Engen

Engen Employee Reviews

Stable environment
Petty Cashier (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West31 January 2020
Productive,Safety and Security a huge roll in Engen,.
Workplace is good, offices are user friendly, resources are in place, overall a very stable and good Company to work for
Pros
Monthly braais for staff
Cons
Working shifts
fun company to work for
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State26 January 2020
Engen looks well after its employees, benefits they are offering as well as the work culture, managers have open door policy especially commercial department. in overall a very good company to work for.
5,0
Best company to work for
Heavy duty driver/Delivery Controler (Current Employee) –  Western Cape18 January 2020
When go for and interview,just be yourself. Engen is also a multi ratio company,we dont look at the colour of your skin. if you can focus, be yourself and do the job to the best of your ability, then success will be going a long way for you
2,0
Productive and challenging sometimes
Petrol attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Frere, Eastern Cape17 January 2020
I didn't enjoy where I was working,we were being payeed by envelope and I didn't know how much I rated per hour so,that resulted to my salary to be going up and down.The manager is misusing people's money and the site is very dirty it needs to be renovated.
5,0
Working at Engen was fun and helpful to me and my family...dispite the management mistreat we had
Till Operator (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng12 January 2020
Everything was fine,we worked very hard day and night...some of the management mistreat others they make favours for other...some days are fun i have learn to be mo dependent.
5,0
Nice company to work for
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 December 2019
Very diversified working environment.
The company encourages collaboration
Assistance and mentoring is provided
Excellence is also awarded
Customers centric environment
3,0
Great company and Staff
Learnership (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 December 2019
They are very diverse and the building is nice.
But not very suitable to people on wheelchair or crutches.
Although they are inclusive, they are not really good in on the job training for their learnerships
4,0
The Culture has changed from what it was as it was a homey environment but it has become more cold
SAP Portfolio Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 December 2019
To be honest writing this review now after having left I would say that there is so much truth to the saying, "You don't know what you had until you have to miss it." I do miss it, but the culture was changing yet I more than most miss the people I worked with than the environment as we had formed lasting bonds and going to the office was like visiting family.

Engen has a great work ethic and no day is ever the same so despite you having the same work to do the daily challenges are always different and the team was a productive matured team which made a huge difference. The team has since been broken up as the company was restructured and this brought with it moral issues which is why I left. It was time for change for me having been there for almost 15years of which 11 was permanent.

Would I recommend ENGEN as a place to work? Heck YES!
3,0
AA made it difficult to work.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 December 2019
I worked without supervision and was mostly on the road covering the Western Cape. I managed 73 Engen sites with 45 Quick Shops, 10 Fast Foods and 3 Woolworths stores. I had to ensure that dealers complied to Engen branding and standards. I did training, presentations and meetings with dealers and their staff. I won many national and regional accolades over the years due to good management of my areas and service stations. Dealers had and still do have respect for me.
Results Driven and Fair
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 December 2019
Excellent Company to work for with a market related salary and fantastic culture. Management are approachable and they give the employee opportunities to develop in their jobs and personally.
5,0
Good
cashier (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal2 December 2019
I am well open to everyone, enjoy working with people.
Always willing to learn and grow in life.
Good castomer service and respect to other people....
1,0
Not applicable
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng22 November 2019
Engen Petroleum is a South African oil company focusing on the downstream refined petroleum products market and related businesses. The company’s core functions are the refining of crude oil, the marketing of primary refined petroleum products and the provision of convenience services via an extensive retail network.
5,0
Working at Engen is a great experience
HSEQ Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 November 2019
It is a privilege to work at Engen as you are not only expected to deliver and meet deadlines but also you get an opportunity to work with diverse team of workers coming from different backgrounds and ethnical groups.
Good experiences
Manager (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng9 November 2019
Had a good time at the company met alot of people . Was abit stressful and security will always be an issue . Overall it was a new learning curve for me .
5,0
Productive and allways learning new things
cashier (Former Employee) –  Soweto, Gauteng6 November 2019
It was fun working at engen we learned how to treat a Customer and feeling with difficult customers ,I also learned how to fiil up cars like I learned how to be an attendant I also learned to do merchandise
1,0
Salaries and Benefits are excellent
IT (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 October 2019
Excellent brand. I will always be loyal to the brand but would not even consider working there again. As a Non-EE employee there is no growth opportunities after the restructuring.
Great team work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal31 October 2019
Great management team,giving youngsters a chance to grow and succeed in the company,on the job training are provided and encouraged.

Engen is also involved in social responsibilities by providing health care workers at different national truck stops to monitor conditions like diabetes and other conditions to the truck drivers on the road.
5,0
Great company to work at
Petrol Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humansdorp, Eastern Cape30 September 2019
The company is like your second home so it is a good place to start working at as a young man / lady great opportunity to grow and its also a good place if you are looking for a a place to retire at not to much pressure so it is good for you older work man /women also
Love working at Engen
Baker/cashier (Former Employee) –  Sea Point, Western Cape22 September 2019
Engen is my first home. I spent most of time working at Engen since 2011.love e Dynamic steps. Its teachings of how to handle customers as efficiency as possible
Enjoyed the experience
Assistant stor lady (Current Employee) –  South Africa17 September 2019
I wish the contract would not end but unfortunately all things come to an end.Thank you to Enjen for giving me opportunity to be part of your team.It was a learning curve for me and I enjoyed it and hope to join you in future