EDUCOR Employee Reviews

Productive and Alert
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 October 2018
*A typical day at work is if the systems shut down.
*A learned how to handle irate customers, customers come first whether they are right or wrong.
*management is at their top Form when its comes to Business, there is no time to play games strictly work related.
*Work Place Culture is good.
*The hardest part of the job is calming Ir-rated customers who are screaming and swearing you over the phone.
*the most enjoyable part of the job is reaching your target.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Working over time
2,0
Less productive
Food and Beverage Management Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal29 May 2018
There is need to improve on working conditions and employee welfare needs to improve. The management needs to pay more attention on the most important issues and need to understand the competitive environment the business operates. Management need to appreciate the staff
Poor working conditions
Academic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 February 2018
Educor Exploits their staff members. Staff members are expected to perform duties that are above their pay grade no room for growth within the organisation and management style is not so great either.
No medical aid, provident fund etc
Pros
Cons
abnormal working hours with no compensation
Exploiting staff
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Camps Bay, Western Cape16 January 2018
The company is not honest -threaten my life and that of my colleges for requesting payouts in terms of our contract with regards to commissions, profit share and notice period. Not a good place to work at unfortunately.

Their approach to business is not honest and many suppliers and customers are suffering because of this. Their values do not align with mine -hence my move.
Pros
Improving EBITA 26% year on year for a R 200 mil operation
Cons
Bulling management style
A lot of learning
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal25 May 2017
At Educor you get the chance to constantly earn, and in such a large company you have the chance to experience a lot more than in a small agency. It is a really a huge learning curb and a company that is great to have on you CV.
Pros
experience
Informative
Schools Marketer (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 March 2017
Very professional and strict work place. Dealing with clients takes someone who has a lot of experience with customer satisfaction. Educor prides itself with employing people with patience and a positive attitude.
Pros
Career Exhibitions
Exciting workplace
Academic Adviser (Current Employee) –  Durban10 November 2016
It has been a great experience with many opportunities. it has broadened my knowledge within the educational sector.

A day at work is simple as we contact students and assist them accordingly on a daily basis.

I have learnt a lot of procedures policies and how the other end of the education system works.

Management withing the centre has been great and very motivating.

Co-workers are all professional but at the same time grounded. At any point in time, help is available.

Calling a student multiple times and giving assistance which they do not want.

The atmosphere and content of what we are given is very informative and exciting to learn about.
Pros
Monthly function with lunch
Cons
Low salary
productive workplace
H R Manager Acting HR Director (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 September 2016
i enjoyed my duration of employment there. working hours were fair and suitable. environment is suitable. everybody at the company was helpful.
Pros
suitable working environment
interesting, challenging and cool
Tutor Coodinator - Technical School (Current Employee) –  Cape Town harbour, Western Cape15 August 2016
As for Me I am still new at this work from the 5th August up to date, cant complain yet , no comment much. in terms of the work I find it very interesting and challenging at the same time. One have to make sure you meet your own target as part of my work is to manage Tutors and to handle all Queries from students and their Lecturers and to administrate their works.

Hope to learn more around here. I find colleagues very cooperative, although cant say the same about others.
My priorities is to do my level best on daily bases, I am very professional and self motivated. I want to brake the record and be regarded as employee of the month or season.
Pros
support from executive management
Cons
cooporation between departments
4,0
I was a student advisor, at an inbound call centre, Intec College
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 January 2016
We had to take a certain number of calls everyday, that is how i adjusted to working under pressure, management was good, management looked very well after student advisors.
Pros
approved off days
Cons
overtime, unpaid
Smooth laid back environment
LAN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN13 November 2015
Its reasonably good to work here but I feel that the work I'm doing is not challenging as there seems to be now room to develop myself within the company. I would like some thing more exciting and more challenging where I would be able to develop my skills to better and greater heights.
Poor
Exams HelpDesk / Learner Relationship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC8 September 2015
Very Poor working conditions overall, no growth potential, low salary, no increases, no bonus, no company medical or pension contribution. Currently retrenching
Pros
Can study
Great place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP9 October 2013
Educor was an excellent learning ground for skills that I would continue to use in all future positions
Pros
Excellent working environment
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town17 April 2013
A typical day at work would be where you have to reach your targets on how much enrollment forms you suppose to capture. I have learned that time management is very important and to do things the first time right. Management is very friendly and treat you as their equal. Co-workers were like family through the ups and downs. The hardest part of the job was the high volumes of work that had to be done before cut off date. The enjoyable part of the job was when we worked overtime, a straight 21hour shift till the next morning, after this we became close as a team.
Pros
i was chosen as miss valentine and managed the registrations filing room on my own.
Cons
cannot think of one.
hard working,great opp
sales & call centre manager (Current Employee) –  braamfontein johannesburg27 May 2012
Fine comp to work with but still needs a lot to get to number 1 educational brand in Sa.working day is from, 8am till 4.30pm mondays to fri,What I have learned is to be target driven, making targets, HOUR and self confidence.I am part of the management team with 22 sales staff under me.The hardest part of my job is to let people go and the best part is when we make targets on a monthly basis.
Pros
can furthur your studies
Cons
working enviroment