Educor Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal11 November 2019
Stressful and fast-paced with little to no generosity on salary wages. The pressure is time-consuming and the report structure is imbalanced. You do however learn a lot.
slow paced
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng2 October 2019
there is no staff retention, the company does not care about their employees well being.
there's a lot of changes on the ground and there a lack of communication and understanding of how the head office works with regards to their system
Pros
Cons
lack of resources
Creditors Clerk (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 September 2019
I have been working in the company for the past six year, learnt a lot. On the other hand no benefits, no growth, no salary increase. Day to day challenges are part of the journey.
Work environment
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal7 July 2019
I liked working as an academic advisor it's a good job for recent graduates stepping into the education industry. Operates Monday to Friday 8h00 -4h30
Pros
Closed on weekends
Cons
No benefits
Boring and much nepotism
International Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kwa Zulu Natal13 March 2019
As an ex Employee, the company is clueless about management styles! Top managers are mainly clueless about management and do not know how to manage across generations.A racist company that does not pay according to qualifications!
Once one learns the ropes- a typical day is boring with little or no guidance from top management. One is left very much to one's own devices and guidance, good some of the time but bad at other times.Management also trumps up charges against an individual amnd will get staff to falsely testify against you, so future employees beware of 'rats' in the organisation- there are many!
Younger employees will do anything to climb up the corporate ladder,even sell their souls or get fake qualifications online!
Pros
Salary is ontime
Cons
Boring!!!
workplace
Academic adviser (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal7 March 2019
I believe, it is up to each and every person to make his or her workplace an exciting place to be so it was fun but it was not challenging. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping students to understand civil engineering subjects.
5,0
Fast-paced, productive and vibrant.
Graphic designer (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal6 March 2019
Educor is an amazing company to work for. We are treated respectfully and fair. There are growth opportunities and much to learn. The marketing team is always ready to help one another, the team is very supportive to one another. Theres always a helping hand if needed, professionally and even personally. Its a great team to be part of and the work produced is of an exceptionally high standard across various platforms (print, digital, videography)
Pros
N/a
fun workplace
Senior Multi Channel Designer (Current Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal1 March 2019
A typical . day has a large amount of work flow that includes season campaigns.

We work as teams to meet deadlines and support each other in individual tasks if one is swamped.

I've been exposed to web design and motion graphics

I enjoy developing new look and feels for the following year, in which we throw ideas around during a brainstorm session.

The most challenging thing is having a-lot of job bags with impossible deadlines.
Pros
great exposure
Cons
heavy workload
Impacted
Collections Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZA25 February 2019
Educor was my first working opportunity that was given to me.
I grateful for the many skills and opportunities that have come with the job at hand.Working in the education sector is FUN!
4,0
I really enjoyed my job as academic adviser
Academic advisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 February 2019
A typical day at work: I would make welcome and assessment calls to students who are studying a diploma in grade R teaching. I would advise them on their studies such as planning for the year, assignment questions, module content and also reminding them of important dates coming up.

What you learned: I learned to engage and build better relationships with students and work collegues. I also learned how to use different systems such as LMS (learning managament sytem) and CRM (customs relations management).

Management: I got on very well with mangement.

Work place culture: I got along with everyone in the department.

The hardest part of my job: To contact all my students as I had 2600 students.

The most enjoyable part of my job: Engaging with my studnets and knowing that I have helped a student with their studies.
Pros
Constantly developing yourself
Cons
No Benefits
Sales consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal22 February 2019
Dirty company
Management is racist and prefers indians
Pressure given when working is not equal to the salary
Human resources favours the employer no matter what.
No growth
Sick company that you can ever work for
Pros
Cons
Unpaid weekend work
4,0
it is not a bad company
Senior Academic Adviser (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 December 2018
Educor is not a bad company i just need to grow and i feel like i can not do that here.yes there are changes happening but i just want to leave. nothing bad about that.
Productive and Alert
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 October 2018
*A typical day at work is if the systems shut down.
*A learned how to handle irate customers, customers come first whether they are right or wrong.
*management is at their top Form when its comes to Business, there is no time to play games strictly work related.
*Work Place Culture is good.
*The hardest part of the job is calming Ir-rated customers who are screaming and swearing you over the phone.
*the most enjoyable part of the job is reaching your target.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Working over time
good company
Academic Advisor (Business Faculty) (Current Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal28 August 2018
good organisational culture, good management styles and flexible method of operation. it is great learning about the educational sector, there is however very limited room for development, the positions is stagnant
Pros
good culture
Cons
low salary, long hour, s no benefits
Less productive
There is need to improve on working conditions and employee welfare needs to improve. The management needs to pay more attention on the most important issues and need to understand the competitive environment the business operates. Management need to appreciate the staff
Poor working conditions
Academic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 February 2018
Educor Exploits their staff members. Staff members are expected to perform duties that are above their pay grade no room for growth within the organisation and management style is not so great either.
No medical aid, provident fund etc
Pros
Cons
abnormal working hours with no compensation
Exploiting staff
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Camps Bay, Western Cape16 January 2018
The company is not honest -threaten my life and that of my colleges for requesting payouts in terms of our contract with regards to commissions, profit share and notice period. Not a good place to work at unfortunately.

Their approach to business is not honest and many suppliers and customers are suffering because of this. Their values do not align with mine -hence my move.
Pros
Improving EBITA 26% year on year for a R 200 mil operation
Cons
Bulling management style
Reactive
Group Head of Communications (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal6 January 2018
Each day at is filled with variety in terms of deliverables and deadlines. The day is packed with adrenaline and no two days are ever the same. I thoroughly enjoy the pace and my functions. The organisation however is reactive and staff will function better if there is better planning and a more proactive management style. The company does not offer benefits, and there is very little opportunity for growth, once you have reached a certain level.

The work I learned in the last five years could equate to 10 years of actual work. The culture of the marketing department is for staff to perform more than one role, which creates a challenge with work, life balance.

Love every day, but need to grow my career and a new opportunity will be awesome.
Pros
Opportunity to study free with any of the brands
Cons
Benefits, reactive management style
A lot of learning
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal25 May 2017
At Educor you get the chance to constantly earn, and in such a large company you have the chance to experience a lot more than in a small agency. It is a really a huge learning curb and a company that is great to have on you CV.
Pros
experience
2,0
Difficult place to work at
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal15 May 2017
Most days are hectic. expected to work after hours and no respect for colleagues. No room for progress or improvement. You must be a puppet who follows your Managers instructions or risk losing your job.

It has taken me three months to realise that this is not the right place for me as it does not allow you to use you brain.