Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews in London

5,0
Good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2019
I m willing person ,polite and charismatic on time at work and I like work as team and by myself.For me the best quality at work always be yourself and always try to do the best for you and for guess
Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 May 2017
Good work with people,Lovely food, and great enviroment to be .
Working long hours-weekend the most hardest thing, want to spend time with friends, enjoy the sun-summer time.
The most enjoyable part of woking in Giraffe, was the people i was with, nice and friendly.
Pros
free food
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  london9 November 2016
I really enjoyed this position. I learnt how to work properly as part of a team. I also had great co workers. The hardest part of the role was remembering all the ingredients in the dishes but after some focussed revision at home, I quickly got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually getting to know and working with my team members as we had a great team.
Pros
free lunches
5,0
A fantastic work place
Part time waiter (Current Employee) –  London26 July 2016
I have been working in Giraffe, Lakeside for 4 months and it has been a very good experience.

The management is absolutely brilliant and there are many opportunities to progress. They are all very friendly and have helped me with many work and non work related issues that I may of had.

The co-workers were the best team I have worked with to date. Everyone is very in sync and there is a veery strong support bond that is formed when you are a part of the team.
4,0
Great place to work. Min Wage. Service charge does top up your hourly rate by around +£1.50 an hour, but cash tips suffer.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London24 February 2016
Typical day is quite busy, sporadic, never bored, always something to do. Was a small restaurant so filled up quickly.
Learned time management skills.
Management was amazing while I was there, the best manager I've ever had.
Co workers were great and fun to work with.
Hardest part of the job is time management and constant engagement with customers.
Most enjoyable part: my colleagues, the GM who has now moved on, and the reasonable money.
Pros
Staff food and pay is okay.
Cons
Very hectic and disorganised at times. Doing all those sauces. Tesco upper management out of touch.
3,0
Not really understanding staffing levels
KITCHEN PORTER/BREAKFAST CHEF (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 June 2015
Typical day of work would consist of people constantly speaking foreign language so i werent able to understand a word, forcing me to learn their language as it was a big majority of them working there from the same country. Ive learned how to really be a quick in serving people and everything. Management was not very nice at all. My co workers used to pass all the work on me while enjoying themselves outside. The hardest part of job was to cope with all this and the most enjoyable probably was that it helped me a lot with my catering experiencies as i used to do many things together on my own and now really do feel like a proper chef able to work at any kind of busy kitchen.
busy place to work
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 February 2015
I have been working for Giraffe for 7yrs which means it's a good place to work for people who enjoy to work in hospitality. Management is ok however staff is changing very often. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude costumers but "nothing is impossible):).
Pros
good money, staff food
Cons
very busy
3,0
good place to start career as chef
Chef de partie (Grill) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG2 January 2015
I started here from kp to grill chef but people and atmosphere was really low and senior chefs liked to push people too much.
Pros
free lunches
great work place
Restaurant staff/supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG4 June 2013
this was a fantastic company to work for with the oppertunity to move up the employment ladder very quickly if you show the willing and hard work.
a very great manager and staff to work with and lots of chances for rewards and benefits.
Pros
fantastic manager and staff and salary and benefits
Cons
rubbish customers
fun place to work
chef (Former Employee) –  london11 March 2013
friendly people managers great to with and a good teams it was my first cooking job and learn alot
Pros
free food