Givaudan

Givaudan Employee Reviews

productive
Replenisher (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 February 2019
eveytime when I go to Givaudan, I feel like I am going to my second home where I enjoy going becuase it is where I can explore my ideas and work being commited and dedicated
Typical day
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 November 2018
Typical day in about managing the teams and the KPI's. Managing the day to day items. Conference calls with EMEA regional calls. EHS daily checks. Managing of capex projects, budgets and financial areas
Pros
fragrances
Cons
no defined staff retention policy/ plan
4,0
Great team, fast track and dynamic
Customer care and planning manager, ZA (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng1 October 2018
With an option to start earlier in the day, you manage to cover more before the customers day start.
The team are small enough to know the names of all the colleagues and big enough to still have a corporate feel.
Although processes are very structured, the management style in the South African office allow for freedom to make suggestions and allow for initiative for problem solving.
The Company place focus on safety in the workplace, as well as skills and personal development.
Pros
Individual development
Cons
Work life balance
2,0
Productive but highly stressful environment.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng7 June 2018
Engage with customers about trends and innovations.
Create and roll out Sub Saharan marketing plans.

Work with lab technicians to create innovative and tasty solutions across the categories of Dairy, Bakery, Beverages, Snacks and Savoury.

Developing compelling Power point capability presentations, to sell products/services and innovations to customers.

Research global trends and create local relevance for customers to drive sales

General relationship/business management

Company culture is very demanding and can be portrayed as rather aggressive, management are intimidating. Travel demands are very stressful.

Nice office space, its great fun to come up with new innovative ideas to present to customers, its a very dynamic and fast paced industry which is exciting
Pros
Good Office space, some lovely colleagues, subsidized lunches, pay well
Cons
Long Hours, stressful environment
2,0
Plan your own day and work
Head of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 March 2018
Handling many different projects and task as the same time which is nice but stressful. Lots of meetings and recruitment last couple of years. Always new projects. Planning your day and work was your responsibility. Having clear set target and goals most of the time to be achieved which was very nice.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent rules
Pressurised environment
Sales Assistant / Administrator (Former Employee) –  City Deep, Gauteng16 February 2018
The sales department personnel needs you to put in extra hours due to the work load.

Training is provided at the HQ in Duebendorf / Switzerland. I was trained to be a systems Key User and it proved to be very beneficial for me and my colleagues.

Due to the work pressure the workplace culture is ...work and no play!
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Targets were met and production was first
Liquids operator (Former Employee) –  Steeldale17 October 2017
A very big company ,I would really enjoy and want to experience working there again ..it has great benefits ...it always met targets and quality right first time
Pros
Free lunch, transport allowance
4,0
fun workplace and very productive
In-service Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 September 2017
The management of this company is very good, I now know a lot compared to before I came here and my days at work are not always hectic and I do not do any hard labour, the hardest part of my job is to always be accurate and produce good quality results as this is the requirements of my job title.
Fun place to work at
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng30 May 2017
Highly pressurized work environment, fun place to work at, negativity created by few individuals. Customer focused environment as products are made to order and highly customized.
Pros
Lots of fun
Fascinating and Fun
Account Manager - Unilever Account (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng17 May 2017
Follow up on work in the system. Check if any perfume briefs have been completed and are ready for submission to the client. Arrange focus groups to find a winning fragrance on a client brief. Prepare the presentation and results and present various submissions and focus group feedback to the client.

The fascinating world of fragrance. My only regret was not getting into the industry shortly after leaving but my 6 year old had been diagnosed with Type1 diabetes and I simply couldn't handle both.

The manager was not very lenient and that did create some issues especially when she expected me to work over weekends.

The most difficult part of the job was learning to speak in front of a boardroom full of professionals. But I eventually managed to master it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to win a fragrance brief and add that to our portfolio of winning fragrances.

I also created systems and structures which are still being used by the division today.
Pros
incentives; bonuses; allowances; travel; training
Cons
divisive manager;
1,0
Racism, depressing and abusive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannebrug2 March 2017
Worst company to work for: no Management or Leadership at all. you get abused constantly and threatened to be fired by people who are in senior position.
Pros
nothing
Cons
severe stress
Productive Work Place
Personal Assistant/Sales Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulisa Park, Gauteng18 January 2017
Very busy from the time you enter and put your PC on. I have learned to cope with difficult customers as well as many other aspects of company. Management was strict but fair. My co-workers were my friends as well. Still keep in contact as we were a very close team. The hardest part of the job was to make sure your customers order was delivered on time, as due to unforeseen circumstances some orders would be delayed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customer satisfaction.
Pros
Awards and recognition
Cons
Unforeseen delays
4,0
Productive, conducive and safe environment to work in
FC & A Trainee (Beverage and Sweet-goods Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 February 2015
I learned to respect my colleagues and that includes distancing myself from their personal lives. I learned to stand on my own in the work environment and was given platform to even manage the laboratory at one stage. I always enjoyed working under pressure and never experienced any difficulties. I also gathered that confidentiality is key in any company and in-order to acquire the best skills- one must always be pro-active and ask information as possible. I also got a platform to net-work and understand the industry.
Pros
Discounts on lunches and company outings were the best.
Cons
Standing up the whole day till you knock off
Exciting industry
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP26 August 2014
I enjoy and love what i do, getting the exposure in the flavour industry has not only advanced my career but it has really change my personal life style, now i eat as i should and it really feels great to be so knowledgable about what you eat.

My typical day at work involves in-depth research, on the trends and diversed flavour preferences that are prefered by South Africans.

Creating presentations that helps sell our flavours.

Hardest part is having to taste on a regular basis, that is not good for my figure :)

The only Problem i have is not being permanent.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
4,0
Most innovative company and there is someting to learn every time
Marketing Manager - Sub Saharan Africa (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 April 2014
A typical day at work

Review customer projects and outline marketing actions required. Plan praoctive promotions to gain new projects and increase project pipeline. Plan and Implement segment startegies. Study and present trends in Food and Beverage Industry

What you learned - Food and Beverages diverse culture, Understanding the thoughts behind developing new products from customer and company point of view. Technologies involved in developing flavours. Gained Consumer Insights into Food and Beverage Industry

Management - Very supportive and motivating to help acheive company goals

Your co-workers - Team players and supportive

The hardest job - To gain data and counsumer insight from most of the Sub-Saharan African countries

The most enjoyable part of Job - There is always something to learn every time
Pros
Good HR policy and Employee Benefits
Cons
You do not practise complete maketing tools like FMCG companies
Hard Working Place
Raw Material Planner (Current Employee) –  GP2 June 2013
I am a planner at Givaudan and I enjoy what I do there, very challenging but great.

I was given a great opportunity to go overseas for SAP training in Zurich which was the highlight of my career so far, I would like to move up a position and I am looking for a company that will give me that opportunity.
Pros
Went to Zurich for Training
Cons
No recognition
4,0
A good company to work for
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Tulisa Park, Johannesburg26 November 2012
I work in the marketing, some of the jobs I had to do is to do research of trends and analysis of results from questionnaires, assisting the marketing manager, provide monthly reports on new product launches, assist with packing and attending meetings to customers locally and internationally, compiling presentations and presenting, printing of tasting sheets and other marketing materials. Sending parcels overseas via courier companies. Ordering samples from other Givaudan branches globally. Assisting marketing manager with promotions to customers.

The nicest part about working in marketing at Givaudan is that you get to know many people and get exposed to the flavour industry.
Pros
good exposure to business to business functions
Cons
opportunities for growth are limited