Engen

Engen Employee Reviews for SAP Consultant

SAP Consultant2 reviews
South Africa2 reviews
4,0
The Culture has changed from what it was as it was a homey environment but it has become more cold
To be honest writing this review now after having left I would say that there is so much truth to the saying, "You don't know what you had until you have to miss it." I do miss it, but the culture was changing yet I more than most miss the people I worked with than the environment as we had formed lasting bonds and going to the office was like visiting family.

Engen has a great work ethic and no day is ever the same so despite you having the same work to do the daily challenges are always different and the team was a productive matured team which made a huge difference. The team has since been broken up as the company was restructured and this brought with it moral issues which is why I left. It was time for change for me having been there for almost 15years of which 11 was permanent.

Would I recommend ENGEN as a place to work? Heck YES!
4,0
The workplace is really nice to work in. Team was very close and productive.
My typical day would start with me checking if all batch jobs executed successfully overnight. I would check for new system requests. I would arrange meetings with business to discuss any system changes. I would check on the status of various developments. I became a better person of how to work with 'difficult' team members. As we heard that the company may be bought soon, there was a lack of transparency from management on this issue. My co-workers were a fine people who are dedicated to work ethic always willing to ask and share information. The hardest part of my job was when I implemented SAP Performance Management system as there was no company that had yet implemented the system in Cape Town. The company wanted a lot of customization of the system to meet company specific requirements. I enjoyed team building exercises, they were fun. I enjoyed working with NAKISA software company in Canada. They are a good lot to work with even I had to arrange meetings with them late in the evenings.
Pros
Given more freedom to explore alternative solutions to problems, mimimum supervision
Cons
Work long hours sometimes