Fidelity Security Group Employee Reviews

4,0
Productive and team work.
CIT control (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State29 October 2019
Having fun and more in fire Arms training, tooling to works about home problems. Helping officer with Transport.

Time to be with family, and having end yr party is to make certificate of employees of the yr.
Pros
Tym to lucnh
Cons
Good working tym, so the office can have tym with the are. Family.
4,0
When we working we rotating, that helps us to gain different skill and also experiance
Working in this company is good, it trains you to be always competitive, every month we write test about the work, that makes us to be always focus. As this National Key point we working at is dealing with fuels sometimes, especially when the fuel Price increases we handle too much pressure while working. It trains us to work as a team, if some employees are at some small training that takes maybe a week or two,the available employees must cover the shifts.
available employees covers for those
Professional company
From guarding to management (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape1 September 2019
It is the company that I can rely on it because today I have experience from being up to being a manager.. They took me from zero to hero.. Well done fidelity.. I am who I am today because of you..
Productive and fun workplace
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Silverton, Gauteng1 August 2019
Good working condition. Learning lot of things. Goog management skills. Good team work. Working environment is poor. Very fun to work with students sometimes.
5,0
Its really good experience because it is one of the biggest company in South Africa and it has a lots of opportunities to .
security officer (Current Employee) –  East Rand mall Gauteng27 July 2019
Its really great to work for this company because it has a lot of opportunities and well manage to.it has being around for long time now and still going strong so my time here has being wonderful and very grate.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng Johannesburg3 June 2019
You be a good worker and trustworthy and respect your staff member and your managers in general.Be punctual when doing your work.impress the client you providing services on.
Cons
Long ours
2,0
very strict and square environment to work in.
National Contract Manager Guarding (Current Employee) –  Durban21 May 2019
its a good company so to speak. I work with many different cultures.

I have learned diversity and gained experience from dealing with Clients.

the hardest part is that it is a Family business and not a corporate one.

the easiest part for me is that I come from a military background and have a sense of urgency so I get things done with ease and asap.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
very long hours at times.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng15 May 2019
It is well organised company and a wel management and they do care about its guards or officers and all in all they work with people who knows their manners and what they wamt in work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 March 2019
A big company that has played a pivotal role in securing businesses, homes,schools and individuals, with potential to do more. Also employs a big number of people given the unemployment rate in the country.
Pros
30 min to 45mins lunch
Cons
12 hour shifts
goal driven
incident manager (Current Employee) –  gauteng5 March 2019
In my first three months as a Incident Manager in the Specialized services department inside the Fidelity Security group, I have met and exceeded new hire expectations for risk and security. I was able to meet and exceed my personal Success rate in all of my target area's, The biggest factor in my success has been my attention to detail and responsiveness to a incident. Between 2014 and 2018, my team has brought the incident rate from and average of 11 hijackings a day to 2 hijackings a month. My teams timely responses and attention to detail have resulted in a 78% success rate for our clients enabled us to exceed our service targets in each month
Cons
hard working
3,0
productive but not a good working environment
control room operator (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng18 February 2019
A typical day at work will be when our hones are down and we have to work manually.

I learned so much more about safety of a client and an officer, learned how to multitask in an emergency situation, how to work better under pressure.
Pros
enough off days
Growth
security officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 January 2019
FIDELITY has been good for me and has given me an opportunity to grow.within the year that i have been with them i got a training for Special Events.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Normal hours
Good corporate experience
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 January 2019
~Well I find that a typical day at work has stress and is really busy but you need to manage yourself besides you subordinates.

~I learned how interact with different people from different walks of life and to keep calm and make an accurate evaluation of every situation before reacting and making the correct choice for myself, client and company.

~Management is always challenging and needs you to be fair and assertive at the same time.

~Workplace culture should always be open and a happy environment as far as possible.

~Hardest part of the job is when you know that the disciplinary action taken against a colleague will have very serious conditions like termination and there's nothing you can do to help as it is your job to take these actions.

~Most enjoyable part of the job is cracking an investigation or arresting a criminal or saving your company and or client huge amounts of money with your intelligent decisions and choices at work for different situations.
Pros
My pros are getting the job done and relaxing to a good meal and movie after work with family
Cons
Stress and fatigue with long hours at work
4,0
Counting Money and being a spy/inspector.
ATM auditor (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng13 November 2018
So I got a company vehicle and followed the Cash In Transit vans. Then had to count all the money in the ATM to see if it balance. Also had to report bad looking cubicles and tell people to clean. Also had to check so people loading money don't take some money for them self.
Good to work at
Regional HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Germany, KwaZulu-Natal24 September 2018
Can build and work yourself up and they have all the training needed for your specific job. Friendly managers that will assist in any way needed. A good support structure
3,0
very busy and diversified no chance to breathe
BOOKKEEPER TO B/SHEET/ ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Roodepoort, Gauteng27 June 2018
very busy the company has grown tremendously in the last few years. Very diversefied.

my job was just a normal bookkeeper but my functions has grown and also i have also become very busy.
they are very ee orientated and also very good in promoting the youth.

also good for pushing people to study and also doing learnerships
to empower themselves.

very demanding company.
Pros
near home
Cons
n/a
2,0
Overworked, policing environment, unhappy staff, increases not paid on time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 April 2018
There's very little growth opportunities. Most times positions are given as a matter of favoritism, they do go through the HR channels to cover themselves, yet they already decided who will get the job before the vacancy goes out. Bonus dates are changed by the company, even though your employment contract states otherwise. Etc etc....
Pros
Medical aid contribution, provident fund contribution
Cons
Staff work like robots from the start to the end of their shift.
Permit Officer (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga12 February 2018
Working long hours.
Working with people all day.
Answering phones.
Doing admin.

I love working with people.
Learning about different cultures.
Learning new things everyday.
Pros
Working with people
Productivity and Time Management
New Business Development-Cash In Transit (Current Employee) –  Krugersdorp, Gauteng14 January 2018
I start work 7 30 dealing with new queries and doing admin/sending out quotes/signing up new clients.I spend my afternoons either phoning new prospective clients or doing cold calling sourcing new clients .I learned that never stop believing in yourself,trust the product you sell,if one door closes,two will open.Do not be afraid to knock on doors and present your product/service.Always be open with management on successes and failures and do not be afraid to ask questions.The workplace culture allows you to make independent decisions and encourages innovation.The hardest part of the job is customers who do not want to fill in all paperwork required but want the service to start asap.The most enjoyable part of the job is when all your cold calling and hard work is reflected on your monthly report.
1,0
Non- Productive
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng15 October 2017
Company needs to invest in theri staff and be more considerate to their staff needs and wants.
The company needs to review all their policies and make sure the staff is upgraded and impowered.Tha staff needs to be prioritized and trained
Pros
non
Cons
non