FirstRand

FirstRand Employee Reviews

South Africa47 reviews
Fast paced environment
Good and Fast working environment with Great learnings. Opportunities given to grow and to think out of the box. Flat Organisational structure with open door policy
Cons
Travelling distance
Good work manship
A typical day at work is not bad but it depends on the way you do your job it also a nice place to be the people are friendly and good at what they do
Good employer, poor HR
Pretty good company with an enthusiastic culture. Young CEO who has a great vision for the future. A good bank to work for.

HR ruined a large part of the experience.
4,0
Diverse company that values your contribution and challenge your thinking
An innovative company that always challenge your thinking. It values the contribution you make. It looks well after its staff ito compensation and other benefits. Great culture. Diversity ito the various BUs that you can have exposure to.
Pros
Gym-on-site, ability to work remotely, canteen-on-site, competitive remuneration, great leave policy
Cons
Certain areas expect long hours
3,0
Job training and application world
The sense of being part of the Successful Team makes everything easy in that the growth ,passion and training becomes easy for the Employer,the manner of working along the same goal makes the selfeesteem more efficient so as to deliver more and more .
1,0
Poor leaders who are insecure at work
Perform well you will not receive reward unless you are part of circle that clings and holds onto each other. Find serious problems in the business you will be punished perhaps because management are involved in unethical behavior. Be careful where you work.
5,0
To be multi skill official .to be productive a work place was respect cultural and diversity balancing of suspence fronti line official .ATM custodian
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8yrs
4,0
Lot of Learning and challenging in a positive way
The job requires resilience and hard work. I have learnt to be resilient and courageous. the is vast knowledge in the organisation in that you can always rely on others for assistance. I enjoy the flat structure and open door policy. The team is excellent to work with.the hardest thing about my role is the demands from Group and the Franchise.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FirstRand?
Work Hard - Play hard
In the External Tax Reporting department, we are strong believers that we need to work hard to meet deadlines, but we also believe in playing hard as well, by going on exciting team builds etc. The hardest part of my job is the SARS submissions that our deadlines are very short. The most enjoyable part of my day is mixing with my team members, and been kept busy that your day goes by very quickly
Pros
Team Functions
Cons
Flexible hours
Entrepreneurial environment
Owner manager culture balanced with accountability and innovation. Lots of cross functional and business unit working and culture of idea generation leading to new thinking.
5,0
Working long hours according to mall
People management customer service delivery insight store financial ratio store budget and financial management new business development credit and financial services
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working long hours
1,0
Too much pressure and efforts not recognised
The targets are ridiculous. No more feet coming in the branch so staff is under pressure to find business. Expectations are high. You give 100% they expect 150%. No opportunities for growth
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short staffed. Long hours
3,0
High paced but fun environment.
I worked at FNB while I was studying for my junior degree.

It was a sales and service environment in which I learnt customer orientedness, results focus and teamwork.
Pros
Comptition within a strong culture of teamwork.
Cons
Long hours with little pay. I was studying for a BCom part time.
fun place to work
it was a fun company to work for. they gave me the opportunity to be part of a winning team and gave me the skills to be more accurate in my work challenges.
Pros
good team players
Productive and Friendly environment
An environment that allows individuals to learn and get skills to be more productive, with supportive and friendly teams to work with.

I got the opportunity to explore more of the Auditing process as I was fresh from University without any experience, working with qualified and professional Auditors up skilled me as I learnt a lot on Auditing planning, Fieldworks and also the Reporting phase as to drafting of Audits Reports.

I did not only learn about the Auditing I tend to explore more as I was working with the International team I got the opportunity to go to Lesotho for a branch Audit for two weeks I explore more than I expected.
Pros
Free juices
Cons
Time managemt
4,0
Fun to work for exposed to lot of things
Very good company to work for, room for promotions but up to a certain level. There are times to work under extreme pressure but there is a good reward system in place for senior management. More improvement still needed,to take care of lower ranking staff.
Pros
Free lunches, group outings, great incentives
Cons
Long working hours at times, not much incentive lower ranking staff members.
Young vibrant team environment
Operationally managed a group of agents who serviced clients through a value chain, Meaning they would sell benefits off lack of service through an existing product
Pros
Learned alot in this world class contact centre
Inspirational work environment
Awesome company, high performing culture and amazing people. Set the bench mark for me for ideal place to be. Challenging work supported by a real enabling / can do way of thinking and strong ethics and integrity.
I loved working here!
Pros
Great culture, great work, great rewards.
Cons
Not easy to get a permanent position.
Innovative
Busy position, work place is results and sales driven which is hard.

Management spend a lot of time in meetings, time keeping is a challenge.

The culture is well balanced.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Travelling
3,0
This was a high project driven position, long hours and tight deadline.

Management is still very male dominant.

Training and Development in good if you are committed.
Pros
Systems Efficient
Cons
Long Hours
Innovative
This company gave me a good grounding in all areas of my career with them.

The benefits use to be good, but then they changed to a cash package and the benefits fell away.
Pros
Training was always available
Cons
Travelling into Jhb