Edgars Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng22 May 2018
Doing makeup is something that I love so I enjoy working at Edgar’s the manager is kind to staff but the money isn’t so good but it is something I love doing
Pros
It’s close to home
Cons
Juggling school and work
Fun
retail associate (Former Employee) –  Zeerust, North West2 May 2018
I've learned that communication to stuff and customer it's very important.stuff meeting are very important,u learn more about your company,selling product n insurances.
Pros
Staff price
Cons
Salary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 April 2018
Good company to be part of within sales. The customers a good and challenging sometimes, you learn more about fashion and clothing. The management is good.
Pros
Free transport
4,0
It was fun i have learned alot from edgars i have learned how to work with people also the castomer service is very important
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Somerset West, Western Cape28 March 2018
You have to listern to your siniors in order to learn do what you are being told to do

Also engage you self with the job you applied for be dedicated be available
Pros
Free lunches when you give good customer service
2,0
management skills and leadership
head cashier (Current Employee) –  Wierdapark, Gauteng5 March 2018
Schedulling; customer service; banking; pick ups; administration; customer queries; logged calls ; reconceiling petty cash ; leadership ; opening and closing of the store; reading e mails ; data capturing and management skills.
Cons
8hrs
4,0
Great company for learning experience but no security of permanent employment and constant issues relating payment of casual employees
retail associate (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Eastern Cape26 February 2018
Great company with many learning opportunities. Very little to no benefits for casual staff. Understaffed in most stores so too much work and pressure on staff members
Cons
Very long hours
4,0
fun and productive work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal23 February 2018
Fun place to work.good sense of team work.customers always return.staff are friendly and well educated on products and services in store.fun training sessions
Pros
Gaining experience as a beauty advisor.learning a lot about skin care and make up
Cons
long hours, working weekends
4,0
It is a fun and productive enviroment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo22 February 2018
Although my line manager tends to be unfair at times,I do genuinely enjoy my job. I love fashion and clothes, I sell bags and accessories and that gets me going.I adapt easily so I develop a passion for any job offered.
Pros
High professionalism
Fun Workplace
Sales and Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 February 2018
The team at Edgar's East Rand Mall is like a family and they help each other out in the most difficult situations, i.e. dealing with customers who are unreasonable, they support each other and the managers are a delight when things do not go bad and a positive review is received from the head of Edgar's. Which is why they stand out to be the friendliest company amongst other EDCON companies. I always work there during the holidays to get extra cash for school.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Short Hours
Productive and customer centric
Control Risk and Stock Admin manager (Former Employee) –  Tzaneen, Limpopo8 February 2018
Enjoyed the team work and collaboration from fellow management and staff. Enjoyed the harmonious and safe working environment, the coaches and opportunity to coach others.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities
friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  claremont6 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at edgars, started my retail, staff are trained and are encouraged to grow within the company, are developed accordingly. Lots of opportunities for staff to grow.
Pros
growth
Cons
favouratism rife
Productive working environment
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape6 February 2018
I learned a lot in the short time i have been working there it was my first job as a student and i highly appreciate the opportunity i was given by Edgars, i learnt the importance of time management punctuality and on a daily bases i met new people which opened mevup to new experience, thoigh sometimes the hours were long i learnt to prioritize and to put my responsibilities above all else.
Pros
Meeting new people
2,0
A nice experience of the retail business
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo6 February 2018
I worked at all sections of the store , cosmetics , cellphones , cash office , service centre , stock room. I was basically a "reliever" of anyone that was on lunch or wasn't available or needed to be somewhere.
4,0
Working as team and passion
Customer consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 February 2018
Working with customers is a big challenge because when you having your mood at work is not a priority but customer satisfactory comes first. A manner of approach is very important "its not what you say but how you say it" that is what I was taught and it worked for me. Management is well groomed and grooms employees also, going to assist a customer and offering them help before they even come to you is the workplace culture not forgetting to smile. Pushing for a target on very slow days becomes draining, getting a few customers coming in. Making money is the most fun part it is genuinely exciting and keeps me flexible.
Pros
Team outting
Cons
Working on Sunday
3,0
was surrounded by fun, active and productive team of fellow employees
Sales assistance (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng31 January 2018
the management was understanding people, and i learned a lot working in the company full of active people. i learned that time keeping and productivity is the most important key to a successful outcome when it comes to business.
Pros
incentives and free lunches
3,0
Stressful but fun working environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal29 January 2018
It was good working here under pressure, gained some good experience from this job. Helped deal with stressful situations dealing with frustrated customers. Overall it was a fun working environment among the employees.
Pros
Employee discounts
Excellent start
Sales lady and a Stock controller (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Western Cape25 January 2018
Was year back and as a student had to strive to earn a salary to assist my parents. The company gave me a solid to start my career.
my duties was as follows.
As a student focusing on customer satisfaction, assist to exchange garments and promoting new specials in store.
Perform cashier and packing duties.
Assist with month end stock take.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours on your feet
Prodictive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State24 January 2018
When there's sale obviose there's a lot to take in terms customers, management of stock and people, machandise must always be on point, when there's miss understandings, when reached the target
5,0
Displined workers,neat and excellent customer service
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southgate, Gauteng19 January 2018
Firstly after signing the contract with them they tell you the do' the dont's.No fighting, late coming and most of them all no absenteeism,don't steal
Pros
Employees birthday gifts
Cons
Festive pressure
retail associate (Current Employee) –  Tygervalley, Western Cape12 January 2018
Edgars Tygervalley may seem like an, secure safe productive business environment, to work for I am content with working in an store like Edgars Tygervalley, I grow customer service experience and I gain work place skills.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours