G4S Employee Reviews

Found 206 reviews matching the search See all 11 260 reviews
Very interesting
Ncc Controller (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 June 2019
I work in the national control center for g4s a shift consists of 12 hours ,I work with clients and g4s employees on a daily bases (day shift and night shifts ) . My daily task consist of many skills but with company policy it is convectional to the extents .
I have learnt customer service , telephonic ethics, working under intense pressure , computer skills , , switch board skills, cctv skills , managing skills , logging technical calls , incident reports .
Our management is on the ball at all times motivating , inspiring respectful to the staff as well as keeping the company standards.
Our workplace culture is impeccable working 12 hours a shift for 6 days we are very supportive, respectful, committed ,violent ,involved ,work with pride , very clean environment and the most important part is working in a team as sometimes we have to take risks for the safety of others .
The hardest part of my job would be working under presser ..
The most enjoyable part of my job is my new family and having challengers
Pros
Pension night, Allowance, Over time
2,0
incompetent management
SITE SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 May 2019
During my time with G4S I found the company to be professional however the management left a lot to be desired.
I had in many cases had to arrange for the site to run properly where it was the managers' responsibility.
Another eg. is to my great loss my manager failed to registered my A Grade course which I did with the Company and personally paid for subsequently I am still B Graded.
Since then I was informed that the Company G4S has fired the manager and has lost many sites due to his incompetency
It is tragic to see a big company like this producing these results.
I was very unhappy and unsettled. It affected me so to leave the company and seek other employment.Things have never been the same since
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
Lack of good communication with staff on sites
5,0
Excellent to do the job ur trained for, especially under supervision of well knowledgeable ppl
security officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 May 2019
It's was fun journey for me working with different ppl &learning a lot to gain experience. Hard work it pays at the end & it helps to be patient at all times to achieve ur goals. Respect, Respect ur colleagues & appreciate their guidance
Pros
Free transportation to work
Cons
Long hours & sometimes double shift
3,0
I enjoyed working in some of the sites, but in other sites environment was not condusive
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 May 2019
Sometimes I used to work under a lot of pressure but I afforded, sometimes work condition were unfavourable but I managed. Enjoying working with diversity groups.
Pros
I enjoyed free lunches
Cons
I was always available whenever I was needed to support somewhere
Excellent
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 April 2019
Working closely to different cabinet ministers taught me to work under pressure and how to deal with different characters and how to be professional .
Pros
Awards of perfomance
Cons
Pressure
Productively awesome
security officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 March 2019
Contact expired while I was still enjoying the presence of Kuwait ambassador
Resources are enough for any task
management very responsive
Payment in hours before the pay date
Pros
own food
Cons
12 hour shift
Fun and Productive
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 February 2019
I have learned a lot from this company regarding the security services, I was send sent to many training courses and development courses. It was fun working there when I come out of their security training course that was run like a army base at the East Rand. The management was very strict but fare to all of the guards. I still follow their management style and I have achieve a lot through it
Pros
My first security experience gained
Cons
After Hour visits
5,0
good
Investigating Officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 February 2019
G4s is a good company to work at i dont regret working at G4s & should i get any opportunity to join G4s i wont mind going back again and become a family again.
Pros
Cons
eight
productive
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 January 2019
• Enforcing discipline on the security officers which are deployed on the site.
• Onsite training of the security officers to make sure they know what is required from them.
• Drafting of the Duty Rosters and monthly reports.
• Ensuring that all equipments and registers which are on site are up to date and are in good working conditions.
• Attending and resolving Client’s complains and attending weekly and monthly meeting with the Client.
• Ensuring that patrols are properly conducted.
• Planning of security officer’s leave and operational.
• Investigate client and employees’ complaints.
• Interviewing potential candidates for employment.
• Conduct disciplinary hearing.
Pros
free lunch time
Cons
12 hours
Lovely enviroment
Bank marshal (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape17 January 2019
Loved working there just long hours, great before i had a child. all staff are loving and happy work environment, lots of place for growrth and always great advancements
5,0
very good environment to work at
security officer (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape16 January 2019
guarding and securing people on a special events
escorting cash in transit
handling and use of firearm for business purposes
good working environment
taking good care of us as workers
Pros
non
Cons
very long Hours
5,0
awesome place to work at
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 January 2019
loved working at G4S,amazing company and lots of benefits,awesome people to work with and a very lenient company,very well established and the hours are not that bad.
benefits
Cons
shifts
good place to be
security officer (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng7 November 2018
Good place to work in ,with challenges and opportunities to move on with life ,place need person to be carefully because all the important people or nedbank managers are there
5,0
I'm production and fruitful to company
security supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng24 October 2018
I need to be part of this gigantic company and learn more from it,. I hope to be given an opportunity to work with you and I will be able to help to be grow financially and create more job to young people.
Pros
Own meal
Cons
Willing to do extra work
2,0
insightfull
Access Controller (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng18 October 2018
i only worked there for a very short period of time since i was employed there for one year only. however working there exposed me to this path am now pursuing.
Decent workplace
security officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 August 2018
Work with numorous clients and customers
Be polite at all times
Be aware of all movements around and on premises
Be decently dressed with your security uniform
Pros
own meals
Cons
12hours
4,0
Productive and loved it there
Security receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 July 2018
Gained alot of experience where i was based at UCT.Staff was kind and helpfull for the years i was there.Had alot of opportunities to improve my skills and to better myself.
Productive and fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Umtata, Eastern Cape14 July 2018
I've had a really good experience with the company, i mean the work environment, the working hours, management, equipment.
When you are new at G4S you get someone who will take you through as to what happens in there, the full training is provided.
When you are a hardworker at the company you get noticed and appreacited, hours there are not do demanding unless its during the busy time that is at the end of the month, that is the only time you get to work insane hours.
One gets an hour lunch break for the day and you get to choose your day-offs.
Theres room for growth there if u showing interest in a higher post you be given a chance to prove yourself.
Pros
End year functions and trips
my experience
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sasol Secunda19 June 2018
I received so much experience in this field and they gave me so much opportunity I ended up getting a chance to be a post supervisor,,i have gain so muich experience in the security industry
Great Company to work
Logistigs Controller (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng12 May 2018
This is a great company to work but no grow possibilities in the near future in the division i am working. A typical day will be doing track and trace, Batsa vehicles that depart back and reporting it on the group to management. Vehicles testing panics and 2 way radios. Creating google sheets for the day open all needed tracking programs. I have learned so much in this company. Management is great they are not on your back. No racism. There is no hardest part it is what you make of your job. Is to motivate the guys you working with. Answering and sending out emails to the necessary people. Arranging Services for BATSA Vehicles.
Pros
Christmas lunch
Cons
No Growing in company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

3,4