Factorie Employee Reviews

5,0
Fun
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Pretoria West, Gauteng4 January 2019
the energy at the workplace was amazing and my colleagues were very kind as well. it is a lovely free-spirited place and i would love to work there again, my time there was very brief
4,0
great company, rewards and benefits, room for growth but not enough time for family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape1 August 2018
open store, call RM to report figures and day plan of action.

Early morning meeting with the team

Unpacking of stock, stock counts and stationery ordering

Push sales, hourly sales reading and report every 2 hours from 12 pm till 7 pm.

House keeping and daily figures compilling

Cash up, end of day meeting and close the store.
Pros
50% discount on clothes across all brands, paid maternity leave, yearly leave, anual wage increase, providant fund and medical aid.
Cons
long hours, even longer over festive season.
4,0
Relaxed work place with easy going staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng6 February 2018
Working for the short time I did at Factorie was great! I started just before Christmas on a temporary contract and at once got stuck in the world of retail. I went through a day of training and met the other new recruits we bonded quickly and became friends. A typical day included greeting customers, offering help to anyone that needed it, managing the tills or the changing rooms, unpacking new stock and sorting/hanging everything, making sure the clothes on the rails were in size order, cleaning the shop at the end of the day. I learned what it as like to work in a retail environment and gained valuable life experience. Management changed shortly after I started and both managers were great. They both knew what they were doing and were very good at leading. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy, it was very slow paced even during the busiest times of day, also you spent all day on your feet so they would get quite tired. The most enjoyable part was definitely the discount we received.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, Slow paced
fun environment
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng11 January 2018
not enough growth,not enough development for growth. management was not willing to relocate me to a store closer to my home. never had enough staff. had a large store with only two or three people at a time so stock loss was an issue
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no growth
everyday work
STORE MANAGER FLAGSHIP (Former Employee) –  eastgate14 November 2017
the culture of the brand was fun and friendly, with a lot of hard work and discipline required in order that one can be the most productive team leader they can be. an ordinary day would start with a morning meeting briefing the team on budgets, how we did the day before and what we are tracking for the week and the month, coming up with strategies to make and beat budgets but also to create a world class customer experience. Then the team will be zoned around the store for floor coverage and customer service. As the team leader I will give directives for each team member in their zones, creating a culture of responsibility and personal achievement. Every few hours I would turn up the volume so that the team and I start dancing like know one is watching. The average day included stock replen and placements, visual merchandising, stock counts, tracking best sellers and communicating on whats selling and whats not. Also taking initiative to ask for more stock on the best sellers or changing visual layouts as per the weather of the best sellers.
Pros
team leaders didnt work sundays and mondays also public holidays
Cons
short staffed
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 November 2017
Working at Factorie as a casual is quite simple. During the festive season it does get busy. The managers are friendly and understanding, and the workplace culture is welcoming as the staff are friendly. The hardest part of retail is that you may not sit down at work.
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
Odd Hours
4,0
Fun to work at, the culture of the company is channeled through from management to customers
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape4 April 2017
It would be a great idea to allocate bonuses and more incentives on the operational side. Operations deal with and know customer very well. It would also be ideal if previously best selling stock could be ordered and the software currently used be upgraded
Pros
Uniform deals and discounts
Cons
Long working hours for better pay
5,0
Working at factorie is a fast paced retail clothing company as its clothing is in such high demand.
Store manager (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape16 January 2017
A typical day at work means drawing up a plan and having a morning meeting with staff in on that particular day. With running a business you always need to know your figures and make sure that your staff know too. This is important as this is the starting point of achieving budgets/targets,on a day id break down the sales target for that particular day according to number of hours of the working day and what we'd like to achieve hourly. Ive learnt that you have to communicate with staff and set them in the right frame of mind,this is important in retail and sales. You have to trust co workers and allow them to have an input as this not only boosts confidence but also creates ownership.
The hardest part of my job would be to at times work understaffed and have to maximise what you have on hand to still achieve your target. However,the most enjoyable part of my job would be that in retail there is always an element of surprise and the good service you give always creates a loyal customer.
Pros
You learn how to run a business and get to take ownership as if it were your own.
Vibey;fun;productive;orientated
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng Johannesburg22 December 2016
The environment is fun;vibey;productive;a nicey free space to be around;we are customer orientated;there are always highs and lows in every work place but as we work in small numbers there are never dull moments at work;and we respect each other and our customers.But cons is that you never get a single weekend off even in an emergency;you can only dream.
Pros
Stuff purchases
Cons
No weekends off
retailer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng14 November 2016
Good platform to learn communication skills. One always has to be energetic and keen to meet new people. Although one spends long hours on their feet it is a very exciting experience.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Small salary
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 February 2016
It will be very nice to be part of this team
I have never worked before, but I'm willing to learn and give my best.
The hardest part is dealing with difficult personalities
The most enjoyable part of this job is to satisfy the customers
Pros
Lunches