FirstRand Employee Reviews

3,0
Job training and application world
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Rand Bank (Simmonds & Pritchards str)JHB fnb Head office14 October 2019
The sense of being part of the Successful Team makes everything easy in that the growth ,passion and training becomes easy for the Employer,the manner of working along the same goal makes the selfeesteem more efficient so as to deliver more and more .
1,0
Poor leaders who are insecure at work
Internal financial controls auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 October 2019
Perform well you will not receive reward unless you are part of circle that clings and holds onto each other. Find serious problems in the business you will be punished perhaps because management are involved in unethical behavior. Be careful where you work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Limpopo16 September 2019
To be multi skill official .to be productive a work place was respect cultural and diversity balancing of suspence fronti line official .ATM custodian
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8yrs
4,0
Lot of Learning and challenging in a positive way
Regulatory Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 June 2019
The job requires resilience and hard work. I have learnt to be resilient and courageous. the is vast knowledge in the organisation in that you can always rely on others for assistance. I enjoy the flat structure and open door policy. The team is excellent to work with.the hardest thing about my role is the demands from Group and the Franchise.
Work Hard - Play hard
Eternal Tax Reporting Tax Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  south africa14 May 2019
In the External Tax Reporting department, we are strong believers that we need to work hard to meet deadlines, but we also believe in playing hard as well, by going on exciting team builds etc. The hardest part of my job is the SARS submissions that our deadlines are very short. The most enjoyable part of my day is mixing with my team members, and been kept busy that your day goes by very quickly
Pros
Team Functions
Cons
Flexible hours
Entrepreneurial environment
Marketing Head Retail Banking (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 May 2019
Owner manager culture balanced with accountability and innovation. Lots of cross functional and business unit working and culture of idea generation leading to new thinking.
5,0
Working long hours according to mall
Student Teacherandd store assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng28 March 2019
People management customer service delivery insight store financial ratio store budget and financial management new business development credit and financial services
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working long hours
1,0
Too much pressure and efforts not recognised
Branch Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng8 March 2019
The targets are ridiculous. No more feet coming in the branch so staff is under pressure to find business. Expectations are high. You give 100% they expect 150%. No opportunities for growth
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short staffed. Long hours
3,0
High paced but fun environment.
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape4 February 2019
I worked at FNB while I was studying for my junior degree.

It was a sales and service environment in which I learnt customer orientedness, results focus and teamwork.
Pros
Comptition within a strong culture of teamwork.
Cons
Long hours with little pay. I was studying for a BCom part time.
fun place to work
senior foreign exchange consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 September 2018
it was a fun company to work for. they gave me the opportunity to be part of a winning team and gave me the skills to be more accurate in my work challenges.
Pros
good team players
Productive and Friendly environment
Trainee Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 May 2018
An environment that allows individuals to learn and get skills to be more productive, with supportive and friendly teams to work with.

I got the opportunity to explore more of the Auditing process as I was fresh from University without any experience, working with qualified and professional Auditors up skilled me as I learnt a lot on Auditing planning, Fieldworks and also the Reporting phase as to drafting of Audits Reports.

I did not only learn about the Auditing I tend to explore more as I was working with the International team I got the opportunity to go to Lesotho for a branch Audit for two weeks I explore more than I expected.
Pros
Free juices
Cons
Time managemt
4,0
Fun to work for exposed to lot of things
Human resources manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South9 April 2018
Very good company to work for, room for promotions but up to a certain level. There are times to work under extreme pressure but there is a good reward system in place for senior management. More improvement still needed,to take care of lower ranking staff.
Pros
Free lunches, group outings, great incentives
Cons
Long working hours at times, not much incentive lower ranking staff members.
Young vibrant team environment
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng23 March 2018
Operationally managed a group of agents who serviced clients through a value chain, Meaning they would sell benefits off lack of service through an existing product
Pros
Learned alot in this world class contact centre
Inspirational work environment
Awesome company, high performing culture and amazing people. Set the bench mark for me for ideal place to be. Challenging work supported by a real enabling / can do way of thinking and strong ethics and integrity.
I loved working here!
Pros
Great culture, great work, great rewards.
Cons
Not easy to get a permanent position.
Innovative
Snr IT Training Consultant/ HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 December 2017
Busy position, work place is results and sales driven which is hard.

Management spend a lot of time in meetings, time keeping is a challenge.

The culture is well balanced.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Travelling
3,0
Project Administrator/ PA - IT Hogan Dev (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 December 2017
This was a high project driven position, long hours and tight deadline.

Management is still very male dominant.

Training and Development in good if you are committed.
Pros
Systems Efficient
Cons
Long Hours
Innovative
Contract - Project Coordinator/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 December 2017
This company gave me a good grounding in all areas of my career with them.

The benefits use to be good, but then they changed to a cash package and the benefits fell away.
Pros
Training was always available
Cons
Travelling into Jhb
5,0
productive and fun working place
Learning Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 December 2017
nice place to work at. friendly stuff member that care about each other. Leadership takes care of its stuff and they make sure there's enough engagement between stuff and executives
Pros
free juices
4,0
Great and stimulating place to work
Senior Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa16 August 2017
FIrstRand is a fantastic company to work for with ample opportunities for career growth in the group. They pay very well and strong performers are rewarded with shares.
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Some micro-management
5,0
First is lovely company to work for but not pleased with the calibre of management they hire
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Fnb towers23 July 2017
Working for FNB in the past 9 years has been amazing and life changing both positively and negatively ,I loved and still love FNB and my efforts to do all things in the interest of the client and integrity of the organization proved how much I valued my time there.
Pros
innovative and fresh feel
Cons
no transparency