Givaudan Employee Reviews

Productive but highly stressful environment.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng7 June 2018
Engage with customers about trends and innovations.
Create and roll out Sub Saharan marketing plans.

Work with lab technicians to create innovative and tasty solutions across the categories of Dairy, Bakery, Beverages, Snacks and Savoury.

Developing compelling Power point capability presentations, to sell products/services and innovations to customers.

Research global trends and create local relevance for customers to drive sales

General relationship/business management

Company culture is very demanding and can be portrayed as rather aggressive, management are intimidating. Travel demands are very stressful.

Nice office space, its great fun to come up with new innovative ideas to present to customers, its a very dynamic and fast paced industry which is exciting
Pros
Good Office space, some lovely colleagues, subsidized lunches, pay well
Cons
Long Hours, stressful environment
Plan your own day and work
Head of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 March 2018
Handling many different projects and task as the same time which is nice but stressful. Lots of meetings and recruitment last couple of years. Always new projects. Planning your day and work was your responsibility. Having clear set target and goals most of the time to be achieved which was very nice.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent rules
Targets were met and production was first
Liquids operator (Former Employee) –  Steeldale17 October 2017
A very big company ,I would really enjoy and want to experience working there again ..it has great benefits ...it always met targets and quality right first time
Pros
Free lunch, transport allowance
Fascinating and Fun
Account Manager - Unilever Account (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng17 May 2017
Follow up on work in the system. Check if any perfume briefs have been completed and are ready for submission to the client. Arrange focus groups to find a winning fragrance on a client brief. Prepare the presentation and results and present various submissions and focus group feedback to the client.

The fascinating world of fragrance. My only regret was not getting into the industry shortly after leaving but my 6 year old had been diagnosed with Type1 diabetes and I simply couldn't handle both.

The manager was not very lenient and that did create some issues especially when she expected me to work over weekends.

The most difficult part of the job was learning to speak in front of a boardroom full of professionals. But I eventually managed to master it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to win a fragrance brief and add that to our portfolio of winning fragrances.

I also created systems and structures which are still being used by the division today.
Pros
incentives; bonuses; allowances; travel; training
Cons
divisive manager;
Productive Work Place
Personal Assistant/Sales Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulisa Park, Gauteng18 January 2017
Very busy from the time you enter and put your PC on. I have learned to cope with difficult customers as well as many other aspects of company. Management was strict but fair. My co-workers were my friends as well. Still keep in contact as we were a very close team. The hardest part of the job was to make sure your customers order was delivered on time, as due to unforeseen circumstances some orders would be delayed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customer satisfaction.
Pros
Awards and recognition
Cons
Unforeseen delays
Exciting industry
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP26 August 2014
I enjoy and love what i do, getting the exposure in the flavour industry has not only advanced my career but it has really change my personal life style, now i eat as i should and it really feels great to be so knowledgable about what you eat.

My typical day at work involves in-depth research, on the trends and diversed flavour preferences that are prefered by South Africans.

Creating presentations that helps sell our flavours.

Hardest part is having to taste on a regular basis, that is not good for my figure :)

The only Problem i have is not being permanent.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
Hard Working Place
Raw Material Planner (Current Employee) –  GP2 June 2013
I am a planner at Givaudan and I enjoy what I do there, very challenging but great.

I was given a great opportunity to go overseas for SAP training in Zurich which was the highlight of my career so far, I would like to move up a position and I am looking for a company that will give me that opportunity.
Pros
Went to Zurich for Training
Cons
No recognition