Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews

1,0
It's not a productive place to work.
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 September 2016
Working here is very depressing . Lazy management that wants waiteress/waiter to do their management work while they go for smoke and hardly do their jobs.While they and head chef "DO"racially discriminate their workers.On many occasions people will start to work and quit before the month is up. Tip are being stolen between workers.
Pros
Terrible
A fantastic work place
Part time waiter (Current Employee) –  London26 July 2016
I have been working in Giraffe, Lakeside for 4 months and it has been a very good experience.

The management is absolutely brilliant and there are many opportunities to progress. They are all very friendly and have helped me with many work and non work related issues that I may of had.

The co-workers were the best team I have worked with to date. Everyone is very in sync and there is a veery strong support bond that is formed when you are a part of the team.
3,0
Tired Duty,But the Salary is not worth it.
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dubai International Airport18 July 2016
The restaurant is running 24 hours.
I learned a lot from my job. Like How to handle the guest or makes my guest feel comfortable and feel at home.
The hardest thing was during busy time, but its ok if our salary is worth it. The management must appreciate what their staffs did for the company, especially when the sales is good.
Need Good Benefits and additional Salary.
Must be provided a good meal for the staff.
The most enjoyable part was after the hardest time, we're still can laugh and smile.
Pros
free meal
Cons
Shifting
Productive and fun place
Hosts/Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport12 July 2016
Everything was good, but I live too far and I had a problem to get to the work place at early morning and to come back home at late hours.
Pros
free lunches
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  INDIA,HYDERABAD18 May 2016
I enjoyed a lot in working with Giraffe Solutions. Giraffe is very good company. I have learned so many good things and upgraded my technical skill set.
4,0
Great place to work. Min Wage. Service charge does top up your hourly rate by around +£1.50 an hour, but cash tips suffer.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London24 February 2016
Typical day is quite busy, sporadic, never bored, always something to do. Was a small restaurant so filled up quickly.
Learned time management skills.
Management was amazing while I was there, the best manager I've ever had.
Co workers were great and fun to work with.
Hardest part of the job is time management and constant engagement with customers.
Most enjoyable part: my colleagues, the GM who has now moved on, and the reasonable money.
Pros
Staff food and pay is okay.
Cons
Very hectic and disorganised at times. Doing all those sauces. Tesco upper management out of touch.
good for part-time work
team member (Former Employee) –  King's Cross24 February 2016
Great for a first job, shifts are generally consistent however it is a non-stop environment given the nature of the location
Pros
free lunches
fun,good team
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENG3 February 2016
learn alot new style of food from around the world..team members friendly..fun time..flexible working hours..good management..friendly customers always happy
Fun workplace
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Cirencester, ENG7 November 2015
An enjoyable place to work but would be nice if pay was a little more worth the hours and effort.

The colleagues are awesome and get on well with each other. Always have a great time at work everyday.
Pros
Free staff meals
Cons
Long hours, Minimal wages
not bad for job
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  birmingham19 October 2015
every thing is ok nothing is hard nothing is easy. every one is hard working in that company. but not good for future.fun work place with supportive management. sometimes we need to do job for more than
16 hours.
Very Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport, ENG13 October 2015
Very good company they look after there empolyees which is fantastic and the pay is very good and there targets they set are achievable
giraffe restaurant
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Wisbech4 October 2015
* a typical day at work - cooked and prepared meals for customers.

*what you learned - how to work well within a team.

*management - they was there if i needed there help.

*your co-workers - they were very helpful and helped me to succeed in my job.

*the hardest part of the job - cleaning and knowing about health and safety as wasn't clear to understand.

*the most enjoyable part of the job - learning new skills every day.
4,0
Vibrant and busy atmosphire, great opportunity to trained at different subjects.
Head Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG21 September 2015
Great place to work ,with very good opportunities ,to training and learn new skills.
I had a very good relationship with my colleagues , I `m training new staff, that include managers; this make my job very interesting and challenging.
Pros
Training opportunities.
Cons
Long Hours, no free weekends
supportive and educational
Waitress, General assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth4 September 2015
Typically I would wait tables, serving customers, prepare food and drink, clearing tables and cleaning at the end of the day. I have learn how to give customers the best service. To predict their needs. The staff work together really well and help share the work. The supervisors are always on hand to help.The hardest part of the job is keeping every customer happy when it is busy. The best part is the variety of duties and the people you work with.
fun place to work
waitress (Former Employee) –  bluewater2 September 2015
Worked as a barmaid and a waitress. The training isn't always up to scratch and it does depend on what manager I had as to how much training I received. Staff were all lovely and we all became very close friends. Amount of staff working was always an issue.
gezellige weromgeving
Verkoopster (Former Employee) –  Uden, NB9 August 2015
samen werken. opleidingen.je bent veel in contact met klanten.
3,0
Not really understanding staffing levels
KITCHEN PORTER/BREAKFAST CHEF (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 June 2015
Typical day of work would consist of people constantly speaking foreign language so i werent able to understand a word, forcing me to learn their language as it was a big majority of them working there from the same country. Ive learned how to really be a quick in serving people and everything. Management was not very nice at all. My co workers used to pass all the work on me while enjoying themselves outside. The hardest part of job was to cope with all this and the most enjoyable probably was that it helped me a lot with my catering experiencies as i used to do many things together on my own and now really do feel like a proper chef able to work at any kind of busy kitchen.
3,0
hard work environment can be rewarding.
jr sou chef (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG30 May 2015
A very hard job with area managers and restaurant manager always pushing you for the high standard, if you have the time it can be a great job for you but its many hours and very stressful.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, questionable managers.
Fun, solid workplace
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks7 May 2015
Nice work days, continuous work load and it is evenly distributed between coworkers. Management is good and they take care of the running of the restaurant and the staff that work there.
Pros
Free lunch and friendly
Cons
Hard work stressful job
Great Part Time Job
Team Member, Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater31 March 2015
Geat People, good money and gained great customer service skills here before I went to costa. Was my first proper paid job as the ones before that were voluntary work experience.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giraffe World Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7