Edgars Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  wonderboom, Pretoria8 April 2017
It was a great opportunity for me to work as a cashier at Edgars, I gained a lot of experience and the management was good, customer service was great
Pros
own lunch
Cons
long working hours
2,0
Socially adaptable and comforting
retail salesman (Former Employee) –  Tokai, Western Cape6 April 2017
Working at Edgar's was very interesting because it taught me about responsibility and good work ethic in unexpected ways. Therefore I would recommend working there, however, there are certain problems with the scheduled payments among the Edgar's staff.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Not getting paid on time
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastgate, Gauteng4 April 2017
Sales is challenging but enjoyable because you feel great whenever you assist a customer that he/she purchase the item and always look for you because of excellent customer service you gave, the hardest part is to convince at times you run out of plans that's when I learned to allow the customer make their own choice at times. The most enjoyable moment in retail is during promotion.
Pros
incentives
Cons
Added hours during staff shortage
productive work place
SPECIALIST PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 April 2017
weekly meetings with team ,for feedback, on the weekly performance to budget.
Monitoring the forecasting of stock inputs.
Meeting with suppliers monthly
Seasonal reports on product and personal performance
Pros
product exposure
5,0
Hard work productive, advance training, upskilling, staff empowerment. Growth
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal30 March 2017
Learning process, they give vast understanding, of operations training, training in all department to be flexible, give staff empowemet, training in management level.
Cons
Unpayed overtime
very fun place
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Western Cape20 March 2017
a typical day at work was working in the stockroom and helping out on the floor. A lot. My manager was very kind. the most enjoyable part was my friends I made
Pros
free transport when you work overtime
Cons
weekend working
3,0
Very interesting place to be, and you learn alot
Coustomer service (Former Employee) –  Gauteng19 March 2017
Edgars is quietly amazing, i worked there i think for 6 months and i enjoyed working at customer service helping customers, i would learn new things everyday.
Pros
We would get free lunch if we did a good custmer service
Cons
No long hours
Productive,Place to be&Fun.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Gauteng1 March 2017
We had same activities sametimes &we would have fun.I have learned how to work with customers & make them feel at home.The management was not so good because they sametimes treated us unfairly.The hardest part of the job,will be when we do not have enough staff on the departments and still have to help the customers.The most enjoyable part of the job,will be activities that we have.
Pros
Free gifts
Stressful environment
Service Centre Operator/Saleslady (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Western Cape28 February 2017
Management at the time was stressful
Long busy hours working weekends as well
Everything was done manually at the time unlike currently
Staff was continuously monitored
Pros
Enjoyed assisting public
Cons
stressful environment
It was fun sometimes
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng20 February 2017
As big as the company is for me it was like a company that it is trying to get its foot right, because just for a week you will get more that ten secular that contradict each other. Today they will tell you to do this and tomorrow it is changed you have to undo everything. There was something wrong with managers I don't know if it was pressure or what. The hardest part of the job is when the is price adjustment in your department and you have no assistant and at they expect me to multi task meaning I have to be at service center and at my department at the same time.
The most enjoyable part was when they acknowledge your hard work.
Customer care (Former Employee) –  cape town western cape3 February 2017
in this company i didn't work long, it was only few month but i enjoyed some of the times with them, there wasn't anything hard about the job, most enjoyable part was to serve customers as quick as i can making sure we don't have long ques.
Pros
free lunches made by management when the store has reached the target
Conducive working environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 February 2017
Enjoyed working at the company although the scheduling wasn't always in my favour .Nonetheless it was lovely getting to deal with different customers who somehow taught me that everyone is unique in his or her own way .Year end functions were awesome.
Pros
Sincere working environment
Cons
Few working days = less income
Good start
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knysna, Western Cape31 January 2017
Had fun , was professional and efficient. enjoyable working conditions, staff was kind and helpful in terms of training.
Manager at knysna branch was amazing.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban kwazulunatal30 January 2017
Working for Edgars was not that much fun. I was a casual worker and so my salary was not satisfactory. I worked because I needed the money for grocery
Pros
aircondition
1,0
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 January 2017
again fun because of the people and the different customers you deal with everyday and that all i can say about that company. the management does not respect they staff and they is racial limitations in-terms of promotions.
Pros
bonus and gifts
Cons
under paid
5,0
I enjoyed my time at Edgarz because i gained work experience
sales assistant and merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg,Maponya Mall16 January 2017
Edgarz is worldwide known clothing store.They provide quality and beautiful clothes for all genders and different age groups.they do not only sell clothes but jewellery and essentials &perfumes as well.Their brand is known for the best.Edgarz gave me experience as I was still a student at the University of Johannesburg so I took an opportunity to work there during school holidays and I must say I am truly greatful and appreciate the journey with them as I knew nothing about the working environment.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
long hours and sometimes the day off's are too long
3,0
fun place to work at.You meet different people with different characters every day. Every shift is a learning curve and I became a stronger person.
packer (kiddies department) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg (fourways)15 January 2017
I enjoyed every single day I spent working for Edgar, management team was good and co-workers where like second family to me.I have learned a lot at Edgars, good communication skills, being problem solver, good listener and most of all a team player. Nothing was hard because I was open to learn new things every day.
Productive environment
Sales Represantative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal10 January 2017
Productive environment to work in. fun and friendly staff.Short hours, Management is very strict and co-workers are friendly and hard working. learned to work with different people.
Cons
Short hours
4,0
Very relaxed working environment .
Personnel Officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 January 2017
* A typical day involved an extensive amount of staff and customer interaction.
* I learned to balance staff relations and customer relations.
* Management was extremely staff driven and developing and training staff was high priority. However, there was a lot of spoon feeding and working on own initiative was highly unlikely.
* My co-workers were extremely supportive and friendly. Very supportive towards HR.
* The hardest part of the job was not being able to use my own initiative. Every action had to be pre-approved.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was all the in-store action with regard to promotions and sales.
Pros
Good Career prospects and secure working environment.
Cons
The retail industry demands long working hours, however, staff benefits are excellent.
2,0
Very nice and difficult times
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal7 December 2016
Edgars we had to deal with customer on the daily basis that were returning,exchange and orders. We had very nice and difficult times with customers that a demanding and not willing to listen to the terms and conditions of the return policy.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
8 hours