Eskom Holdings Limited

Eskom Holdings Limited Employee Reviews

Found 1 175 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Eskom has been a great part of my journey, my very first job was with them and I have been happy ever since. However it is time to venture into other companies and hopefully other work experiences (Sales).
5,0
Eskom is a very good company especially generation
At Eskom Generation people they have ubuntu and company enthics. Protective maintenance and quality is the key at Eskom. I do not have much to say about they management part. If the lights is not on meaning load shedding that's hardest part. To have the opportunity to work on Scheduled maintenance (Outages) is the enjoyable part cause you get to overhaul the whole plant you learn every dfrfromfrth
5,0
I really enjoyed my time with the company
I've gained a lot of experience, great career opportunities. Wonderful in-house training and company has bursary opportunities for employees whereby it pays 100% fees. Great environment
5,0
Good
Good company to work for.
Might have it's problems, but what company don't.

I enjoyed working there.

Excellent at training worker.

The safety rules are everything at eskom.
Productive workplace
It was a great experience I learned new skills and I also got a training for few instruments .They also gave me an opportunity to go and do interlaboratory of which it was very beneficial to me .
5,0
wellcaming and nice good job
i will like to work with eskom again it was nice to work with eskom i enjoyed to work under a such good safety caluter they was no preure in workplace. we were working as a team and discus ans solve work problem.
fun work place
I was in customer service so this is a daily interaction with customers on the phone and walk in customers.
During those years I have gained intense customer service experience.

Management was ok and very helpful with refresher training curses as well as hands on type of managing.

The working environment was good and with the right tools for the job.

Working the front desk is the hardest job having to deal with upset customers face to face some are understanding but some are not so nice using inappropriate language and the back office was the most enjoyable job that's where I basically sat on the computer to resolve some account queries etc.
Pros
Cons
most of the times
3,0
Eskom is a great company to work for with great benefits and culture tge only issue is that some people get put in wrong positions.
Be ready to hit the ground running its very exciting and challenging to work for Eskom but if you are driven and looking to make a difference then this is the place to be, all projects are very complex but with the skill sets of the employees nothing can go wrong, this is a family unit.
Happy workplace environment
It is a good company to work for. The staff and the management make it a happy workplace environment. I have learnt so much form the company including time management, discipline, culture and morals. Working at the
Lab is the most exciting part for me because that is where I gain most my insights and knowledge in chemistry. Truly speaking I have never experienced any difficulties with the job because we work as a team and my teammates are the best.
Changes over the years
Eskom is a good company to work for. You get to.meet different customers internally and outside all these need to be addressed and attended to.meet customer satisfaction
3,0
Good
Work culture is good and there is possibility of growth. Opportunities to stomudy further in your chosen field are there. Currently job security is shaky.
Boardroom planning sessions
Daily routine planning is excellent.
Team work culture is excellent.

Problem solving skills improvement.

Encountering new challenges everyday was exciting.

Support form superiors was also good.
Fun place to work at
I really enjoyed my time at Eskom. The people are really caring and there is a great opportunity for growth. I had an opportunity to travel across the country to work on some of the most interesting engineering projects. They also have a very well structured program that they use to train their interns and there is a whole spectrum of engineering undertakings that they expose you to. You can then make a choice based on what interests you the most.
Poor management
I have learnt to work under pressure and respect time.The experience that I have acquired at Eskom I want to share that with the next company.Management is very poor and salaries are never reviewed.
Doing my job perfectly and accurately made me a better person.
1,0
Company is not in a good state as is for what a nuclear power station should be. theft and corruption has demoralized people in the work force. making it an unhappy workplace
5,0
Good company to work with them
Safety first on everything, Apply all the rules. Provision on PPE , provision on the materials, work according to standards and procedure & drive safe.
Best place to work
Eskom is a great place to work. The problem is the political interference when appointing CEO and the board of directors. Eskom is still revivable with the right senior management.
5,0
I have learned a lot since being part of Eskom Holdings, commitement its a tool at Eskom.
Management is vey professional and they work very good with their employees a very good communication amongst.

The hardest part of being part Eskom is that you have to limit your self with social life because it needs more focused and dedicated person.
Pros
packages
Relaxed work environment
Sometimes we stayed more than a week without going to site.
I learned more about the substation layouts and energy flow from generating stations to distribution networks. Learned how to understand technical drawings
family friendly
the company is very friendly and the staff members are accommodating. i felt at home being part of the company and i gained a lot of experience while at the company.
3,0
Loyalty of employees and good benefits.
New and improved systems to do HR initiatives better, due to 80% of employees working off-site, improved methods of conducting meetings, performance reviews.
The real partnering concept to add-value to the business by providing advice and understanding the core business.
Pros
Good non-monetary benefits
Cons
Lot of travelling to different sites
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eskom Holdings Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 1 214 reviews