Finbond Mutual Bank Employee Reviews

Fun
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Phillips town, northern cape1 March 2019
It was fun, helping people with money and advice.interect with clients,good communication and work liability.greating and teamwork was always the best.
Pros
My lunch
Cons
Minimum
Productive, optimistic, enthusiastic
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Kimberley23 February 2019
Worked for Finbond Mutual Bank for over 4 years...I'm currently looking for new challengeto broaden my skills. I stated in my cv that I thrive well in a challenging environment ensuring quality that meet business objectives. Within Finbond Mutual Bank we had our good months and bad months mainly worked with targets relating to loans, normal banking like opening savings accounts, filling, data capturing, telemarketing, marketing in the street as a face to face marketing, selling Finbond products helping out with few managerial duties.
Pros
Free lunch, incentives, bonus
Cons
We worked at times long hours at times 12 hours from 8 morning to 8 at night
Productive and fun workplace
Branch Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orkney, North West20 February 2019
Its fun and has flexible hours but salary package is low this job is suited for students,if you just finished school then this job is for you.the culture is good as they teach you how to work under pressure.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Under paid
Productive and Fun work place
Consultant and Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, ZA16 February 2019
The work includeds alot of stress
I enjoy my work alot and my clients.
Although finbond does not have benefits for ther staff and does not stick to there promises.
I love my work alot but needs a new challenge.I have worked my way up to the top and the growth in the company are bit slow.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no salary adjustment for the load of work we have.
2,0
Productivity was poor
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg Brakpan15 February 2019
What I don't like about this company is , they don't care about our safety. Such as work place is not alarmed or no security. If they introduce new product they don't do enough research.
Pros
Free lunches if you reach the target
Cons
Sometimes and they not paying overtime.
Branch Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 December 2018
Finbond mutual bank is a stepping stone for many young individuals that wants to step into the industry of finance. I love my job but however there is not acknowledgment for what one does. All focus must always be on the negativity. The best part of my job is interacting with clients on a daily basis and providing warm & friendly , quick & efficient services to them and building a relationship with them. Making an customer feel important is key, cause that way your client will remain loyal to you & the company.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
no benefits and no growth
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng5 July 2018
A typical day at Finbond begins with a brief meeting with the branch manager. main objective is to help customers apply for loans and they are mostly on their break from work, must be efficient. The system and stuff are mostly professional. its a good place to work at
Pros
Stuff training
Cons
Low salary
Marketing
Branch Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng22 May 2018
To explore and be motivated by the company in many other ways, and gain the experience, be able to work under pressure and work hard in order to benefit
Pros
Free lunches
Good environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Thaba Nchu, Free State15 May 2018
A growing company
Lots of opportunities
Good environment
Good communication skills
Like working with clients
Outstanding performance regarding bad debts and collection
Pros
Saturday off
Cons
No over time payment
5,0
Fun and i learn lot of things
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 April 2018
Motivate.be positive .know your standards.dont promise things you wont keep it.more important respect.always keeep client happy.what i learn about finance budget it a habit
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours
1,0
working for the company was fun
Full Time Worker (Former Employee) –  Vredenburg, Western Cape17 April 2018
I love working with clients thats is the reason i took the job,but they dont really look after their staff you work long hours for R3200 an no bonus end of the year.
Pros
free lunch maybe one a year
3,0
it was a pleasure working for the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 February 2018
I would get to the branch at 07:00 in the morning,count petty cash and sign off all contracts of the following day. I would then have to complete all reports of the following day and attend to all descrepencies immediatly if any arises.
We opened at 08:00 and from there I would already have clients asking for me personally,as I loved to satisfy clients and when they left with nothing, they woyld also understand why they did. I am very big on customer service and would always go the extra mile. in the event of slow day, I would constantly be on the phone calling potential clients and looking for good bussines. also giving advice to the best of my capabilities, remembering to represent the companies best interest.
Finbond has taught me well and for that I appreciate the great leadership I submitted to.

we would close our doors at 16:30 every day and then I would start with reports, send figures and then by 17:00 I would leave to go home to the family.

I learned that with great power comes reat responsibility and that is a good thing.

My favourite part of the day was seeing a satisfied client leave with a smile and knowing that we were there to help them achieve financial independance.
Pros
seeing clientsbecome debt free because of us
Cons
the amount of fraudsters we encountered.
workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State15 January 2018
Its very challeging but if your really love what your are doing is very nice,working with different kinds of people on daily basis make me very strong because I learn so many cuktures as well as behaviours from kids of people, but what makes me to love my job is the inviroment where everyone is coming to work with one mind and one spirit to achieve the goal of the day,we managed to take the branch from bottom to to top level in free state,that makes me proud.
Branch Consultant (Former Employee) –  kimberley11 January 2018
It was a nice experience I've learned alot
I wish the best for the company.
They have given me the tools to grow and for that I'm grateful.
Very good company to work for.
fun workplace
Sales Consultant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Limpopo makhado23 December 2017
Working at finbond was challenging since it was the first time working at finance department but I end up enjoying because at tertiary level i studed bookkeeping i enjoyed their system the most
Pros
own lunch
Cons
normal hours
3,0
It's a great company to work for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 November 2017
It's a very good company to work for. But never try to make a mistake then you out. I loved working there. You get opportunities at Finbond you can work your way up. Consultants can go as far as becoming the CEO of the company. You can also study further if you are interested.
Pros
Lovely year end functions
Cons
Working Saturdays
Educative and Enjoyable
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grahamstown, Eastern Cape14 November 2017
I learned more about the filing system, how to approach and calm down a difficult client, punctuality and communication skills, verbal and non-verbal
Pros
Incentives
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western cape28 September 2017
U must work overtime whenever is needed and always be productive. Lots of space for improving our skills. Working under pressure is normal at the company and you have to be a quick learner.
Pros
free lunches
3,0
The company is very big and has alot of potential but the way they treat the staff is unethical.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arcadia pretoria29 March 2017
With the size of the company. They tend not to care about their staff members. If we complain things dont get resolved or takes a fight to resolve it.
Pros
Cons
Overtime, warnings without training provided.
Good work experience
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng22 March 2017
Duties:
Typing documents and distributing payment requests.
Handling incoming / outgoing calls, correspondence and filing.
Faxing, printing, photocopying, filing and scanning.
Creating and modifying documents using Microsoft Office.
Updating, processing and filing of all documents.
Handling confidential information.
Processing of leave, warnings and dismissal forms.
Running back ground checks for new employees.
Directing UIF forms.
Directing Labour Audit forms.
Handling documentation for new employments.
Making and booking travel and staying arrangements for the company.
Answering phones, dealing with the staff and customers, handling situations with head office and staff in the branches.
Pros
Good Hours