FHI 360

FHI 360 Management reviews

4,0
Makes a difference in the field
Monitoring Reporting and Evaluating Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng15 January 2018
This is a big company. Everything about it is professional, efficient and on point. Salary I was getting was really great. The management is always available to assist field workers and respond as soon as possible
Pros
Really good environment and support
Cons
No permanent employment
5,0
An environment that encourages excellence!
Director, (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP30 June 2014
My role is in transition, so I am juggling several roles that include stakeholder management and communication with the public and private sector. I am also responsible for organizational and staff development in a new project and finding partners for a new development project. A typical day at work includes some research, writing, communicating via email and the phone, working with a logistics team, attending planning meetings and executing the plans. Supervising staff. As a signatory, I review and release payments online banking. My coworkers provide me with the space the resources I need to function efficiently. There is an atmosphere of mutual respect. The hardest part of my job is that is also the most enjoyable because this is a new unit so we are creating the templates. I enjoy the cultural diversity because there are always several options to problem solving.
Pros
Working in different parts of the region and world.
3,0
Challenging working without adequate material resources.Each day being a learning situation while meeting client at outreach sites.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burgersfort Limpopo5 September 2012
Counseling a surbodinate on unacceptable behaviour towards clients at an outreach site.
I learnt being patient firm and focused things will work for better.
Management style depend on the situation, acknowledge subordinate their importance and the goal to be achieved.Team work players,relaxed when supervisor is away for meetings.
Most enjoyable part of job is when working as a team, complementing each others effort.
Pros
travelling to different places for meetings.
Cons
long distance to far to reach areas to provide services.
5,0
I work best in a conducive productive workplace
Training manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria31 July 2012
Monday
I learned that Mondays are very challanging week days,eapecially if one had an ehaustive weekend. I learned that one needs to prorities what is crucial and what is not so that they stay focused on doing productive work. Management skills are very important inorder to mainytain a conducive work environment. Managers should take feedback positively.My coworkers are an easy group to work with irrespective of diverse cultures.The hardest part of the job is working after 5pm, however if this happens once in a wheile inorder to meet specific set tasks and deadlines. i enjoy reaching out and provide services to the underserved communities.
Pros
prtovision of refresher courses to employees
Cons
i prefer working in a conducive environment where managers, take feedback positively