Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews

Fine working place
Credit Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, FS13 February 2015
Good management and team players are supporting as they should, although we work with the money of people which is not easy.
Pros
Non free lunch
Cons
Long hours only to assist customers.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Alberton, GP4 February 2015
it was a nice place to work in and I enjoyed each and every day at work. I learnt a lot as a person. I also got to meet incredibly great people to work with
Fun
Assistance Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Eastgate, GP26 November 2014
People Skills
Customer Service
Liaison with other peers
General Administration
Merchandising
Cons
Long Hours
productive
Stockroom admin (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou, LP22 November 2014
I was stockroom admin .My duty is to administrator stock.
I learn a lot administration
The management are professional
My staff are very friendly
Optimasation its hard to implement
Achieving targe
Pros
Providing traning
Cons
not having transport allowance
Making money as a team
RETAIL,SALE ASSISTANT, TERMINAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Krugersdorp, GP20 November 2014
Sales, unpacking stock. Cashier, sales,serving customers
I have learned to work under pressure,and enjoyed it.
Worked with a good and well trained management,
We all have to worked as a team.
Busy periods hardest part, but challenging
Customers start to know you, always comes back to you asking you by your name for their needs and help
Pros
Lunch
2,0
Highly demanding and focuse all the time
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberton, GP10 November 2014
unpacking of boxes and soring clothes accordingly.
being organised is important
we didnt have time to share with experienced colleques.
working on holidays
Pros
customers service skilled improved
Cons
long hours and holidays
fun, productive workplace
Service Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC5 November 2014
was a fun environment to work in I saw any challenge as a chance to better myself in the workplace. A normal day would 9hour shift. sometimes longer when the festive season arrives. I was a casual worker who also helped out weekends when I started studying in 2013.
Cons
long hours of not getting tea or lunch breaks
2,0
Not challenging enough for me
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paarl, WC4 November 2014
I would not recommend a job at edgars to anyone. I did not enjoy working there at all, not just are their hours bad, the pay and benefits are too.
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN4 November 2014
Staff was very friendly.
Managers great people to work for.
Supervisors very motivational and friendly.
Dealing with hard customers was the hardest for me, with all the motivations and lessons by managers and supervisors made it easy everyday.
Theme days were my favourite part.
I learned how to deal with different customers.
Pros
free lunches from our Managers.
5,0
its professional and a enjoyable working place.
stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC22 October 2014
my day at work begin with a morning meeting everyday before the shop open.that inform you of changes made or what they want from you in that day.

i have learned that given the oppertinity you can and will work your way to the top.

management is very professional but very open to ideas ond input from there workers.that make a winning team.
co - workers always there for eachother.always there to work as a team because they work so well alone.

the hardest part of the job is when the day is almost done because i always feel like there is more to do.

i enjoy every aspect of the job. i like to learn so the diffirent departments is for me a joy and a challenge.
Pros
everyday meetings
Cons
when hours enterfere with public transport time.
1,0
My work
Cellphone Administration (Current Employee) –  Roodepoort, GP17 September 2014
A typical day at work is selling phones to customers and customers expecting you to know all the cellphones in detail which is a challenge.

Doing claims can be little stressful when the customer is very impatient about her claim constantly calling you to know whether did they approve the claim or not while the insurance tell you to wait for respond from hollard
Pros
We work 8 hours.We have off days
Cons
During december we work crazy hours.We get paid peanuts
4,0
it was a very productive and self-enhancing work environment which gave me a very enjoyable experience.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ZN17 September 2014
you were expected to behave very formally and courteously towards your co-workers ans superiors, while with your co-workers you couild be friendly to make the working environment more enjoyable, i learned how to behave and interpret behaviour from superiors and what was acceptable in terms of manners in the workplace,my co-workers were fun and friendly and always willing to help,the hardest part of the job was dealing with dissatisfied or rude customers but the most enjoyable part was dealing with friendly customers.
Pros
friendly co-workers and lunch breaks
Cons
unpredictable work hours
Customer Service
Store Admin Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP25 August 2014
This is a nice place to work in, the weekend were the most typical or challenging days especially month ends where the store is so busy where you have some impatient customers all they want is to take what they want, pay and go, now one has to be there for them so that they dont get upset and leave the store due to long lines, when you dealing with this people you have to listern to their frustration and and explain to them why the lines are so long and what are you doing about them, in this case one learn to be patient and learn to listern and be in customers shoes, Management and colleaques are so supportive and helpful in reaching the company goal, the worsed part is when you deal with a customer who says they know everything or a difficult customer, one has to be very careful as to what you say to that customer, you need to win that customer over to you in order to solve his or her problem and I enjoy my job when I deal with those kind of customer because you end up learning one or two things from that customer as they will tell you how to handle them and once they are gone you use the same method to other customer and you end up not having difficult customer
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Extended hours
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP3 August 2014
I would come in store and sort the clothes on the rails so they look neat and tidy for the customers, but most of the time I would work in the fitting room and assist customers who want to fit clothes. Co-workers were friendly, most of them. Management was supportive. Hardest part of the job was the rude customers and the most enjoyable was interacting with different customers obviously and seeing them leave the store happy and satisfied with the service
Pros
Cons
working long hours while standing
Work towards customer satisfaction
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC6 May 2014
Very demanding job
Always maintaining professionalism towards customers
Co-workers were fun to work with
Management very strict
pleasing the customer
service center operator (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN29 April 2014
my typical day a work comprised of standing behind the till ringing merchandise purchased by the customer while making sure they get the best buying experiences from my services. I sold and made store targets by opening up accounts, replenishing items. to work with people one has to be friendly at all times. management was organised and they maintained a generally work based relationship with their employees (they kept everything professional)
Pros
target competitions
Cons
standing through out the day
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC9 April 2014
Work with people, selling clothes to the public. I have learned how to sell clothes, Management was good. The was no hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part was to serve the customers.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Working Saterdays
5,0
The people where fun , the environment is worth the sqeeze a good place for enhancing my carreer
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP18 February 2014
My day starts yesterday Planning & Prioritising the following day, - for my direct reports (Tasking) My day starts early being the first at my store, opening the day with an update to my staff on turnover, where stand and what we need to make Budget, Sharing promotional Ideas. Mangement given tasking and through the day follow-up to make sure we are on tract. Hardest part of my job was to get my direct reports to performance manage there staff.
I love my job, I strive to interact with my internal and external customers by giving the best experience in my store
Pros
make time to enjoy
Cons
7am - 10pm
Productive and motivational
Store Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, EC12 February 2014
Learning experience with a great support structure. Improving skills is at your disposal with training and learner ships available.
Credit clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC5 February 2014
There was no promotional opportunities at Edgars although I enjoyed my work, but I wanted better for myself and my family. I made a decision to quit and studied full-time, which resulted in me getting he job as a forensic expert, which I enjoyed. I enjoy learning and experiencing new things. My time at Edgars taught me to treat people equally and with respect, to give recognition when good work was done and this was not always the case due to the apartheid era because certain race groups received all the promotions. This did not make me negative, but had he opposite effect. I realized that I would only get anywhere if I increased my education levels.