Flight Centre

Flight Centre Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Great Company
Service Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 October 2018
The reason I left FCTG is because of an amazing opportunity at PwC, I did not look for new opportunities, and if I was not headhunted by PwC I would of surely still been at FCTG
5,0
Fun Fridays are available to unwind.
Office Manager, then Online Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 June 2018
Login to our computes and start working. A normal 9-5 hours job. You will be dealing with clients over the phone, some will be walk in client if you work at the offices ( malls ).
Fun
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 January 2018
Fun company to work for with good benefits and very good job security. The only problem is location it is quite a drive to get there if you don't live in Johannesburg.
Pros
Meal of the day
Cons
Monthly award ceremonies
Team Work and a Fun Working Environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 November 2017
Providing group quotes to internal and external businesses for flights, accommodation, transport etc. Organizing meetings, incentive, conferences and event travel for companies.

I learnt that when dealing with group requests you need to be meticulous, pay attention to detail and be on top of the changes.

The hardest part of the job is when changes are not communicated effectively by the client.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the trip was completed with no hitches.
Pros
Team Building
3,0
Target driven
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 October 2017
I would compile quotes for holidays, keep up to date with countries travel requirements, rules and regulations as well as keep informed of current events worldwide that might affect some tours or travel destinations.
Management was adequate and the environment was enthusiastic and competitive. I learned a lot about different countries and cultures, which I really enjoyed cultivating and enjoyed sending people on their "dream" vacations without any hitches.
Pros
Travel incentives
Cons
Working on weekends and the uniform
4,0
Amazing place to work in
Travel expert (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 August 2017
And travel agent needs to give flight centre a try. The learning is endless, the culture and family is awesome. This is indeed one of the best companies to work for.
Great opportunity for growth
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 April 2017
I really enjoyed working for Flight Centre. A typical day at work included a great amount of learning and further developing incredible levels of social and inter-pesonal skills. It was some of favorite employment and I will always remember it as some of my best employee experience ever.
Pros
Free meals
5,0
Hard working by sacrificing family duties for success.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 March 2017
Great company to work for and develop work experience and understand responsibilities and work ethics.
Patience are valuable to working with team-mates.
5,0
good company to work for
National Manager Ticket Centre (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 May 2016
I learned new systems and dealing with people and complaints, troubleshooting errors. I learned that there is always a solution to any problem. My co-workers became family and we supported each other in order to get through the day, the hardest part of the job for me was not succeeding saving money for my clients and the most enjoyable was hard work reaps benefits.
TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 April 2016
It was an amazing company to start my career in travel. I grew so much in the company, on a personal and professional level
Pros
writing your own paycheck
Cons
gossiping and company cullture
3,0
fun working environment
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP29 January 2016
very busy day at work, i learnt sales techniques that is proven to work efficiently. had very supportive management. the most enjoyable part of my job was closing a sale and knowing that my client was happy with the product that was offered and sold to him/her.
Pressurised but fun Environment
Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP29 September 2015
Reaching target could be difficult at times but our manager would see to it that we were not frustrated and we would engage in fun activities to build team spirit.
Pros
Gala dinners