FTI Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

Constant interaction with other segments and coordinating with them
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY16 May 2018
Extremely busy but doable, challenging at times.It was the type of role where you had to be steps ahead. Focused and observant. Hardest part was trying to get 4 Senior Managing Directors aware of where they had to be, managing their calendars and making flight arrangements, sometimes for all 4 at a time. Most enjoyable was the constant flow of work and being busy.
Mash up of different cultures...
Director, Corporate Finance & Restructuring (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 May 2018
FTI can be great if you line up with the right team. It's hit and miss because the firm is a roll-up of so many small firms. My group did not care about leadership qualities at all.
Large focus on sale but less on delivery
Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA3 May 2018
It felt that we were focused many times on selling something to the client rather than understanding what their needs are and how we could help them. This led to challenges in delivery as what we sold wasn't always what they really needed us to do.
Consultora prestigiosa
Consultor Senior Digital (Former Employee) –  Bogotá1 May 2018
Buen lugar para crecer y liderar con grandes clientes y posibilidades de desarrollo.
An excellent place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL19 April 2018
An excellent company to work. Despite the long commute to the office i enjoyed working at this company very much.
The employees are very professional and the management is very knowledgeable.
Pros
Nice culture
Cons
I had a long commute
Internship
Strategic Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 April 2018
3 month internship that involved a lot of meaningless tasks. Lot of assisting work.

Lot of monitoring newspapers as it was PR company to see how our clients were being viewed in the public.
Cons
Poor salar
N/a
Senior Director, Technology Services (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC16 April 2018
FTI is a highly competitive environment and work responses are expected around the clock, late into the evenings and over weekends, especially given the global environment we operate under. The team is solid. You can count on everyone you work with to deliver, so there is no question on available resources and work product.
Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY31 March 2018
Working at FTI was a great experience. One of the best aspects was that I got to do a lot of traveling. Working in forensic accounting is very interesting. One of my biggest cases was an insurance fraud case, where I was in Kansas City for six month. There was a team of about 50 of us from all over the country. I made a lot of friends. I also gained a lot of experience in investigative accounting methods.
Pros
good benefits, traveling, management
Good work/life balance
Senior Director, Director, Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC25 March 2018
The work/life balance in my group is good. The company is loosely structured where each group to a large degree works on its own, however there is some cross-functional collaboration as well.
Ability to work as part of a team
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD3 March 2018
Dedicated and enthusiastic place to work and consistently receive outstanding feedback for workshops. Proven expertise in establishing rapport and building trust with staff from a variety of backgrounds,
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Can't say anything bad about the work place
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX1 March 2018
I was very fortunate to be able to work from home during the entire 15 years I was with FTI Consulting. I traveled a few times to the office, but the home office was in Maryland so travel was considered no longer required after about my tenth year.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Worked from home...work sort of never leaves when it's always at your home
Web Marketing Department (New York, NY)
Web Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 February 2018
One of the Directors of Web Marketing department is a micro manager that does not value her employees and sees them as expendable. It will take about 3 months of working in this department for an employee to realize they’ve made a big mistake. The employee turn over rate in this department is very high. I was one of six employees that left this department within the year. Word of advice, if you want to grow your career, look elsewhere.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work culture within department, passive aggressive environment, poor work life balance
Lasting Projects, Direct & Clear Communication, Professional Environment
Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL21 February 2018
Good place to do project attorney work, they keep you busy. Very professional but feels like High school because of their strict no cell phone policy. Other document review places are more relaxed with internet and phone usage so the work is bearable.
Pros
Professional and Expectations are clear
Cons
Strict no phone policy and must pay for parking downtown.
A good place to learn and practice communication strategy
Director, Strategic Communications (Former Employee) –  Beijing21 February 2018
Colleagues are fun. Work from client is quite demanding, but definitely a rewarding experiences for career development. By engaging in other projects with colleagues from another country stretched the capability to handle all sorts of business challenges and issues from clients.
I do not care to answer this question.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Lakes, NJ20 February 2018
FTI Counsulting located in New York City purchased the company I was working for, MBA Actuaries. I made the transition to FTI and they then decided to close our office. They took the former owner of MBA Actuaries with them, but not his support staff, me.
Pros
I do not care to answer this question.
Cons
I do not care to answer this question.
cutthroats, backstabbers and incompentent management
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 February 2018
Leadership has no idea what they're doing with clients and resources and lack vision for the future of the group (Corp. Fin's OCFO). In fact, a few of the Managing Directors on staff have never worked in consulting before and do not know the industry cycles or how to professionally deal with clients. This group has the potential to become an outstanding service provider with the firm but has a lot of growing up to do if it wants to make it. Managing Directors make decisions based on "perception", not facts. This is not a good way to run a business or motivate employees.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
everything else, people, culture, work life balance
see below
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NY12 February 2018
Great place to work, smart people, very collaborative. Also competitive and you must consistently maintain the highest level of professionalism and quality of work product.
Review
Senior Consultant - Restructuring Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 February 2018
Well known restructuring firm. Experience at firm can vary widely based on deals you are staffed on. Some deals can extend over 1-2 years. Extensive travel required.
Great Entry Level Opportunities
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MD1 February 2018
Great entry level opportunities, for the self driven. Amazing exposure and learning opportunities for enterprise level IT support and the operations of many different systems and software.

The immediate culture and my coworkers are amazing. I would recommend for anyone starting their career.
Traditional Corporate Environment
Associate, Corporate Finance & Restructuring (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA27 January 2018
Large firm allowing various opportunities for career development depending on manager. Daily workload varies depending on client needs and projects. Good compensation and benefits. Company functions in a disjointed manner. Groups within firm all operate independently and there is very little collaboration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FTI Consulting, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7