Gibb

Gibb Employee Reviews

3,0
to work together as a team
ER / RE Team leader stage 1 (Former Employee) –  various areas14 October 2019
Solved unforeseen problems
To work as a team with the Contractor
They should be more involved with the works
Natural
To maintain a friendly environment between the different parties involved
End of contract to see the final outcome thereof
2,0
Not a nice deaprture
Technical Executive, Rail (Former Employee) –  Woodmead20 May 2019
Was forced out of the company due to changes in the economy. Wanted to contiue in railbat had to move to power. I was told not to work on any rail porjects anymore
productive and educative
Enviromantal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 February 2019
the working environment is friendly and this is a company were you get to grow professionally and take you from a lower level to a new level of understanding
3,0
it is a nice palce to work for
Creditors Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gauteng22 November 2018
plane your day
you learn more everyday
mangement is fare
we work as a team
when you received the work load late and it but you under presser
when all your datelines is done on time and it is reconzed.
fun place
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng20 November 2018
Very nice and fun company to work for. Employees get along very well. A bit fast paced and needs someone very focused and who pays attention to details.
4,0
Amazing company to work with
Environmental Intern (Current Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal8 December 2017
- Project Administration
- Various Site Inspections
- Dust Fallout Monitoring
- Ambient Air Quality Monitoring
- Proposal and Tender Administration
- Quality control (internal efficiency improvements)
- Assistance with various Licensing and Sustainability Projects, providing input in the following:
• Environmental Basic Assessment Report (BAR)
• Environmental Management Plan (EMP)
• Water Use License ( WULA)
• Integrated Waste Water Management Plan (IWWMP)
Project engineering consulting
Rail Operations Consultant/Project Admin (Current Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng16 October 2017
Work ethic and business principals are satisfying for this working environment.
All cultures represented.
Open door policies.
Great development opportunities for engineering career.
Friendly co-workers
Pros
canteen, arranged flexi time hours
Cons
time line driven thus long hours until job is done - time off in lieu of overtime worked
Relaxed work environment
Student Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 July 2017
It was very professional. There was a nice culture of colleagueship, which was epitomised by the numerous little work breaks they had. The staff was diverse age wise and they always seemed eager to chat.
Productive and fun workday
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 March 2016
Enjoyable day for working place, i always learn new thing almost everyday sometimes not related to Civil Engineering. Gibb takes a good care of their employers, my co-workers work together and nice with me.
4,0
Overall busy from early morning, was quite different on a daily basis. Working with different business units and managers. 24 hour turn around time
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sunninghills8 July 2015
It was a great company to work for, learning different dimensions of professional engineers, their way of thinking and operations
Pros
I was working most of the time independantly
Cons
Low error tolerance
Engineering Geologist
Engineering Geologist , Pr Sci Nat (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 August 2014
I worked In Diamond mines as a Trainee Geologist . Engineering Geologist From 2010 TO present. I have done SITE INVESTIGATION various projects. I worked in Ghana, Tanzania, Guinea , Namibia , Lesotho and south Africa doing site investigations and reports for open pit mines. Now I am involved in a Dam project doing site investigation and Reports for the foundation and outlet tunnel
Refer to CV
Programme Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ladysmith, ZN30 June 2014
Programme Engineer

As Programme Engineer my main focus is to lease with (Lot A - Mechanical), (Lot D – Mechanical auxiliaries), (Lot E – Electrical), (BCJV - Design) and (BCJV – Quality) departments with regards to internal interfacing of the Main Underground Civil Works (MUCV) Project Managements Team of Eskom “Our Client” and reporting to the PM. The other external interfaces managed is with the main Civil Works Contractor (CMI) and Voith. My main responsibilities is:
• Interface Management as described above
• Environmental Management
• Health & Safety according the Mines Health & Safety Act
• Programme Management & Tracking
• Construction Management according to the activities Planned
• Contractual Management according to NEC3 Option B.

The Ingula Pumped Storage Scheme consists of an upper reservoir, a lower reservoir, an underground power house complex with access tunnels and associated waterways that link the two reservoirs and ancillary works that include buildings, roads, transmission lines and temporary and permanent infrastructure.

The rated generating capacity of the scheme is nominally 1 334MW with an energy storage capacity of 21 000MWh. The underground power house complex consists of a machine hall, a transformer hall and other associated tunnels and caverns. Budgeted for MUCV at R11 Billion and overall budget of R 28 Billion.
Lots of Work but no Aprriciation
Sr. Draughtsman (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg14 January 2013
Environment is not very friendly. They are giving me 3 peoples job in one person's salary. Giving lots of work but not giving any appreciation. They are extending my contract every year but not giving me long term contract.
Co-workers are very old and put their work on me. It's hard to work with very old people as they don't want to accept new technologies.
I am not enjoying working with them any more that's why looking for another job.