GetSmarter

GetSmarter Management reviews

4,0
Where careers come to grow
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 December 2017
There are few other companies that I'm aware of that have as much career opportunities than GetSmarter.

GetSmarter offers the energy and innovation of a startup but the security of an established business.

Opportunity is yours to take if you're willing to work smart, not just hard.

Work/life balance/integration can be difficult in a high-performance culture, so it's important to establish boundaries for yourself.

Talent spends a good amount of effort on developing and nurturing leadership skills for the management team and the greater team.

Some of the brightest minds work at GetSmarter, this might be one of the most exciting things - to have access to a range of really intelligent people who can teach you in different ways.
Pros
Access to a gym, in-house yoga and pilates classes, the most amazing barista, great company culture.
Cons
Work/life balance can difficult at times.
5,0
Working at GS is an incredible opportunity
Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 December 2017
GetSmarter provides an environment that enables it's employees to grow. It has created a space that takes care of it's employees physical and mental well being - the in-house gym, canteen with healthy subsidised meals, shower facilities and great leave policies are all focus around making sure we have what we need to do our best work.

The CEO is inspiring and really cares about the company - although there are over 300 employees now he will always make the effort to engage with people regardless of the situation. The culture is one where every team is constantly striving to be better and go above and beyond. It's a special company.

The work is different every single day - as a startup that very quickly accelerated into a corporate there is constant change and that can be tough if you're not adaptable. However it can also be incredibly exciting and challenging! The work is never boring and because we keep all creative, marketing and content in-house we all work together to achieve outcomes.
Pros
Canteen, gym, culture - great team work ethic
Cons
You need to be very flexible and adaptable to manage all the change
5,0
meeting all different cultures and race.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 October 2016
Setting your priorities for the day. Contacting clients from the day before for feedback and updates. What I learnt was time management is important. Very good team I worked with. Learning something new from my colleagues and sharing ideas. Hardest part of the job is to reach targets. I enjoyed the friendship and the occasions like dressing up and playing games. Very relaxed environment accommodating to all its employees different needs. Management was professional, transparent and very easy to approach with ideas.
Pros
free gym at any time
Cons
targets