Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews

2,0
hard job but good paid
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes25 November 2019
very hard job but very good money, head office not really ok, they only looking how to save some money, nobody care about you, cutting hours, working all days
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes19 November 2019
Good team work , on the floor , kitchen and management as well.
But , too manny people from the same nationality makes you feel like holidays!, that's mean that ere times that i could heard only polish! sorry guys! :)
3,0
good
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Greenhithe30 October 2019
good pay good staff food good menu too big and mostly frozen unfortunately, I worked here for four years but was made redundant which was a shock to the team
3,0
Ambiente de trabajo intenso.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  inglaterra1 October 2019
Es una buena empresa para empezar en el mundo de hospitaleria pero es importante seguir adelante con mejores restaurantes cuando ya tenga experiencia ya que las horas son muy largas y no hay via social.
Pros
Ser manager
Cons
No hay descanso
1,0
Just avoid
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 August 2019
Not for chefs , if u are a chef then just avoid this Company,
Once a very good company to work for but not anymore,
They are treating chefs as slave, as a head chef you have to work morning till close with just one chef working with you and u might not get chance to have a glass of water,
money is good but be careful again they are not trustworthy, u might not get paid your holiday money.
fun work place
second chef (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City26 August 2019
Good place to work. Friendly management. Busy restaurant in city centre. I have learned how to prepare food from different parts of world. Good staff
Very dead
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex1 July 2019
It is a boring place to work in, honestly no fun in there at all and the management team is terrible. Food is ok, but everything else is horrible, never wanted to come into work, always made me moody.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Boring
fun work place
Head waitress (Former Employee) –  Dubai25 June 2019
Good working environment,great experience offers all necessary training that staff need ,food hygiene,fire warden product knowledge ,friendly staff,team work
Pros
free lunch and coffee
5,0
fun workplace, good team and managers
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 June 2019
giraffe world kitchen was a fun place to work however after 6 months of working there, the place was due to close at the end of june. However it shut down 7 weeks prior to this with only 6 days notice. The newcastle team I worked for and with were great and it was a shame the place had to close.
5,0
Good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2019
I m willing person ,polite and charismatic on time at work and I like work as team and by myself.For me the best quality at work always be yourself and always try to do the best for you and for guess
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire20 May 2019
Giraffe experience was amazing, i learn plenty and have a overall grate experience with it. Unfortunately company is closing restaurant and due to situation Iam looking for new beginning.
kitchen
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen16 April 2019
I worked sometimes over 50 hours a week. I was responsible for the dishes I was issuing, for the cleanliness of the kitchen and the safety of the staff, I was reporting, I was counting the stock and I was making orders for the kitchen and the restaurant. As Head Chef, I did not have full training. The company's budget was limited. I trained a new staff. We worked in a very small group. He gets along well with the employees.
Pros
break one hours or two
Cons
full time
1,0
Chef
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Bath15 April 2019
The worst place I ever work in my entire life, no support at all for the chefs, stressful and hard work 😓. Whatsoever not the best place you dreamed of. As a chef you can’t learn much in there as most of there food come ready in the bags.
Supportive and Fun Work Environment
Front of House/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 February 2019
The team and management were so supportive with me as I was still a Full-Time student and really made working there a fun and productive work environment. Of course, some shifts can get busy and there would not be enough people on, however we all would help each other get through the shift. Loved working here and there was great work incentives to win which made shifts more fun and competitive.
Pros
Staff Meals, Paid incentives, pay benefits during busy periods
Cons
hours are not stable for full-time positions
Not what used to be
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes31 January 2019
When I started it was all about the guest, the food being fresh & making sure the staff where trained to be the best. Now it is about the profit, so the food is not fresh, the guest gets less for there money & there is no time to train new starters. I was expected to deliver better numbers then the previous year with half the amount of staff so i ended up working over 55 hours each week when I was contracted for 48. When I did have a day off I would still be contacted by my area manager. No consideration for when I had child care issues.
Pros
People, staff food, pay
Cons
Hours, upper management
a long-necked animal
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke30 January 2019
The giraffe (Giraffa) is a genus of African even-toed ungulate mammals, the tallest living terrestrial animals and the largest ruminants. The genus currently consists of one species, Giraffa camelopardalis, the type species. Seven other species are extinct, prehistoric species known from fossils. Taxonomic classifications of one to eight extant giraffe species have been described, based upon research into the mitochondrial and nuclear DNA, as well as morphological measurements of Giraffa, but the IUCN currently recognises only one species with nine subspecies.
excellent work culture
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham29 October 2018
I would highly recommend Giraffe to everyone. It is a great company to work for, with an amazing work culture and great leaders. They always take time to invest in their employees.
Pros
great work-life balance
fun workplace
waiter (Former Employee) –  London26 September 2018
very busy the management is lovely and friendly workplace culture everyone is hardworking and relaxed as well the most enjoyable part of the job is to always se customer smile when the leave the restaurant.
Pros
free drink
Cons
always busy
nice company
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 September 2018
The experience was amazing for a first job in england. All team was nice and helpful. I have learn a lot about food, allergies and security rules in Manchester Airport.
Pros
Enviroment and staff
Great Place
lead by Jacinto Santos (General Manager) (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport landside5 September 2018
Is busy, is fun.
You have access to different training and perspectives.
The managers are professional and constantly willing to improve your knowledge and speed of service.
The food concept is delicious and attractive.
The hardest part of the job is when a student delay happens and the staff is short. The good side is, the more customers you serve, more tips and more shifts will come to you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giraffe World Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7