Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews

I learned a lot
I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits
4,0
it was a productive work environment
It was a very greate place and a compay to work for gaining costomer expierence and geting to explore into the real world of business.the challenges was veery high meeting the daily and monthly target interpreting sales figures.meeting custumer satisfaction and retaining them it needs an somone who is dedicated to his or her job.it was anice place to work for.
Pros
we provide our own lunch the company only provide tea and cofee.
Cons
we woked long hours during stocktaking
3,0
Proactive, competitive and fun work area.
Collating previous day turnover and comparing to last year performance, as well as brand ranking. Ive learned you are only as good as your previous day's performance, which made it a very competitive enviroment.
Pros
Allocation plus commission, uniform, overtime.
Cons
Set hours, one week-end off per month
Very fun place to work
I gained a lot of experience in Retail and knowing how to deal with clients. Being able to assist the Branch Manager and achieving good results.
Pros
Learning on how to handle clients and being appreciated
Cons
difficult customers
3,0
had a great experience and improved my people skills
People need to be more secured and given assurance about their future; I think its high time more people work on a note permanent basises
Productive workplace
1.Very active at work
2.Discipline and Ubuntu principles

3. Very cor-operative management

4. Team work is prioritized

5, Stock taking

6.Interacting with clients
3,0
Salary and benefits are good
The rumors around the retailers future has an overall negative effect on the staff moral.

I enjoyed the on the job learning.

The implementation of the Tipping Point project in general was a great learning in the importance of product lay out and merchandising in a retail environment.

Monthly conferences were helpful in understanding chain strategies and your role.

I was part of the optimization project and this enabled me to introduce optimized strategies in the cosmetic and jewelry departments for my division.

My Jewelry back office strategy was later introduced to the entire chain and is currently used in all stores.
Fun workplace
Daily cash ups I stressed if I should notice that my cash up doesn't but most of the time I balanced,I enjoyed working with customers and explaining everything they didn't understand,I enjoyed selling them services like funeral covers,account protection plan,etc,I have very good convincing skills,the hardest part was when they didn't put me on the schedule for the whole week as they sometimes will because I was a casual teller,the it was a bit hard on me because then the salary will be too little,but other than that I enjoyed working with my colleagues,I loved that we prayed every morning before work and afternoon when we knock off,the management was always helpful and considerate
Pros
Good management
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Edgars?
3,0
good
Learnt alot from merchandising products and product sales.
Built good relationships with buyers. Able to try on different products.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Standing long hours
fun work place
at the beginning of the month the store is always quite.
working at cellphones, and cash office.

the management is very hard on you.

the workers is very friendly and helpful.

learning in the cash office.

was when we had a theme every Friday.
Pros
get a free lunch if you reach a target
fun workplace
good communication
management treat one everyone well

enjoy making big sales

handling customers objections

serving all customers equal

giving all my the to the company

sharing ideal on the meeting
fun place, comfortable environment
assisting customers and advertising cosmetic products
I learnt how to advertise and promote

management is very understanding though they very strict about time

my co workers are fun to work with we make a good team

hardest part is when a customer is not satisfied and comes and gives you attitude

best part is when a customer is happy
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
disgruntled customers
productive fun work place
I would love to work at edgars learning new things and usure that I do my work properly I will not disapoint my manager you will not be sorry on giving me a chance
Pros
free lunches
Cons
normal hours
5,0
The productivity is always high. and during work time there is no fun time.
It sometimes get busy, but i can live with that because i love to work.

I have learned to work well with people as a team work.

The management is perfect, our managers shows us by example.

Co- workers are the best especially the one i work hand in hand with them.

The hardest part of the job is that i work as a casual.

I enjoy working, but is always difficult for me knowing that i am casual.
Pros
No free lanches
Cons
We work long hours once in a while, so no complain.
productivity
it was just ok nothing major can be said the difference is that the employees and management are really cool people, we always had initiate our skills when coming to our department like making sure the rail wa in order
Pros
nothing
Cons
working long hours and not being paid well
work was great
Work was always fun. I learned to play hard you got to work hard. Management were helpful to all personnel. My co-workers were the best in the field, always helpful. the part I enjoyed the most about work is going to work.
4,0
good in productivity and quality
team work and management is good and also the communicaton,productivity is there.customer service,loyalty,you also get the skill to manage your self
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
8 hrs
3,0
working environment where one learns a lot
A typical day at work would be rendering services to customers, making sure that they are satisfied and happy.

I have learnt to be responsible, to be productive, to be self-reliant, to be compliant to procedures of the company,how to interact with customers and also to work to reach a target.

The management was motivate and encouraging as we would receive supervision from them. They made it easy for us to work.

My co-workers were as driven with customer services.

The hardest part of the job was to see a customer unsatisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was expressing my passion in being able to help or assist the next person in store (customer).
5,0
i was working as a pay by claim it was only for Decemeber
i was working as a wrapper and at the shoe department it was only for December time,it was a pay by claim. i learned that the retail companies are not the same as the companies or government, Managements are different because each and every manager got his or her management style, we are only 3 in the same floor, its when we are working until late towards the Christmas time or when you meet a difficult customer, it when we meet a lot of people and they different in language, culture etc.
Pros
working short hours
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Everyday was fun, the management ws so cool we even shared jokes with the bosses, the co-wokers made me feel like home. The hardet part of the job was to deal with a rude customer. Most enjoyable part of the job was the reward day when we did well in our departments.
Pros
early lunches and enough tea times
Cons
long hours and enough day offs
4,0
Well organised and skills development work place. Fun and good social organisation.
* Very challenging but with cutting edge thrill and possible resolutions to any situation.
* I learned that if you are dedicated at your work there will be always a room for improvement.

* Management is always helpful and have very useful systems in place to accomplish every day-to-day situations.

* I was always working with nice people and helpful in many ways.

* The hard part of the job was being unable to satisfy a customer due to stock shortage or unavailability of ranges.

* Enjoyable part of work was hosting fun and exciting fashion sales and launching new customer/ staff benefiting services.
Pros
Red Carpet Sales, Random 3 Day sales