Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Employee Reviews

enquiries clerk, Cash colection department
Experiential Learner (Former Employee) –  Tembisa, Gauteng25 September 2018
It was so exciting working with different people on a daily basis, because it increase my good communication and problem solving skills. during moth end it was so hectic because were dealing with pressure because of long ques of clients, these period of time help me a lot because it increase a skill of handling or working under pressure without any fustration.
Pros
30 minute luch
Cons
8 hours normal hours
great environment for career advancement
Town Planner intern (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng14 August 2018
best working environment, good working hours and community engagement, good salary scales, great place to learn for career advancement diverse environment with fields tasks
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Exciting and unpredictable
Divisional Head: Support Services (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng7 August 2018
The work was nice and challenging sometimes. It required me to be more innovative and strategic in management. I learned about policy formulation and implementation. I had the opportunity to interact with law makers and unionist which sharpened my stakeholder relations management. The workplace was unionised thus requiring diplomatic skills and careful people management. The most enjoyable part was strategy formulation for the Economic Development department and seeing its implementation by different divisions.
Pros
Exposure to law makers in the country
Cons
The job was far from home
Intern (Current Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng21 June 2018
They train interns to use the internet which is outlook, make copies,scan,sending e_mails,teammate,how to audit,(by planning,executing,draft report,final report),how to talk with clients.
Pros
Free lunch when we attend audit committee
Cons
They dont want us to take long hours during lunch time
Very productive
Administration Assistant (intern) (Former Employee) –  Gauteng14 June 2018
Determined and decisive- uses initiative to develop effective solutions to problems. Strong planning, orginising and monitoring abilities. Team worker
Pros
Active and dynamic approach to work and geeting things done, Good interpersonal skills and Determined, Flexible when working under pressure
Cons
My challenges is afrikans and Shivenda languages
Legislature Researcher (Current Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng30 May 2018
The Legislature was a good place to work in the research field. The Legislature research management was skilled.

I enjoyed the encouragement by management to pursue academics.
Pros
Academic environment
Cons
Politics
Junior Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  East Rand, Gauteng13 April 2018
I had a special time working here,kind people and easy to approach when having difficulties. I learned how to handle customers who had queries and sorting final notices and disconnections.
Cons
Normal hours
Fun and Friendly workplace
Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gauteng8 March 2018
My typical day at work starts with making my boss tea from, then on I read the secretary's emails and prepare for the day.
What I have learnt at Ekurhuleni was how to verify the staff, checking peoples addresses on the Venus system and compiling the Divisional Heads performance files, part of my job is assisting the other managers plus the Divisional Head with their day to day work.
The hardest part of my job is when collecting files for the Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan (SDBIP) every quarter. The best part about what I do is I get to help the community, it might not be directly but it's still helping be it that little piece of information or referring their cases the mere fact that I can help someone just makes my day that much better.
Government employer and good work culture and great salary
Creditors Clerk/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng4 March 2018
A professional environment with a lot of room for growth and opportunities available to grow within the organization. A great open office plan for teamwork and necessary competition
Pros
Great work culture, great salary
Cons
It was a contract assignment
no Development
Internship (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng27 February 2018
I managed to get myself developed through asking people to teach me things but otherwise the department itself doesnt have a plan or a driving vision for its interns and it is very sad
Pros
No development
Cons
has some good employees
Productive and Informative
Primary Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Brakpan5 February 2018
Start work at 07:30,clinic already full of patients with different problems. Learnt to be patient, attentive, meticulous and firm with patients and colleagues.Was able to work independently and provide expert advice on different issues/illnesses patients faced. I enjoyed learning new things and solving patient problems,that part of the job was also the hardest as I sometimes dealt with difficult patients. Overall it was a good place to work at and very informative.
Pros
Gaining extensive knowledge, Housing subsidy and uniform
Cons
Shortage of staff and sometimes running out of medication
productive and fun workplace
HIV/AIDS Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng18 January 2018
Helping people and accept their conditions so that they cannot end their lives with the illness, they can take their medicine with right times.eat healthy food
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Interactive and Network enabled place of work
Cashier Intern (Former Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng17 January 2018
It's an 08:00 to 16:30 day of work As an Admin Clerk typically we solve client problems and attend to their complaints.
Assisst them with their accounts and Municipal services related queries.

As a cashier I processed payments of accounts and those of intallations of meters, hiring of halls etc.
Payment methods were Cash, Cheque, Bank Cards and Direct Banking.

The management is effcient as they assist with client complaints and employee grieviances.
Pros
Free, lunches and internet access, before and afterworking hours forjob applications and seeking
Cons
Long hours and an optional overtime for permanent employees
Productive and fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nigel. Kempton park. Boksburg23 November 2017
This place is a nice place to work at , you learn every day a new thing and the pressure is manageable. From the 15th of every month that's were the pressure start I'm terms of my collection target per month
Pros
Productive and fun place to work at
Cons
30 minutes
Highly infrustructered
general worker (Current Employee) –  Gauteng16 November 2017
Following the instructions given by supervisor is a culture, working hours, healthy strategic services to the company,safety is the most important, benefits
Pros
Fun day
Cons
Early knock off
my experience
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Ekurhuleni, Gauteng6 November 2017
EMM was a great employer , sad to say the fact is that the afermative action took over from the realistic challenges. Experience and the knowledge did not matter with the result that various people were appointed in the wrong positions with the detriment of it's inhabits . Very skill full people were and are sitting doing nothing and waiting for retirement but no one from the top and down wards will acknowledge it. Let me put it clear , there was and were good affermative appointments made but it was the exceptunal of the rule.
Pros
good employer
Cons
affermative action is killing EMM'S reputation as a service provider
Asset management review
Chief Accountant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng15 October 2017
Normal office set up, Management allow freedom of expression. Staff work hard and all work are normally done on time. The hardest part of Asset management, is to get the support from other department and staff members to support the asset programs. The most enjoyable part, is the fact that the "full cycle" of and asset is experienced. At asset management we are involved from the Procurement stage op to the Auction and disposal of the Asset.
Pros
Work satisfaction
Cons
Lack of support from other Departments in organisation
a good place to work in with funny environment funny people
Senior Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng7 September 2017
I recommend this place as a good place to work in because it got benefits eg 13th cheque,medical aid and housing subsidy and car allowance to other recommended people
Cons
Experiential and a fun working environment
Property & Advisory Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Brakpan, Johannesburg, Gauteng31 August 2017
Being a Property & Portfolio Advisory Intern is more of being an administrator officer. I have learnt how to compile reports of the proposed granting of rights to use, or permanent disposal of property and also the steps and procedures to follow thereof.
Property & Portfolio Advisory Services Division focuses mainly on procedural and management framework for leasing/permanent disposal of all municipally owned real estates assets. Moreover, the division also enables lease transactions and leases processed in a legislatively compliant yet efficient manner.
The management is not too tight, yet very competent and I would say I like that because it gets the job done.
The hardest part of the job is wait on internal departments for their comments on the intended use of the erven. This becomes a challenge because I cannot complete my final report without receiving all comments from the internal departments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to compile a report (drafted item) and then circulate it to internal departments.
Pros
telephone minutes, and the internet usage
Cons
Stipend for interns
Semi government.
Movable asset Management (Current Employee) –  Finance Head Office23 August 2017
Ekurhuleni is a workplace with a stable environment. It's staff members are mostly committed and hardworking. Ekurhuleni is a City that cares for it residents.