow as an individual i have also leaned to tacle with different challenges on the daily basis.
Work in progress
Specialist Buyer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 November 2018
senior management run the business like a regular business with no regard to fashion, culture is fine though, lovely training ground for buyers and planners
3,0
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 October 2018
to introduce the new arrivals to customers and to show the trending clothes.

it makes me feel so happy to see people get what they've needed from me
Pros
happy mood
Cons
overtimes
4,0
Fun place to work but salary was not as said in the contract
Tiller (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 September 2018
Working at Edgar's was very nice and I did my job perfectly , even when the manager requested us to make thank you cards I used to make more than the target.
Pros
You bring your own lunch
Cons
Normal hours
great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 August 2018
Edgars gave me so much exposure to customer service, warehouse environment which equiped me for the other appointment i took, being part of such a big entity gave me so much pride
Pros
staff discount
Cons
hectic work schedule but was done with commitment
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 July 2018
Edgars is a good and leading brand in SA and a great company to work for. They have a good reputation in the employment industry and I am proud to have been a part of the edcon group
Pros
professional
Cons
long Hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 April 2018
Good company to be part of within sales. The customers a good and challenging sometimes, you learn more about fashion and clothing. The management is good.
Pros
Free transport
Fun Workplace
Sales and Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 February 2018
The team at Edgar's East Rand Mall is like a family and they help each other out in the most difficult situations, i.e. dealing with customers who are unreasonable, they support each other and the managers are a delight when things do not go bad and a positive review is received from the head of Edgar's. Which is why they stand out to be the friendliest company amongst other EDCON companies. I always work there during the holidays to get extra cash for school.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Short Hours
4,0
Working as team and passion
Customer consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 February 2018
Working with customers is a big challenge because when you having your mood at work is not a priority but customer satisfactory comes first. A manner of approach is very important "its not what you say but how you say it" that is what I was taught and it worked for me. Management is well groomed and grooms employees also, going to assist a customer and offering them help before they even come to you is the workplace culture not forgetting to smile. Pushing for a target on very slow days becomes draining, getting a few customers coming in. Making money is the most fun part it is genuinely exciting and keeps me flexible.
Pros
Team outting
Cons
Working on Sunday
productive work place
SPECIALIST PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 April 2017
weekly meetings with team ,for feedback, on the weekly performance to budget.
Monitoring the forecasting of stock inputs.
Meeting with suppliers monthly
Seasonal reports on product and personal performance
Pros
product exposure
Conducive working environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 February 2017
Enjoyed working at the company although the scheduling wasn't always in my favour .Nonetheless it was lovely getting to deal with different customers who somehow taught me that everyone is unique in his or her own way .Year end functions were awesome.
Pros
Sincere working environment
Cons
Few working days = less income
5,0
I enjoyed my time at Edgarz because i gained work experience
sales assistant and merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg,Maponya Mall16 January 2017
Edgarz is worldwide known clothing store.They provide quality and beautiful clothes for all genders and different age groups.they do not only sell clothes but jewellery and essentials &perfumes as well.Their brand is known for the best.Edgarz gave me experience as I was still a student at the University of Johannesburg so I took an opportunity to work there during school holidays and I must say I am truly greatful and appreciate the journey with them as I knew nothing about the working environment.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
long hours and sometimes the day off's are too long
3,0
fun place to work at.You meet different people with different characters every day. Every shift is a learning curve and I became a stronger person.
packer (kiddies department) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg (fourways)15 January 2017
I enjoyed every single day I spent working for Edgar, management team was good and co-workers where like second family to me.I have learned a lot at Edgars, good communication skills, being problem solver, good listener and most of all a team player. Nothing was hard because I was open to learn new things every day.
fun
sales person (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg21 November 2016
Comfortable place with good employees ,love and equity,dress code on point costomer service is good ,the environment is healthy all the time . being at work feels more like being at home , we all feel equal as employees
Pros
enough break
Cons
fair working hours
5,0
I loved interacting with customers
Service Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 November 2016
I was a casual (temp) aswell, so our contract were over that's when they started to reduce the working hours and that means less payment aswell
Pros
9 to 5 hours of work
Cons
Stocktakes
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 May 2016
A normal working day
I have learned how to communicate with different types of people
I had great management
I also had great co-workers
The hardest part was communicating with my assitance manager
Communicating with customers