Famous Brands Employee Reviews

productive
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 November 2018
famous brands is good company and i was always happy because of my job. it have good management . now i can work with the becouse of famous brands.some how it was dificult to do my work because of lot of work.
Pros
free lunch
responsible for inventory control
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 November 2018
worked under pressure, management controlled everything, the job was demanding and stressful, but enjoyable. however the demanding nature of the job makes stressful.
5,0
they do all thebest to maintin theproduct
general worker (Former Employee) –  Lambert's Bay, Western Cape5 July 2018
it was nice working for that company i learned a lot there it was my first job in my life.the place was protected we were working in a safe comany.you get respect from your manengers and also to other employers
Pros
wew dont have free lunch
Cons
we dont work long hours
5,0
Innovative and forward thinking.
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 June 2018
Recently i spent over 12 months working for Famous Brands. My time at Famousbrands was the most challenging and the most rewarding period in my career path. The culture of elite performance was most striking to me. The expectations were and are immense! The most valuable lesson I learned through this experience has been one of the most profound almost epiphany type of realisations....that leaders can request almost impossible tasks to be carried out by their teams... and when one requests elite performance...elite support and structures need to be in place. This stance, stemming from an 'employee wellness significantly increases employee
 performance' mindset, is the culture at FB!! Continuous and focused well rounded and thought through support structures, not always perfect,  sometimes far from perfect but continously improved upon,day in and day out, year in and year out. Myself and my colleagues felt over worked and under constant pressure,  but we didn't complain and all just constantly tried harder every day. That to me ....is a phenomenon and has forever changed my views on the industry I felt I had mastered having experience in almost all spheres of hospitality, franchising and customer service on 3 continents. Famousbrands leaders are groomed and nurtured to be elite in practice, thought, innovation and behaviour, in turn, bringing out only the best in their subordinates and creating an entire workforce of highly skilled, determined and forward thinking employees. What a company! !!
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Heavy workload
4,0
productive and nice work place
general worker (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng11 April 2018
It requires some educational qualifications ,it has some studies where people learn how to work,it pays on time,got good leaders and pays good salary and got transport allowance
Pros
enough lunch time
Cons
normal hours
5,0
Enjoyable fun career choice.
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga13 February 2018
Great learning experience and fun to work with the team, had ups and down but great team and challenges well worth it. Was a great opportunity.

Kind Regards,
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng22 December 2017
Company that offers great exposure to various types of processes. Good company to work for. Strive for excellence and good manufacturing processes. Customer satisfaction and product safety
Pros
Productivity
Fast growing business
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2017
The biggest restaurant group in South Africa listed on the Johannesburg Stock exchange with restaurants all over South Africa and the UK. Famous Brands focus on backward integration by getting involved in the industries supplying the most critical raw materials.
Pros
Fast changing environment
Cons
Lack if proper planning
3,0
Good
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Gauteng31 May 2017
Modern day company to work, management and staff are always willing to assists with both work and social being.My job was fair with a bit of challenges upon month end stock take period. Deadline needed to be met at all times.
I am in a good company
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng18 May 2017
Famous brands is a good company working good with any culture of any person without any hate to anyone and having funny, with no fighting laughing together
Pros
Free tea time
Internship
Printer, designer, site surveyor (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng9 April 2017
Fun people and a great working environment. This company looks well after its people in my experience and is perfect for growing your career. I have no complaints toward this company what so ever.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Fun People, Normal working hours, good Managment
Cons
no comment
2,0
Productive but no room for improvement
Warehouse Controller (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng28 November 2016
This is a good company but floor managers need to be innovative and listen to staff for new ideas. You getc exposure of working with customers.
Pros
Free vouchers
Cons
No Planning
productive
stork picker (Former Employee) –  cape town10 November 2016
it was fun.and i alwys enjoyed my slf while I was there,they do have a good menour of treating people nd i some time thing abt thm coz they are a good monegment
Pros
have my own lunch
Cons
nomal or long hours
Productive and team work
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga4 July 2016
No hours as your day start at 6am and can finish with late nights. I have learned a lot about the Casual Dine In environment. Co-workers is a very disciplined young group of various cultures who perfected team work. The hardest part is seeing a great restaurant been run incorrectly with no systems in place and definitely the most enjoying part is assisting the same manager running a great operations by coaching, training and being an expert in your field with your knowledge.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Admin can get too much and keep you from assisting restaurants
Closely knit family.
I.T Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 June 2016
I love my current job, I love the people i work with. Its defiantly a closely knitted family. Its not the typical corporate company, as me the employee don't feel like a number but i honestly feel apart of the organisation.
I start work at 05:30, checking up on the entire network across ALL our sites, then making sure the backups have ran successfully.
The general staff starts work at 07:30 and by then I would have resolved most common network or server issues. As the day goes I support the end users with general IT issues and make back-end Infrastructure is running.
Working on a server or network outage whiles my boss stands next to me and consistently asking "Is it fixed yet" is generally the hardest part of my job however once all resolved and everybody is happy.. That's when i get the most satisfaction out of my job.
Pros
Vouchers to restaurants owned by the company
Cons
No pay for after hours work
Famous Brands review
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal31 May 2016
The job overall was a great experience

co-workers and managers where all highly diligent and helpful within the network.

hardest part of the job is the build up to new store openings

most enjoyable was the traveling and getting to meet new business partners.
Pros
occasional lunches and get togethers
Cons
long hours and administration
Good Company
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  JHB and North West province23 February 2016
FB is a stable highly functional company that focuses on improving the Franchisee experience and making the business profitable.
Always looking at ways to improve service delivery to both internal and external customers.

A goo place to be.
Pros
Frredom to do your work within stipulated deadlines
Cons
Not anything that springs to mind
High performance culture
HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Midrand17 February 2016
Typical day-HR Generalist work eg. Recruitment, performance management, disciplinary issues, assistance/guidance to employees and management, reporting, meetings.

I learned a lot about the food manufacturing and franchising.

The Management at Famous Brands were a pleasure to work with.

I worked in a team of terrific co workers

The hardest part of my job was the fact that we grew by 652 employees since I joined and I was working generally from 6h30 to 6pm so there was very little work/life balance. (I would like to stress I don't mind working overtime when there is a need, however the hours I was working were continuous)

The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction I got from problem solving on a daily basis.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, performance bonus, 20 days leave, provident and med aid
Experience at Famous Brands
Administration Clerk BIC (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng8 February 2016
Hi , Working for my previous employer was very empowering and offered me loads of experience for my new endovours facing me in my near future.

We have a greatly culture and fast pace working environment.
Pros
Learning and training
Cons
Communication
Financial Growth Champions, Paranoid Management
SKILLS TRAINER - REGIONAL (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga1 February 2016
50/50 easy and hard days. Experience is golden. Management hold the value of one's future. Too far from my hometown. The pay-off line is "You In Good Company" this could be true only if the managers could just manage and stop being power hungry and irrational. Favouritism is the order of the day and the more bud you kiss, the better will be your chance of being promoted.
Pros
Exposure to new frontiers.
Cons
Long driving distances, no tranfers to other regions closer to home.