GHH Mining Machines Employee Reviews

3,5Pay & Benefits
3,0Job Security & Advancement
3,0
My first introduction to the Mining sector
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 July 2018
Enjoyed being a part of the team that managed to streamline the procurement and inventory management systems.

Lots of travel around the country which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Good working hours.

Biggest challenge was to get buy in from management team who were not ready for change.

Strong Afrikaans culture which was a bit of a challenge for me being of Portuguese, Italian, & Irish decent.

The business encompasses production, distribution and service in their offerings. This giving me valuable experience in multiple supply chain processes.
productive and nice workshop
Boilermaker Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng8 January 2017
everyday is different from another. management is so helpful and understand people as individuals. there is a good team to work with. The most boring part of the job is when one is working on the rebuilds because there is a lot of fumes when cutting the areas to be repaired. I enjoy working on new projects.
Pros
free lunches on weekends
Interesting
Key Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng12 May 2016
I enjoyed my time at the company during my Service Manager phase
as the senior Manager I reported too was supportive,

I learned a great deal about the product line and the underground mining environment.

Hardest part was not been able to make decisions without Senior Managements pre-approval relating to frustrated clients as a simple decision some times took a while to be made.
Pros
Commission of sales
Cons
Fustrating
Very producvtive
auto electrician (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW21 May 2015
I have the ability to diagnose, isolate the electrical problem and make the necessary repairs to get the equipment back in excellent running condition. I can replace any parts that are worn or damaged and make certain alterations when necessary. I have excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide accurate estimates before beginning the work.
Productive and Challenging workplace
Hydraulic Fitter (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg17 November 2012
A day where you have to work for more than ten hours to meat deadlines for Machine delivery.I have learnt a lot on time management and proper planning.My core-workers are a great team of cooperative people and the hardest part of the job is initial start up of the machine.The most enjoyable part of the job is when the machine is signed up for approval.
Pros
surprise braiis
Cons
long hours sometimes