FHI 360 Employee Reviews

Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 August 2017
Good working environment, more fun like one family. Common understanding and go getter. Mutual understanding when coming to work relationship. Working together as a team always.
Pros
Cons
If needed
5,0
Fun, learning new things and exposure
Program and Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng31 October 2016
Scope of work and structure were in place. Preparation of imprest for the month and sourcing out outstanding documents for monthly stipends. Managing the overall funds for SADAC fellows. We were a diverse culture group and blended in very well with the team. disprsing funds only to find out fellows changed the status of their account in terms of currency and not inform the office thus having returned deposits and direct liason with bank on someones account and retrieving the money back.
Pros
Staff trainining
Cons
time zones
4,0
Good place and environment to work
Provincial Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 July 2016
The company has a very solid work culture, policies that protect both the employee and employer, and a vibrant work-life balance. The organisation offers competitive salaries and good benefits.
Pros
Good work culture and job security
Cons
Inflexible policies
Relaxed Environment
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 February 2016
Very relaxed environment.Working for Family Health International was enjoyable in a sense that I got more exposed in the challenges of people living with HIV,poverty etc.The environment is more like people minding their own business but friendly nevertheless.
Poductivity
Reception and Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP21 May 2015
I have operated the switchboard well and I always welcoming visitors and provided good general admin support and duties during this period . I love my job but still in my old position and taking responsibilities of other role because I'm eager to learn. I always treat my co-workers with respect.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
1hour
5,0
An environment that encourages excellence!
Director, (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP30 June 2014
My role is in transition, so I am juggling several roles that include stakeholder management and communication with the public and private sector. I am also responsible for organizational and staff development in a new project and finding partners for a new development project. A typical day at work includes some research, writing, communicating via email and the phone, working with a logistics team, attending planning meetings and executing the plans. Supervising staff. As a signatory, I review and release payments online banking. My coworkers provide me with the space the resources I need to function efficiently. There is an atmosphere of mutual respect. The hardest part of my job is that is also the most enjoyable because this is a new unit so we are creating the templates. I enjoy the cultural diversity because there are always several options to problem solving.
Pros
Working in different parts of the region and world.
3,0
Challenging working without adequate material resources.Each day being a learning situation while meeting client at outreach sites.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burgersfort Limpopo5 September 2012
Counseling a surbodinate on unacceptable behaviour towards clients at an outreach site.
I learnt being patient firm and focused things will work for better.
Management style depend on the situation, acknowledge subordinate their importance and the goal to be achieved.Team work players,relaxed when supervisor is away for meetings.
Most enjoyable part of job is when working as a team, complementing each others effort.
Pros
travelling to different places for meetings.
Cons
long distance to far to reach areas to provide services.
5,0
I work best in a conducive productive workplace
Training manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria31 July 2012
Monday
I learned that Mondays are very challanging week days,eapecially if one had an ehaustive weekend. I learned that one needs to prorities what is crucial and what is not so that they stay focused on doing productive work. Management skills are very important inorder to mainytain a conducive work environment. Managers should take feedback positively.My coworkers are an easy group to work with irrespective of diverse cultures.The hardest part of the job is working after 5pm, however if this happens once in a wheile inorder to meet specific set tasks and deadlines. i enjoy reaching out and provide services to the underserved communities.
Pros
prtovision of refresher courses to employees
Cons
i prefer working in a conducive environment where managers, take feedback positively