Expeditors Employee Reviews

5,0
The best Company I have ever worked for!!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town South Africa27 September 2018
I loved this job.
Leading the team on getting good sustainable accounts that were profitable. Its the 80/20 rule. 20% or less of your customers can give you 80% of your revenue.!
Targets for me were the retailers in Cape Town. Some had been with their Logistics agents forever and they were in a rut. Expeditors had the most incredible tools to change that forever. Getting out there and talking to the decision makers, setting up meetings with the big guns was so exciting. Why? Because I knew we could deliver as a company. Best time of my life in 29 years of Sales and Marketing for Logistics and Supply Chain. I knew these retailers for years but now I had something I knew they couldn't refuse. Especially if they had the interests of their own company's bottom line at heart. It was no hardship at all to work 10 hours a day for this company. The rewards were fantastic.
Hardest part of the job was convincing my boss to employ more people so we could handle the volume of business about to hit us.!!!
Those customers we got on board are still there today.
Pros
Brilliant support from Management at that time and brilliant training
Cons
not enough hours in a day
5,0
Customs Administration Support (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, kempton park23 May 2018
Working as warehouse distribution for almost 3years and promoted to Import warehouse and export warehouse controller for 2years and it was great to learn every moments in warehouse and moved to Brokerage department for Customs administration support and it was greater to work with SARS represented.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Long hours 8 - 5
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng6 February 2018
I gained an invaluable experience in inventory,picking,and using the scanner.That was my first experience in the logistic sector and enjoyed every moment thereof.If i could be given the second chance i will add more value into the success of the company.
Pros
Atmosphere was cunducive
Cons
Normal working hours
2,0
Administration
Ocean Import - Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal1 August 2017
Working for Expeditors gave me an opportunity to understand logistics as it is a Global logistics company.
Highlight was definitely the culture that is entrenched within the organization. I just didn't enjoy the working hours (8am to 5pm) and the Salary.
Pros
Organizational culture
Cons
Long working hours
2,0
freights clerk
Distribution controller (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 April 2017
It has been a very overwhelming experience working at sag or. I was given opportunity to climb and equipped myself. It was a great pleasure spending my few years with them.
Pros
outing
3,0
stable secure company to work for
CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  johannesburg and durban5 March 2016
stable secure company to work for.
strict environment
has its pros and cons
friendly people
intensive training
great team
3,0
They believe in perosonal development and retaining staff
Inhouse Customer Services and Warehouse Personnel (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 January 2016
Communication is key at the company, although the execution of things is dependent on the individual whom which you communicate with.
Attitude is also key - if you posses a 'can do' and 'willing to ' attitude, you are what the company is looking for.
Even with that, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll reach your goal, but it will secure your job.

The hardest part of the job, is not having the necessary backup from management when needed. This has led me to go up above people's heads to be able to get assistance - which creates unfavourable work relationships. So in a way, one's willpower and ability to execute duties is tested. This does not necessarily go noticed as efforts to try and keep the business going, but is recognized as threats - thus managers not appraising their subordinates.

I have however learnt that if I do want something to be done the right way, I should be diplomatic, tactful and firm when undertaking my duties. I've also learned to take things on my own, and go with them - thus making decisions but at the same time ensuring that no one is harmed in the process, the business is secured and my employer is happy with the outcome.
Pros
If you require additional training, you have the opportunity to ask for it.
Cons
Sacrifices, at times you make personal sacrifices to benefit the company, but these may hamper one's personal life.
Typical day
Ocean Export and Order Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN27 January 2015
A typical day starts from handling customer complaints, to signing on new accounts. Handling a new customer. I have learned a lot over the many years, knowledge that I am willing to share with others. Management is very supportive of issues, concerns and very open to new ideas. The hardest part of the job is being very diligent when following company policies and procedures, dropping the ball can result in serious trouble for yourself. I love interacting with my customers chit chatting with them through out the day. Co workers are easy to work with, each one gets one with the job, each person has a task to complete and completes, if you need assistance they are willing to assist.
Ocean Imports Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN3 November 2014
Business driven establishment with goals laid out.
Training is compulsory but there is little room to grow.
5,0
Great place to learn and grow in the industry
DSE (Current Employee) –  Cape Town21 March 2013
Key focus on understanding companies. Longer sales life cycle.
Great OPS team.
Hard part of any job is to keep motivated in hard times.
Pros
great processes and job aids
Cons
one way, the companies way. no creativity.
5,0
Productive Place to work in. The Knowledge gained cannot be lost.
Customs Broker (Current Employee) –  Pomona Road, Johannesburg28 February 2013
The work day is very busy everyday. I have learnt alot at this company the people here are very helpful and have taught me alot. Management is great and very supportive, very goal driven and want the best for the company as well as their staff. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Lots of Culture and Values in this company. Hardest part of my job is to Remember Tariffs as there are millions to remember but i have learnt alot. I enjoy every part of my job.
Pros
free lunches friday before payday. awesome.
Cons
long hours most days and work weekends. i need a family life as well.