GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 3 579 reviews
productive
Stability Analytical chemist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
GlaxoSmithKline is the best company to work for I learn a lt in the short period of time people are friendly and they know what they are doing, the skills that I learn from this company I want ot share
4,0
Strong on work life balance
Middle Manager (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape4 March 2019
In the right team, job is challenging, exciting and highly engaging. Overall experience depends on the strength and open-mindedness of the line manager. Here, I grew professionally, gained extra experience outside my day-day job scope, gained a Master's degree through the company's support and were also more in touch with my personal life as the company has initiatives that support work-life-balance. At some point it becomes difficult to escalate the career ladder due to the flat structure and constant changes.
Pros
Lunch allowance, work life balance, Vaccines Assist
Cons
Biased management, Flat structure, Retrenchments
4,0
Highly organises, structured but fun environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 February 2019
Typical work day starts with a factory tour.
Thereafter attendance of production board meeting to ensure all systems are ready for production.
Meeting with the team.
Sitting in interviews, disciplinary hearings or advising managers on IR related matters.
Also spent time with our service providers to ensure that service level agreements are adhered to.
Pros
Fun, orderly, good systems
Cons
Far from home
Multinational corporate Pharma Company
From Sales Representative - Market Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 August 2018
I spent 27 years working at GSK, from a humble sales rep to finally working as the Market Access Manager, liaising with Braclays/ABSA & various MOH north of the SA borders to develops ways to get basic medicines to the poorest of the poor.
I held a number of different of different positions of varying responsibility during those years, reporting directly to EXCO for the final 15 years of my time there.
There were many ups & downs, I survived many mergers & acquisitions etc.
Personal development of staff was one of GSK's key focus areas.

However, after all these years I no longer have the desire to work in the corporate - been there, done that!
Pros
Culture, work ethic, personal development
Cons
Work/life balance
4,0
Productive Inviroment to work in. Daily tasks to complete and plan to ave a successfull day at work
Dental Detailer (Current Employee) –  Free State and Northern Cape8 April 2018
Follow proper plan for the day.
Know what to say and when, why and how am I going to do this call
The happiest day of my life is when I can walk out of a call and know that I made a big difference in this HCP's live. I always goes the extra mile to do my best.
Develop professionally
Production Pharmacist - Powders Value Stream (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 March 2018
- Ensure all manufacturing lines are running optimally.
- Problem Solving is a must.
- Manage entire shift accordingly.
- Shift work affects family time.
Cons
Family time balance not really met
5,0
All people are focus to give the customer a good product
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 March 2018
We working normal time and there no much pressure than to produce good product in good quality. I'm happy to the part of gsk it's a good company to work for.
5,0
Productive,Great working environment and great management
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 February 2018
As i was a Laboratory analyst(trainee),Training was very helpful,I have learned much about the GMP and GLP. Great learning environment to advance you career.
Quest for zero defect
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape19 October 2017
Looking back has been an amazing experience. A company striving everyday to become work class. From ceo to cleaner to tea lady , all were treated the same. The company made me feel to want to make the difference, improve at all times . Somethings I can take from gsk is that a happy working environment is productive , don’t take anything for granted, take time to read the fine print and take note to detail.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Fun and Professional
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape3 October 2017
Allowed to do what you are required without being micro-managed, with the best tools provided to perform at optimum level.
Advanced skills and knowledge regarding Imports and Exports.
Professional, knowledgeable and well educated/skilled, good strong leadership qualities.
Fun, professional and mature.
Nothing hard about the job as management and tools available made it enjoyable.
Allowed to perform my tasks with mutual respect and trust from management in my abilities and skills.
Pros
Free Lunches and Good Benefits
4,0
Gsk has a strong popeline in terms of clinical trials
Clinical research associate (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng26 August 2017
I am ambitious young lady who is willing to learn and open to new opportunities. I enjoy travelling and meeting new people.

I have worked in diabetes, Infectious diseases, Cardiovascular and respiratory studies.
Go with the change
Cleaning Validation Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 August 2017
I find work extremely challenging where priorities change on a daily basis. This made me realize that cross winds should be calculated for to allow time to meet targets. For me I personally prefer to raise a "Just Do It" (JDI) than rather raise Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions (CAPA's). Raising CAPA's give you the allowance to delay issues at hand and if not efficiently tracked can jeopardies improvement to critical proportions. Sharing knowledge and supporting each other at work and on a personal level help to overcome challenging decisions in support of company goals. To achieve targets set and to know quality is embedded into product is the most rewarding feeling and to know the customer at the end of the supply chain is happy with the product built in trust..
Pros
Training and understanding processes.
Cons
Misplacing of talent
Packaging Leader
Packaging Leader/Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 June 2017
A great company to work for. A company who promotes well being and ensure that staff are fully trained up to perform their duties. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals looks after their staff and safety and quality are of the utmost importance.
Pros
Food money
Cons
continuous working of shift
5,0
Very staff orientated advancement of staff
Executive Secretary to CEO (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng30 April 2017
I really enjoyed my job most of the time fantastic working conditions helpful staff overall first class company.

Good remuneration and general office conditions.
Pros
Staff canteen, good medical and pension benefits
3,0
Normal place to work at
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 February 2017
I was responsible for HR projects (MCC recommendation & Joint Venture).

It is a good company to work for it takes care of the permanent staff members

Sometimes more support is required from the managers for projects to be completed in time.
Pros
13th cheque
5,0
Very values oriented workplace, friendly
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng3 February 2017
The workplace at GSK is friendly and warm. I enjoy working there. It is a company that promotes integrity, respect, trust and customer focus; all the qualities required to be excellent in the customer service industry.
Challanging and rewarding workplace
Hub Head of Procurement (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg27 January 2017
A typical day offers numerous challenges and new experiences across the SSA region.
Learning's include how to deal with multiple cultural differences, languages and personality styles and developing my skills in Category Management, Contract Management, Sourcing & Procurement, Sustainable Development and Operational Excellence
I am seen as a respected and experienced member of numerous Business Leadership Teams, and global/regional procurement leadership teams with the ability to identify business improvement opportunities and driving change with business partners (internal/external) to deliver opportunities and achieve bottom line impact
Workplace culture - supportive, hardworking, high energy
Hardest part of job - highly matrix organisation with numerous stakeholders, where change is a constant
Most enjoyable - delivery results that align with the company philosophy to help our customer Do more, Feel better and Live longer.
Pros
Share options, executive bonus and medical aid
Cons
9am-3pm
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape10 January 2017
Well organized company, with a lot to learn. We use different type of equipments in daily basis such as HPLCSs/GCs, Uv/Vis Spectrometers. Theres nothing much hard about the all needed is focus all the time.
Pros
Recognition awards.
Cons
Overtime
productive fun work enviroment
OPC/Internal sales administrator (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng25 October 2016
As an opc I loved working at gsk. Compensation was good benefits excellent and jib advancement poor. One of their best qualities were healthy work environment good compensation and bonus year end functions a blast meal allowance just great benefits overall. Hr very helpful in studies......family day yearly and giving back yearly on orange day.
Pros
gr8 benefits
Cons
call centre outsourced
3,0
Challenging and vibrant workplace
Creditors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng10 October 2016
Having worked at GSK for about a year and a half one thing that stands out, is the demanding nature of each role you may occupy, but with that said, there are alot of people that are more than willing to help you work through challenges.
Pros
Meal allowances and healthy work environment
Cons
strenuous work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4,2