Flight Centre

Flight Centre Management reviews

management
If you do not have the right management, then you won't be able to hit profit. Put the right people in the right positon, see your business grow not only in profit but a good working environment
Pros
making that welcome back phone call and hearing how the holiday was
Cons
people making up their travel budget when there is none
1,0
Long Hours
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing.
I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
Target driven
I would compile quotes for holidays, keep up to date with countries travel requirements, rules and regulations as well as keep informed of current events worldwide that might affect some tours or travel destinations.
Management was adequate and the environment was enthusiastic and competitive. I learned a lot about different countries and cultures, which I really enjoyed cultivating and enjoyed sending people on their "dream" vacations without any hitches.
Pros
Travel incentives
Cons
Working on weekends and the uniform
Young, Vibrant and Fun.
I enjoy most about my job is the culture, the ability to discus anything. The availability of management for discussions and to put forward ideas. Seeing those ideas grow and implemented makes my job worthwhile. Workplace culture is young energetic and fun, recognition given when deserved.

I have learnt to step out of my comfort zone and not be afraid speak out about concerns, negotiation and keeping the client happy. Building that relationship is vital to any organisation.
Pros
Freedom to work independently.
Cons
Not being given the correct tools to be more productive.
Amazing company
I loved Flight Centre, every day was a new experience and learning opportunity. I learned how to manage a business, manage people, taking responsibility, leading by example and mostly how to have fun.
Management was supportive, and had an open door policy. Co workers, different personalities, but at the end of the day team work makes a winning shop and business. I loved planning and booking amzing holidays for clients, booking flights and getting the best rates and still make money, that is fun!
Pros
award evenings
Cons
write offs
1,0
Stressful but rewarding
I enjoyed this position very much as it was something else every day... no day was the same, no enquiry or booking was the same.
I have learned a lot from this company on general travel knowledge etc.

Co workers and management was not as involved and helpful as I would have liked or preferred.

Very long hours in the mall, and weekends as well as public holidays.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Very long hours
fun working environment
very busy day at work, i learnt sales techniques that is proven to work efficiently. had very supportive management. the most enjoyable part of my job was closing a sale and knowing that my client was happy with the product that was offered and sold to him/her.
Interactive work place
Working as a Travel Agent has allowed me to gain a lot of experience in organizing travel arrangements. Its has given me the opportunity to learn more about the world, required visas, responsibility and time management
Pros
Educationals on different products and properties
Cons
Can be very stressful