G Adventures Employee Reviews

2,0
disorganized.
marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
G Adventures is incredibly disorganzied. Nice people, but the lack of communication, and constant change, along with multiple people to report to, makes this place hard to handle on a daily basis.
Pros
Generous with time off, and travel perks are pretty sweet.
Cons
Disorganized and chaotic
Global Connection Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
Very engagement oriented- lots of events, beer o'clock, snack cart
laid back work environment
room for development and growth
Management is questionable
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Low pay
4,0
Great place to start your career.
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2018
There is so much that can be said about G adventures but there not enough room. There are negatives where it's not the most competitive salary, neither the room for growth. This is a fantastic place to start your career in any industry !
Pros
travel, beer, free lunches, benefits
4,0
A great place to start your career, grow & develop and enjoy a good work/life balance
Trade Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2018
G Adventures is a great place for a young professional to gain experience in their career field. This is a fast paced environment where you are constantly juggling different projects and learning something new on a daily basis. The culture here is fantastic and management gives you the freedom to grow and develop constantly.
4,0
Good place depending on goals and position
IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2018
G Adventures has an incredibly intoxicating company culture that can woo you but you have to be careful to not be taken advantage of. It's a work hard/party hard atmosphere and great if you're after exciting work in a growing business. They are ever changing and if you're able to change with them, it can be a very rewarding place to work.
Pros
free trips, popcorn, ice cream and snacks
Cons
High expectations and lower compensation than other industries and businesses
Productive and Fun loving Culture
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgetown, barbados7 May 2018
Great company to work with great comradery, great immediate supervisor. The company had a great mission statement that was evident in the culture of the company.
Phenomenal Company
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver11 October 2017
Great place to work. Tourism is always among the lower paying careers, and G Adventures is competitive. Great culture, great benefits. It's a very fun and exciting place to work.
Pros
Amazing culture, lots of talent
Cons
The offices are a bit scattered geographically, which means most career advancement requires relocating.
3,0
A lot of work. Low pay
Tour Leader (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA28 June 2017
Your compensation for work is so low because they believe your main form of payment is that you get to travel and see places. Hard to believe that when you are working from 6am till midnight every day while dealing with passengers that constantly expect a lot from you.
Great work enviroment
CEO (CHIEF EXPERIENCE OFFICER) / TOUR LEADER (Former Employee) –  Lima - Peru17 March 2017
Working with G Adventures was like working with your family. Everybody knew everybody due to the social media system we all shared, and with this, you can count in your coworkers (in the field or at the office) to help you in any situation.
The culture and philosophy of the company gets you involved with projects that help communities in the countries you visit with your travelers, and they learned about the culture not just by visiting the touristic areas, but from real people with whom they interact.
The managers were always available for you when you needed them, in summary G Adventures is a great company to work with.
Pros
Traveling around South America as part of my job
Cons
difficult passengers, but nothing that bad
Experience of a lifetime
Chief Experience Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA21 January 2017
Working for G adventures is unlike any job you've ever had. As a CEO every day is different from watching the sunset at the Grand Canyon to sleeping under the stars in Monument Valley. The best part of the job is getting to share your love for travel and adventure with others and getting to see the look on their faces as you show them new and exciting things.
Pros
travel, adventure, outdoors
Cons
little free time, physically exhausting
Great job
CEO - chief experience officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 December 2016
Learning something new every day, traveling the country, getting to know new people, working with like-minded individuals, waking up with sunrise and going to sleep after the campfire, need to be flexible, outgoing, fast-thinking, and okay with minimal pay at the exchange of accommodation, ability to be outside and in nature or great cities and towns every day, some meals provided, and a dream job!
Pros
Fun, adventure, traveling, new people
Cons
Low salary, no benefits, don't determine schedule
5,0
Demanding and fun work environment
Chief Experiential Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 October 2016
G Adventures was an opportunity to travel the country and share its beauty with others from all over the world.

This position requires you to give your all in order to be a successful CEO (Chief Experiential Officer).
Pros
Commission, Free services (ex. helicopter ride over Grand Canyon), traveling the country
Cons
Very little time off and tips are not guaranteed
5,0
"Working there is not a job is a call"
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
These are words by the owner and they are very real.
No matter what tittle you have you feel a part of something bigger.
We work and party hard all the time.
G Adventures - great culture, senior management lack supporting skills
Product & Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  London31 March 2016
I loved working for G Adventures, in theory, the company core values and what they stand for states one thing which was an easy fit for me, as this is how I am live my life.
I loved the people I worked with, my job was not entirely what they said it would and lacked a lot of the systems needed to run the role and region. No consideration from senior management was given for this.
I did not get the support, encouragement and support as a person and in my role from senior management. My work was not acknowledged and even when KPI's were met, this was not ever noticed.

It was difficult to maintain a good work life balance, as I put in my all for all that I do, and I feel that my skills and strengths were not being utilised to its full potential
Travel for Work
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  South America24 February 2016
The work was incredible and very flexible despite the rigorous schedule. Guiding small groups through the Southern Cone of South America. Speaking multiple languages and discovering new cultures with the responsibility to show like minded individuals the best the world has to offer us as tourists.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Healthcare
5,0
The most enjoyable part of the job
CEO and Adventure Tour Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA21 October 2015
When I would be in a really good group of 20 travelers, who had just met a few weeks ago and they already seemed like old friends. Everyone gets to share this once in a lifetime experience and its so great knowing that I was there to make it all a reality.
Very fun environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  19 Charlotte st. Toronto, ON24 May 2015
My typical day at work involves filing or scanning or organizing the paper work put out by the Accounts Payable department. It is a very independent job but I get to experience all of the perks of being part of the G Adventures community. I get to work my own hours and everyone is very nice and helpful.
2,0
Not all it's cracked up to be
Ooops...thought it was a good idea! (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2014
Yes it is a great place to work, a lot of fun, and a lot of perks, but the work load is intense and it is expected to work way outside of our regular 8 hours in a day without compensation.

Management is very judgmental and is quick to form opinions about other employees. If your manager doesn't like you, watch out!

It is a valuable place to earn experience.
Pros
Party, party party
Cons
Long hours and not compensated for it.
3,0
Business Development, Training and Marketing
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 June 2012
Had the pleasure to share with our travel agent partners all the exciting and fun travel experience G Adventures prides itself on.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
to many states to cover 15