EY Employee Reviews

Found 134 reviews matching the search See all 6 039 reviews
work
IT Manager / Onsite Support (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, ZA20 January 2019
Flexible working hours
Good place to work at
i can recommend it to someone
Great place place for learning
Flexibility of managing and planning your own work
Very educational
Employers as a Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 November 2018
I had to dress very smart every day due to wearing a uniform. I learn how to do procument, work on my own, think outside the box. I loved working in the coporate enviroment.
Pros
Social functions was very nice because you had the opportunity to interact with staff
Cons
Difficult Manager
Good work environment
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 November 2018
Great place to work.

Management gives you the space to manage your workload.

EY is an organisation that gives you the chance to have a proper work/life balance.
Pros
Flexi Hours
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Great culture and people to work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 October 2018
My current employee has a great culture of learning and development. There's opportunities to work with talented people who you can learn from.

The open door policy helps with having direct interaction with management and higher level management.
Great Culture
Marketing Communication and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 August 2018
Great learning experience
Global firm you get global exposure
Very focused workplace, pressured environment.
Sometimes it was challenging to work for an audit firm when you are in a different field. Level of being understood lacked.
Pros
Growth and exposure
Cons
Long hours and internal recognition
Productive and fun workplace
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 July 2018
EY is one of the best place to work at, EY is very has a very welcoming culture that makes everyone comfortable.
I have learned a lot on IFRS, GRAP and IAS, basically Financial reporting and audit of financial information and non- financial information.
The hardest part of the job is working long hours, it is not so hard as the job is enjoyable
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 July 2018
Come find out yourself. It is a big organisation, in many countries across Africa and America.

Offers:
Advisory services
Tax services
Assurance services
Amazing experience
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  New york25 July 2018
Many hours of hard work and being rewarded for that work. Typical working hours were between 9am and 10pm during busy season and 9 hour days off season. Global tools and partners and very organised company allowed very effective work.
Accounting Firm
Fixed Assets Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houghton, Gauteng10 July 2018
I really enjoyed my ime at EY, i learnt alot and gained so much knowledge. I was under good management and there i learnt my strength and weaknesses in the corporate world.
Pros
Good learning experience
4,0
Professional and market focused professional service firm.
Senior Manager - CFO and PI Advisory (Former Employee) –  ZA17 June 2018
Great environment for teaming that supports personal development and learning. An organization that remains relevant with latest service offerings and understanding of the market and what is topical. High degree of autonomy and respect for its employees.
Fun workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 May 2018
Preparation of financial statements and tax returns. The hardest part of the job is working out of town but you get subsistence allowance that is what I like about working out of town
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Work, work, and work
Professional and driven
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  ZA29 April 2018
I enjoyed working at the firm because of its focus on the development of its people and team culture. I was constantly challenged to improve, both professionally and personally and feel that I was well recognised for my contributions - even at a junior level
Productive work place
SAIPA Trainee (Current Employee) –  Free State10 April 2018
I learned a lot of things and the working environment is very friendly, however one needs to balance work and personal life. I have learned how to work under pressure and still deliver the work in time. I really enjoyed my job because you are exposed to many things and many clients.
Pros
Team lunches and team buildings
Cons
Working at home all year long
Fun workplace
Asset Verifier (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape10 April 2018
Enjoyed being part of the asset team at Enerst & Young East London.

I was hired for two months on the project for Department of Education in Eastern Cape province, as we were travelling across the province the support from the project manager was excellence and the team was vibrant and fun to work with.

I contributed well on the team as I'm a team player who is deadline driven and understand the common goal which is job well done the first time or with limited edits.
4,0
Technical and productive legislative environment
Senior Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Msunduzi, KwaZulu-Natal9 March 2018
Worked with various consultants that had different skills and able to draw and develop from these. Quite involved in training and human capital development
Pros
Highly stimulating
Cons
Training of client staff that didnt have the basic skills
Good place to work at
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng28 February 2018
Work life balance is well and working culture is excellent. Management is excellent. There are travelling requirements depending on where the client is located.
Pros
Team lunches
Very professional
Associate in the Finance Hub (Former Employee) –  Sandton26 February 2018
Assist the consultants with invoicing etc
Was able to learn something different every day
Best part was assisting consultants
Difficult when systems were down and it affected consultants negatively
Pros
Professional, good systems
Cons
Some training we had to attend wasn't relevant and very time consuming
Productive and supportive environement
Robotics Process Automation Developer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa21 February 2018
Build trust with your managers and you'll be rewarded flexible working hours and working environment. Numerous opportunities to grow your skills and network with professionals across multiple industries
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No incentives
Professional and fun
Personal Assistant: Assurance Partners (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 February 2018
I loved working at Ernst & Young, They are so professional but at the same time a fun place to spend 8 to 10 hours a day. They are progressive, open and transparent and cared about their staff.
Pros
Lovely working environment, excellent benefits
Cons
Sometimes when there are deadlines to meet
5,0
Great place to learn and Grow
Talent HR administrator (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng17 February 2018
EY has given me an opportunity to learn, Grow and it has also help me understand about the cooperate world.
EY Gave me an opportunity to interact with people who were at different positions within the same department , these interactions increased my understanding and gave me self-confidence

The most important thing I can take away from my internship at EY :
A greater sense of professionalism,Team work and Independence

overall I’ve been satisfied with my job, being able to work with all kinds of people and one of the lessons that I learnt from my work experience is -Gracefully admit your mistake and Ask for others opinion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 6 039 reviews