Financial Services Board Employee Reviews

5,0
Enjoyable and exciting place to work
Business Continuity Management (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, Gauteng8 November 2018
The organization takes good care of their staff. Well balanced environment with opportunities to grow and learn. Very professional organization management is easy to communicate with. Good policies in place. They take you seriously and everyone is treated with dignity and respect
Pros
Growth and personal development opportunities
Cons
Far from Johannesburg
5,0
Interesting and great exposure to market players
Manager Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng12 February 2018
I enjoyed the work and the exposure to various market players at a very high level.
We performed investigations and studies which brought an element of interest into the job.
1,0
Not a conducive working environment.
Hedge Funds Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 February 2018
Hostile working environment like bullying in the workplace, unprofessionalism, browbeating, domineering and malicious harassment and the unfair treatment of subordinate staff.
3,0
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria31 January 2017
The corporate culture has a huge room for improvement for staff retention and job fulfillment. The information Technology space could be given more autonomy to transform the organization to be in par with other industry players
Pros
Financial Services exposure
Great place to work.
Specialist Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Pretoria26 January 2017
Well managed organisation, with great growth opportunities available. A typical day includes planning, admin, financial analysis and communicating with the different stakeholders.
Pros
opportunities available to grow.
5,0
Excellent place to work at, relaxed, committed colleagues and excellent incentives
Specialist Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 May 2016
I spend most of my day analysing financial statements and attending to ad-hoc admin. Attending meetings. I have learnt a lot about the retirement industry and regulatory environment, compliance and risk management. I have been privileged to work with great colleagues, always helpful and great environment. I enjoy helping all my clients from members we serve and the different administrators.
Pros
Great work environment
My Day at FSB
Infrastructure Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP20 April 2015
Each day at FSB brings different types of challenges. As an Active Directory Administrator, each am likely to get calls related to accounts. Unresolved calls by desktop technicians, get routed to my portfolio. We strive to jell together as team to maintain service level competency. Management always keeps us on our toes to get calls closed by end of business.

With pending projects likes deployment of SCCM 2012, team keeps an eye on all critical calls while engineers focus on deliverables. The challenge comes with users that pretend to know things around Windows. Our team gives all client an ear and ensure all deliverables are met.
Pros
Vast chances of learning new techology
Cons
Time is always a biggest threat when you are responsible for lot of things
2,0
good
Legal (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP23 April 2014
Good salary and benefits. several good people with good work ethic. Corporate culture needs further development.
3,0
Great place to learn about regulation and the Financial Services industry
Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP12 July 2013
It is a good place to work and learn about the Financial services industry and how it is regulated.
Pros
Work hours, people and the environment
Cons
NO flexibility
Productive and fun workplace
Departmental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria6 November 2012
i would say that the Financial Services Board is one of the best companies a person can for. i have learnt a lot during my time at the FSB, I have learnt how to work with people, how to manage my time properly, how to deal with stress. i work with the best people as in that i consider them like family. the hardest part of my Job is dealing with unreasonable clients and the most enjoyable part is having clients thank you for a job well done.
Pros
departmental lunches
Cons
work overload in peak periods
4,0
Learning environment
Legal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gaiteng10 June 2012
Regulating and registering Pension Funds as per the Act. Great Management and co-workers. The hardest part was regulating vulumes of Pension Funds page by page. I found the job enjoyable beacuse it was a new field I had ventured into.
Pros
productive environment
Cons
no formal training