EY Employee Reviews

Found 144 reviews matching the search See all 6 901 reviews
Great working at EY
Asset Verifier (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape8 November 2019
EY is a great place to work at and is a friendly environment and even the managerial staff is work efficiently and liaise well with all employees of the company.
Productive fun work place
Junior SCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape5 November 2019
I would work there given a chance to do it again, there is a quite a lot to learn about the vast changing accounting world and EY exposure give you business confidence.
Good Learning environment
SAICA Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 October 2019
The deadlines can get tough, but you always walk away with new knowledge and experience after every audit.

Busy season is pretty tough with long hours and tough deadlines, but things usually calm down after May.

I personally had a good work-life balance.
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 October 2019
I spent most of my time at the client’s vicinity instead of the company’s quarters however my coworkers were accommodating and polite. It was a good experience.
Exxellent exposure to auditing
Internal Auditor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng12 September 2019
I was was exposed to auditing public sector ,Government departments , Banking sector . It was more rewarding working in Home affairs projects . Management were excellent and hands-on
2,0
Thick company policies
Procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 July 2019
Transparency, only exists between top management
Goal posts are moved on a regular basis. You are only a number, sexist very low salary bands. A lot of exclusive clicks
5,0
Best place for career development
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 March 2019
EY offers growth opportunities for all, if one is willing to spread their wings. There is inclusiveness and the work place encourages team work. EY is the employer of choice
Pros
career growth
5,0
Client servicing Executive (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, ZA22 January 2019
The work culture at EY is very excellent. Got the opportunity to work with people from very diverse backgrounds and I thoroughly enjoyed this aspect of the my time at EY.
Pros
Team
work
IT Manager / Onsite Support (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, ZA20 January 2019
Flexible working hours
Good place to work at
i can recommend it to someone
Great place place for learning
Flexibility of managing and planning your own work
Very educational
Employers as a Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 November 2018
I had to dress very smart every day due to wearing a uniform. I learn how to do procument, work on my own, think outside the box. I loved working in the coporate enviroment.
Pros
Social functions was very nice because you had the opportunity to interact with staff
Cons
Difficult Manager
Trainee Consultant
Junior Consultant, Performance Improvement (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng11 November 2018
Working on the branch line strategy. Telephonic interviews and calls.
Learned about the history of railways, potential for the future and what must be done to revive.
Management was amazing, very supportive.
Culture was great, everyone came from different disciples so It just worked out. Attended training's
Hardest part was that I was my first job so had to adjust from varsity to work but it was a great transition.
Enjoyable part was training and travelling for meetings
Pros
travelling and training
Cons
travelling without a car
Good work environment
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 November 2018
Great place to work.

Management gives you the space to manage your workload.

EY is an organisation that gives you the chance to have a proper work/life balance.
Pros
Flexi Hours
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Great culture and people to work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 October 2018
My current employee has a great culture of learning and development. There's opportunities to work with talented people who you can learn from.

The open door policy helps with having direct interaction with management and higher level management.
Great Culture
Great learning experience
Global firm you get global exposure
Very focused workplace, pressured environment.
Sometimes it was challenging to work for an audit firm when you are in a different field. Level of being understood lacked.
Pros
Growth and exposure
Cons
Long hours and internal recognition
Productive and fun workplace
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 July 2018
EY is one of the best place to work at, EY is very has a very welcoming culture that makes everyone comfortable.
I have learned a lot on IFRS, GRAP and IAS, basically Financial reporting and audit of financial information and non- financial information.
The hardest part of the job is working long hours, it is not so hard as the job is enjoyable
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 July 2018
Come find out yourself. It is a big organisation, in many countries across Africa and America.

Offers:
Advisory services
Tax services
Assurance services
Amazing experience
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  New york25 July 2018
Many hours of hard work and being rewarded for that work. Typical working hours were between 9am and 10pm during busy season and 9 hour days off season. Global tools and partners and very organised company allowed very effective work.
Accounting Firm
Fixed Assets Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houghton, Gauteng10 July 2018
I really enjoyed my ime at EY, i learnt alot and gained so much knowledge. I was under good management and there i learnt my strength and weaknesses in the corporate world.
Pros
Good learning experience
4,0
Professional and market focused professional service firm.
Senior Manager - CFO and PI Advisory (Former Employee) –  ZA17 June 2018
Great environment for teaming that supports personal development and learning. An organization that remains relevant with latest service offerings and understanding of the market and what is topical. High degree of autonomy and respect for its employees.
1,0
Lack of leadership at KZN office.
Resource Planner (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 June 2018
Lack of leadership at KZN office. As an Auditing Practice, Management ethics were often questionable. As a result of poor Management, staff turnover was steadily increasing.
Pros
wealth of business knowledge and intelligence within the Audit business.
Cons
High staff turnover