Edgars Employee Reviews

Productive trainings weekly
cellphone specialist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria,Kolonnade30 November 2016
Good place to work,but not happy about the salary considering all the responsibility that come with my position. Otherwise i m enjoying my job
Pros
Share payouts twice a year
It was an exciting job.
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal26 November 2016
It was a really nice place to work as it was near the festive time and it was a bit challenging but also fun trying to find different ways to do the job. Also got to interact with people all the time
company well organized
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lenasia, Gauteng25 November 2016
had a very good time working at the place..management was well organized and had a great system of trading...very fun and exiting working with people(customers)..unfortunately had to leave the place sue to expiring of contract.
Pros
benefits for staff members
Cons
non renewable contract
fun work place
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng23 November 2016
Edgars was like a home to me, my co-workers eventually turned into friends and it was fun. The management was great and the workload was superb. I miss working in such environment, having to meet, see and help new people everyday. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with difficult customer but either way, I learned a lot from such people. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
discounts
fun
sales person (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg21 November 2016
Comfortable place with good employees ,love and equity,dress code on point costomer service is good ,the environment is healthy all the time . being at work feels more like being at home , we all feel equal as employees
Pros
enough break
Cons
fair working hours
4,0
a vast look on the world
Customer service online (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng12 November 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and treating people, the world of retail is different but it teaches most about how to handle one self. so i got custom to wanting to help customers get the help thye need to shop happier.
Pros
felt like home
Cons
hectic hours
hard working place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng8 November 2016
Working at Edgar has gain me experience in providing good customer service mainly to edgars customers. I now know how to deal with difficult customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
productive good workplace
stockroom associate (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal7 November 2016
I enjoyed working for the company gained experience even working long hours trying to reach target and working as a team together with the management
Pros
free lunches
5,0
I loved interacting with customers
Service Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 November 2016
I was a casual (temp) aswell, so our contract were over that's when they started to reduce the working hours and that means less payment aswell
Pros
9 to 5 hours of work
Cons
Stocktakes
productive and fun enviroment
cashier and sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng18 October 2016
I am a very hard work person and can adapt to any situation and task given through to me. Im polite and can work with any difficult client. Im a hard worker
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
not to long hours
4,0
Productive and fun work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth13 October 2016
Helping the customers, making orders for the customers, I enjoy interacting with the customers, the long hours was the hardest thing.
Pros
Staff Discount
productivity
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State12 October 2016
It's a huge company with good management,
fun to work with fellow colleagues,learn each day and coming with ideas,enjoying each day tasks and working so hard to make it happen
Pros
free lunches simetimes
Cons
normal hours
4,0
working together and respecting each other
machandiser (Former Employee) –  edgars empangeni5 October 2016
It was not about who is more experience but was more about respecting each other and helping customers because we all wanted the business to grow. We had our time management and we Oldways wear full uniform. We knew that to sell our products we must smile
Pros
free lunch
Sales orientated
Counter Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp13 August 2016
Good growth opportunities. Flexi hours makes it a more balanced working environment. Fun place to work at working as a team. Target orrientated company.
Pros
days off
Cons
Extended trading hours during peak times
Tried to make it fun
Switchboard & Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng8 August 2016
Had to walk around on the floor, greet the customers and assist them with queries and direct them to desired locations in the store.

On the switchboard: Answering of incoming calls, transfer call to desired extensions. Approving of all outgoing staff call.

At Customer Service Centre: Assisting client with allocating required item sizes,colours and makes, Contacting Fashion Hotline to speed up delivery time for clients goods bought.
Pros
Discount on Goods purchased
Cons
Long hours, and worked weekend, and public holidays
fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape9 July 2016
it was amazing working there everyone is friendly,it was interesting just by working with all kinds of different customers i really learned a lot when it comes to customer service
5,0
Productive and professional place to work in
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape24 June 2016
the place is great to work in. Everyone was professional from the security guard to the Store manager, when you go to work you know that you gonna assist the store reach it's daily, weekly and monthly store targets. The enjoyable moments was meeting new customers as they always had their opinions about our products and prices, i'v gained a lot of experience for the time i was working there. I would like to take what i learned there and put it to good use.
Sales driven ( back then ) 1997
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga24 June 2016
Merchandise , sales customer service , replenish and clean of your department

Customer was a king

Management were well respected

Co-workers were driven by sales back then ( 1997)

we only implemented what we were told there was no room for ideas back then ( 1997)

Dealing with my customers
Pros
working with people
Cons
strict management
4,0
Fast paced due to numerous deadlines, Job Insecurity.
Senior Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Pretoria11 June 2016
Job work / Life balance a problem, i.e. 2 Days off in a month. Salary and benefits quite low, particularly at lower levels.

Too much workload caused by among others too much paper administration.

Job security, management and culture need some serious improvement.
Pros
Performance based incentive
Cons
Too much paperwork
3,0
Fun workplace but awkward hours
Cell phone Salesman (Current Employee) –  East London8 June 2016
A typical day at work would see me interact with many customers and selling approximately 15 phones on a quiet day and up to 35 or more on a busy day. Certain customers would be difficult to work with but I overcame this with my excellent interpersonal skills. Management was supportive and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching the weekly and monthly targets.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Awkward hours