Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Flight Centre
Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 April 2017
This position was office based and focused on sales of airline tickets and package holidays. It was a stressful environment but enjoyable and I learned how to manage my time efficiently and accuracy was a necessity for this position.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with persons travelling because of the death of a loved one.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture that they embraced.
Pros
Culture and People
Great opportunity for growth
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 April 2017
I really enjoyed working for Flight Centre. A typical day at work included a great amount of learning and further developing incredible levels of social and inter-pesonal skills. It was some of favorite employment and I will always remember it as some of my best employee experience ever.
Pros
Free meals
4,0
Productive and customer service always first.
Travel Expert (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 March 2017
Very busy and productive work day, meet new people everyday, great customer experience at the top of the list, learn how to sell everyday to different types of people, good all round procedures in place to ensure minimal risk to company and client. Hardest part of the job, long hours, and selling outside of clients intended budget. Good work culture through out company and travel opportunities, most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of creating great holiday experiences and be part of client best memories.
Pros
Discounted travel opportunities
Cons
long hours and weekends 7 day work weeks
5,0
Hard working by sacrificing family duties for success.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 March 2017
Great company to work for and develop work experience and understand responsibilities and work ethics.
Patience are valuable to working with team-mates.
3,0
Fun Workplace, but no work/life balance
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng24 January 2017
Good company to work for with good benefits and very nice people, but unfortunately not a good work/life balance.

Opportunities for career change and improvement are great.
Young, Vibrant and Fun.
Jnr Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackheath, Gauteng20 January 2017
I enjoy most about my job is the culture, the ability to discus anything. The availability of management for discussions and to put forward ideas. Seeing those ideas grow and implemented makes my job worthwhile. Workplace culture is young energetic and fun, recognition given when deserved.

I have learnt to step out of my comfort zone and not be afraid speak out about concerns, negotiation and keeping the client happy. Building that relationship is vital to any organisation.
Pros
Freedom to work independently.
Cons
Not being given the correct tools to be more productive.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng30 December 2016
It's a great company that offers a variety of opportunities and the culture is exciting and people orientated. Recognition and reward is a large part of the culture.
Pros
Free dinners and incentives
Great Company to work for
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng9 July 2016
It was an amazing Company I do miss the Culture and the growth opportunity that it provided, The main reason that I left was the fact that it required too much "party" versus "productivity"
5,0
good company to work for
National Manager Ticket Centre (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 May 2016
I learned new systems and dealing with people and complaints, troubleshooting errors. I learned that there is always a solution to any problem. My co-workers became family and we supported each other in order to get through the day, the hardest part of the job for me was not succeeding saving money for my clients and the most enjoyable was hard work reaps benefits.
Amazing company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng25 May 2016
I loved Flight Centre, every day was a new experience and learning opportunity. I learned how to manage a business, manage people, taking responsibility, leading by example and mostly how to have fun.
Management was supportive, and had an open door policy. Co workers, different personalities, but at the end of the day team work makes a winning shop and business. I loved planning and booking amzing holidays for clients, booking flights and getting the best rates and still make money, that is fun!
Pros
award evenings
Cons
write offs
3,0
We Deliver amazing travel experience to our clients and make their dreams come true
Leisure Travel Expert (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 May 2016
 Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
 Liaising with clients in person, over the phone or via email to discuss their travel requirements.
 Advising clients on suitable options for domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.
 Preparing customized itineraries to suit the clients’ preferences and budget.
Pros
free educational trips to different parts of the world
Cons
long hours - 7 days a week - low commission structure
TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 April 2016
It was an amazing company to start my career in travel. I grew so much in the company, on a personal and professional level
Pros
writing your own paycheck
Cons
gossiping and company cullture
1,0
Stressful but rewarding
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal16 February 2016
I enjoyed this position very much as it was something else every day... no day was the same, no enquiry or booking was the same.
I have learned a lot from this company on general travel knowledge etc.
Co workers and management was not as involved and helpful as I would have liked or preferred.

Very long hours in the mall, and weekends as well as public holidays.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Very long hours
fun working environment
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP29 January 2016
very busy day at work, i learnt sales techniques that is proven to work efficiently. had very supportive management. the most enjoyable part of my job was closing a sale and knowing that my client was happy with the product that was offered and sold to him/her.
Pressurised but fun Environment
Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP29 September 2015
Reaching target could be difficult at times but our manager would see to it that we were not frustrated and we would engage in fun activities to build team spirit.
Pros
Gala dinners
Unlimited oppertunity
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pretoria (South Africa)25 January 2015
Flight Centre offers you the opportunity you grow at you own pace. With unlimited earning potential you have the Challenge and opportunity to earn way more then the standard salary within this industry. With a very rich culture you get rewarded for the work you do. Obviously travel is also part of the package. No 2 days are ever the same.

Honesty the best company to work for.
great
Travelconsultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GP29 April 2014
a typical day at work its booking 5 or more flights
i report to my team leader his not bad at all very helpful
its only two people currently in the store so hardly talk as my team leader does not like talking about his life
its when i deal with a difficult client
its when i reach my target and i know my salary will be good
Pros
half day
Cons
difficult client
Interactive work place
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC2 August 2013
Working as a Travel Agent has allowed me to gain a lot of experience in organizing travel arrangements. Its has given me the opportunity to learn more about the world, required visas, responsibility and time management
Pros
Educationals on different products and properties
Cons
Can be very stressful