Gijima Employee Reviews

ICT Company in South Africa
System Engineer (Server Support) (Former Employee) –  South Africa23 April 2019
Started as IT Helpdesk Agent, worked my way to IT Secondline Support, Problem Management Team and ended as a Server Support Engineer. Day-to-Day as server support I managed 12 domains across 4 companies (client companies). Looking after Active Directory, Application servers and their respective Applications, Web servers which included Managing and maintaining Web certificates and uptime.
We were 3 Server engineers looking after 3 data centers.
Worked with Network team when needed.

During IT Help desk and IT Second line i dealt with staff and also clients daily adhering to SLA targets and client satisfaction.

I worked on, and supported various systems which includes, Windows 7 - 10, Server 2003 - 2012

Company Language English.
Pros
big company with lots of growth
Cons
Limited to South Africa
Enjoyed my years there
Application developer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 December 2018
I worked hard and made good friends in my years at Gijima. It was a good company to work for and management was involved and pro-active. I gained valuable experience while working there.
1,0
Hard Labour with poor support from management and poor salary.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg3 December 2018
no rewards for your hard work, not appreciated, no increases relating to salaries. endless driving going to service the speed points and having no time to take a break.
Cons
long hours, poor salary
5,0
Help Desk Technician + Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga17 November 2018
Great company to work for. One of the leading IT companies in South Africa. They also pay their employees very well, depending on the experience they have.
Excellent Company
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal15 August 2018
I really loved working at Gijima, Learnt so much from this company.

People was always so willing to assist when i came across any problems. Wonderful work space. This is what an ideal Job is supposed to be from people and benefits provided for their staff.

It was really sad to leave due to a 197 section transfer from ABSA.
busy
Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal26 June 2018
a typical week would start with a meeting early in the morning, then every day you have calls ranging from minor to critical calls"which have to be attended within the SLA"
Pros
car allowance
Professional IT Services
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 June 2018
I learned so much at Gijima that I will forever have a fastidious believe in myself and what I do!
Management is always open and approachable regarding anything.
Nation wide services allow for relocation to any branch in South Africa.
Growth in one of South Africa's first completely black owned companies
Work Place
NEC Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 June 2018
Client log faults with our helpdesk, and in turn we try and resolve any telephony problems experienced by the client. I work with absolutely great people, always willing to lend a helping hand when in need. I learnt a great deal about the voice industry as I come from a more IT support field, but this allowed me to gain great experience and also to expand my knowledge. The hardest part of this job when clients are demanding to resolve an issue that takes longer than expected, as well as employees that are frustrated that something isn't working, so they cannot think clearly in providing you with information that could result in resolving the problem. The part I enjoy the most is the fact that it engages my mind, it keeps me on my toes, and there is always something new to learn.
constant change
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 May 2018
1. Working under pressure

2. Learning a lot at Gijima

3. Learning a lot from my co-workers

4. The hardest part of the job, Should be to deal with angry customers. But I like challenges and doing more that what is expected

5.The most enjoyable part of the job. Learning on a daily basis
Pros
Meeting new people and learning more daily
Cons
No salary increase and no growth
Fun
Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  East London17 April 2018
i enjoyed working at gijima for a number of yeares. the staff is amazing and they are easy to get along with. one thing ill there is management. ill go back anytime.
Pros
No Overtime
Cons
Long Hours
2,0
Gijima
TSE (Current Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng20 January 2018
Land of broken promises, work is fine but conditions versus benefits and payments are not so good, lack of proper tools makes working harder, overall just a stop over until one can get someone/place that can appreciate your skills
3,0
Workplace to be used as a stepping stone towards future opportunities
Infrastructure Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 January 2018
This company, although they proclaim to be 'the best', does not look after the employees at all
Employees are used as a means to generate income for the Executive management, and are neglected and ill treated
Employees are subject to going for years without proper increases and/or incentives
Pros
Good stepping stone as exposure is given to a wide array of skills
Cons
Employees are neglected and ill treated
1,0
Always busy with Restructuring
Team leader / Manager for DR, Backup, Midrange (Former Employee) –  Centurion7 November 2017
Always busy with Restructuring
Outsourcing
motivating unhappy staff
Succesful DR tests
No clear strategy and a lack of vision
No sucession plannig
No increases
Pros
Cons
Unhappy enviornment - Retrenchment always in your face
4,0
Great company to work for
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa9 October 2017
I really enjoyed working for Gijima and would have stayed except I had other plans and Gijima did not have possitions available for me in the area I wished to work in
Pros
Fixed working hours were great and Work based scenarios
Cons
Location was the challenge for me at the time
Great company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng4 August 2017
There is nothing much to say I was an intern there. Great collegues and managers I enjoy being there but I felt like I should go out and explore more even now I sill do
New challenge every day
Field Service Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng13 July 2017
Its a good company to work for and I have joined Gijima I have learnt so much as we work as a team.
Most importantly we support each other in ever task that was assigned to us and also share knowledge base and resource to resolve user Issues efficiently on SLA.
2,0
Work day
Software Architect (Former Employee) –  Gauteng4 May 2017
Work 8 hours per day, don't take lunch, self management, flexi hours, mainly responsible for the design and development of new application, assist junior developers
Professional working environment.
Sytems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng24 April 2017
Professional working environment.
Many opportunities for growth. A multi cultural environment. Excellent communication culture bidirectional in nature.
Fun and Great Workplace
System Support (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng19 April 2017
Nice building with great offices with air conditioners and coffee machines installed. Diversity there is great, you get to know other people's culture and lifestyle while respecting that.
3,0
Productive ,very challenging and good experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng18 April 2017
Usually a very busy and productive day with all the necessary backup and support Working at Gijima was a good experience the only problem is lack of training and job uncertainty due to retrenchment talks every year end
Pros
Company car and fuel
Cons
Job uncertainly