Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 1 637 reviews
Resort
PURCHASING & COST CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ballito ,Durban, South Africa31 March 2019
Great Location and great people to work with.
Leisure Hotel with great facilities located within a private estate with a championship golf course. Very exclusive.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Restricted Access Control
brilliant environment
halal chef and catering manager (Former Employee) –  KwaDukuza, KwaZulu-Natal6 January 2019
there was actually no difficult part. it was extremely easy due to the fact that each person employed was given all training required. the management structure was brilliant
Pros
travel allowance
Overal i rate Fairmont as a 5 star
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 October 2018
Fairmont Zimbali Lodge & Resort is a beautiful place to start with heaven in paradise for guests you can unwind and have a peace of mind and it caters for each and every unique individual with Mexican restaurant, Indian restaurant caters for every guest all around the world not forgetting proudly south African theme as you arrive and with beautiful views and the staff its one big happy family you feel at home.
Pros
Free staff Canteen
Cons
Flexible hours
5,0
overall fun place to work good environment however poor workmanship and performance levels with senior management
Supervisor/waiter (Former Employee) –  south Africa5 April 2018
a luxurious tranquil place where it offers a variety of views of the ocean n the beauty of nature at its best many south African dishes to explore including a international buffet fit for a king to dine of every bit of zimbali is exceptionally lovely
Pros
staff meals were available but poorly prepared
Cons
no medical benefits poor meals
5,0
It a nice holiday place that you can enjoy and never forget about for the rest off your life
waitering (Former Employee) –  Ballitoville, KwaZulu-Natal9 February 2018
There are many outlets like swimming pool and a lot of activities golf course and animals it fresh,the kids are also welcome there is some place for nanise to look after children's.
Pros
Good chefs in the Cantins for an awusome meal
Cons
15minutes brakefarst & 1hour lunch
5,0
meeting with vvip sharing some adeas
waiter giving the guest a excellent service (Current Employee) –  fairmont zimbali at kwaZULU NATAL4 January 2018
fairmont hotel is the good place to relax have fine an enjoy the activity sleeping in our luxury rooms befits of free workup call free news paper free golf cuts ,buseness room an all our rooms facing the oceon
Pros
we also have meal allowance
Cons
we also work 8hours a day if its buzzy we work over times
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal8 November 2017
Makes money and have very good values that one can balance with life, vey exciting with a wonderful people around. Authentic experience filled with sophisticating memories.

A wonderful patriocal location of the sister lodge.
Rooms with a wonderful sea view that everyone is just dieying to be there.

Management seems to know their stuff and have a wonderful daily routine of doing things.
Pros
respect and intergrity
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Best place i ever worked at fun and productive
waitress and cashier and hostess (Former Employee) –  Ballito Bay, KwaZulu-Natal26 October 2017
I started as a waitress in abt the middle of the year was made a hostess was in charge of answering calls making booking cashing up n worked at in room dinning
4,0
High paced, fun, stressful enviroment
Onsite IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal26 April 2017
Busy constantly
Keep learning everyday
I have a good team so we work well together
Fun, but can be daunting
The working hours
Meeting new people and the new challenges
Pros
Free Lunch and Coffee
Cons
Hours and policies slow processes
Exciting and beautiful place
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal15 February 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Fairmont especially working with my colleagues. I learnt so much from them.Unfortunately I left due to the salary and had high costs of travelling..It was not allowing me to make a sustainable future for my family.
Pros
Discounts at the hotels.
Cons
No overtime, no pension, no medical aid.
fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal8 February 2017
i really did enjoyed working as a waiter since it was my first work experience.i learned how to work with other people and how to treat customers.The management was good.i always had to put a smile on my face to give the best service.Sometimes the guests come with bad behaviors and i always had to stay cool.I mostly enjoyed working if its busy
Pros
free lunches
Vibrant Environment
ROYAL SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal25 January 2017
Very busy and vibrant environment to work in. I have gained excessive knowledge and experience. Management work with staff and ensure that the job gets done. Fairmont Zimbali is a fast pace environment, you constantly meet and speak to different people on a daily basis.

Beautiful hotel and scenery.
Pros
Team Building, Incentive programes for meeting targets
Fairmont Zimbali Lodge & Resort
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal10 April 2016
Its a good place to work ,especialy to meet people. Learning how to hangle yourself in big environment where you meet diferent kind of individuals.
Pros
We have breakfast, Lunch at 11h00am to 14h00pm and 16h30pm to 17h30pm
Cons
14h00pm to 23h00pm
General life at Fairmont Zimbali Lodge and Resort
Employee Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Ballito, ZN9 September 2015
It was a stunning environment with best policies for employees to adhere to easily. Fun with its achievement awards and celebrations on a monthly basis which I was full member. The sad part in my career was to always feel bad when an employee is terminated or dismissed for bad behavior.
No employee was carrying lunch boxes as lunch was provided. Even breakfast, employees used to gather at dining hall for breakfast and then start work. Lovely company though.
I used to train line managers in the field of disciplinary. This is a multicultural organization as we had all races, real rainbow nation with best values of unity.
A fun workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ballito, ZN28 July 2015
I enjoyed working at Fairmont Zimbali Resorts. We were given an opportunity to let our personalities shine when interacting with guests, with little interference from management.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Long, irregular hours.
5,0
its turning out to be stressful working place
Server (Current Employee) –  Ballito, ZN6 February 2014
very stressful at times, work so many extra which is not paid. Company wants more from you in return for less. Management not motivational. ROTATION OF WORKERS KILLS TEAMWORK. Working of more hours than required then not thanked and not paid.
Pros
free meals
Cons
long unpaid hours
5,0
productive and friendly work environment
pastry chef (Former Employee) –  durban kzn24 June 2013
best company i have worked is fairmont resort and lodge. competitive company in all aspects.
Pros
free lunch, provident fund, medical aid cover etc
Fun workplace
Cash book Lodge and Resort (Former Employee) –  Ballito18 May 2013
Working in the accounts depratment was extremely stressful because we were handling two or more companies. I learnt alot from the company with regards to their differant systems, values and procedures.Most of my co workers are my friends.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, no help was given when requested