Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Great Company
Service Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 October 2018
The reason I left FCTG is because of an amazing opportunity at PwC, I did not look for new opportunities, and if I was not headhunted by PwC I would of surely still been at FCTG
5,0
Fun Fridays are available to unwind.
Office Manager, then Online Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 June 2018
Login to our computes and start working. A normal 9-5 hours job. You will be dealing with clients over the phone, some will be walk in client if you work at the offices ( malls ).
fun and educating
Travel Expert (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 April 2018
I learnt a lot working here like travel and marketing.
It's a fun environment and everyone is equal.
The most enjoyable part is learning about different countries and their cultures and getting a chance to visit them.
Pros
education
Cons
low pay
1,0
Long Hours
Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 April 2018
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing.
I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
5,0
amazing team and always entertaining
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Winelands, Western Cape20 March 2018
The most amazing company to work for. I had the most amazing team who stood by me and helped me learn about the culture. a very stressful job that requires a lot of drive.
3,0
Wouldn't include in Deloitte's 'Best Companies To Work For'
Travel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brackenfell, Western Cape5 February 2018
Marketing of the positions inflate what's actually available to you.
Ex. 'Start work at 9am'
Actually means, start work at 8am on most days, with 8.45am being the exeption to the rule.
Ex. 'We promote from within'
Actually means, work for us for 2+ years in the same retail role, and we *might* consider you.
Ex. 'Write your own paycheck'
Actually means, we'll increase targets without warning, and after tax, commission is no more than 3% of what you've sold on our behalf.
well balanced company
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Africa9 January 2018
high standard of training
good work,home balance
I enjoyed working for this company, learned a lot, had a good support system in regards to manager structures and training provided
Fun
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 January 2018
Fun company to work for with good benefits and very good job security. The only problem is location it is quite a drive to get there if you don't live in Johannesburg.
Pros
Meal of the day
Cons
Monthly award ceremonies
Team Work and a Fun Working Environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 November 2017
Providing group quotes to internal and external businesses for flights, accommodation, transport etc. Organizing meetings, incentive, conferences and event travel for companies.

I learnt that when dealing with group requests you need to be meticulous, pay attention to detail and be on top of the changes.

The hardest part of the job is when changes are not communicated effectively by the client.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the trip was completed with no hitches.
Pros
Team Building
management
Travel Consultant (Retail) (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape25 October 2017
If you do not have the right management, then you won't be able to hit profit. Put the right people in the right positon, see your business grow not only in profit but a good working environment
Pros
making that welcome back phone call and hearing how the holiday was
Cons
people making up their travel budget when there is none
2,0
Hard Working
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northcliff, Gauteng11 October 2017
A typical day was to help people with their holiday packages.
I learnt that you can go on holiday and not having to spend too much money.
Workplace culture is very hard working.
The hardest part was to keep people happy.
The most enjoyable was when people came back from holiday they always brought something back to say thanks.
Pros
Seeing people smile
Cons
fighting for commission
Cruise specialist
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 October 2017
This was a new area for me, but I loved creating the perfect holiday for people. For instance a first time cruiser is unaware of seasickness or what to expect and helping them find the ideal balance to fit their budget was an amazing experience.
Fun workplace environment.
Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 October 2017
Work hours 9 - 5:30. Meeting new individuals daily, contributing to their travel quality by delivering exceptional Travel Expert skills. Working in a fun vibrant and innovative team environment. Making clients travel dreams come true. Fun workplace culture. Always acquiring new skills such as accounting, administration, PR of store, marketing of store. Assistant team leader.
Pros
Position advancements and growth in the company.
Cons
Unstable income as basic salary is low and commission was not always assured.
Target driven
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 October 2017
I would compile quotes for holidays, keep up to date with countries travel requirements, rules and regulations as well as keep informed of current events worldwide that might affect some tours or travel destinations.
Management was adequate and the environment was enthusiastic and competitive. I learned a lot about different countries and cultures, which I really enjoyed cultivating and enjoyed sending people on their "dream" vacations without any hitches.
Pros
Travel incentives
Cons
Working on weekends and the uniform
4,0
Amazing place to work in
Travel expert (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 August 2017
And travel agent needs to give flight centre a try. The learning is endless, the culture and family is awesome. This is indeed one of the best companies to work for.
Fun
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape town10 July 2017
You get to meet new people every day , people from different place's, its so nice because u give them options to a cheaper airline and see a happy customers is the Best
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8 to 4pm
Flight Centre
Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 April 2017
This position was office based and focused on sales of airline tickets and package holidays. It was a stressful environment but enjoyable and I learned how to manage my time efficiently and accuracy was a necessity for this position.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with persons travelling because of the death of a loved one.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture that they embraced.
Pros
Culture and People
Great opportunity for growth
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 April 2017
I really enjoyed working for Flight Centre. A typical day at work included a great amount of learning and further developing incredible levels of social and inter-pesonal skills. It was some of favorite employment and I will always remember it as some of my best employee experience ever.
Pros
Free meals
4,0
Productive and customer service always first.
Travel Expert (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 March 2017
Very busy and productive work day, meet new people everyday, great customer experience at the top of the list, learn how to sell everyday to different types of people, good all round procedures in place to ensure minimal risk to company and client. Hardest part of the job, long hours, and selling outside of clients intended budget. Good work culture through out company and travel opportunities, most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of creating great holiday experiences and be part of client best memories.
Pros
Discounted travel opportunities
Cons
long hours and weekends 7 day work weeks
5,0
Hard working by sacrificing family duties for success.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 March 2017
Great company to work for and develop work experience and understand responsibilities and work ethics.
Patience are valuable to working with team-mates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5