GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 4 182 reviews
Good organization
Regulatory Executive (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa29 November 2019
Great company to work for. Good work life balance is there. Flexi time guaranteed including working from home etc. The company offers competitive remuneration and the bonus package is very generous.
4,0
The company up-hold its four pillars, in so that the environment is conducive to work and facilitates productivity
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape15 November 2019
An awareness driven company sought to enhance its productivity and advocating collaboration among its workers. Giving every member of the family the authority to/ or be corrected by the other in a civilized platform.
Fun working place
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 October 2019
Good company to work for, Salary is satisfying, working hours is balanced, security is tight, flexibilitu in working areas, Hygen is very important there
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Na
5,0
Great company to work for.
Micro lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape9 October 2019
Awesome company to work for diversity and honest culture. Looks well after it's employee and treats all workers the same.lots of growth within the business.
2,0
GlaxoSmithKline is a company that requires Managers to be trained on Leadership
Validation Technician (Current Employee) –  Epping Industrial8 September 2019
GlaxoSmithKline is currently a place where an employee is constantly under pressure, mainly because of poor planning. It is also because managers who do not have good leadership skills.
4,0
Good environment and opportunity to grow
Value Stream Fitter (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 August 2019
I have had a wonderful working experience both the first and the second time i worked at GSK I would be still be working there but I had to move to Eastern cape due to health and family reasons. It is a wonderful organization to be in
4,0
It is a pharmaceutical manufacturing company
Operator:in a production field with 45 machines (Former Employee) –  Epping25 July 2019
Is nice to work at gsk you learn more about how important is people's heath,and how hygienic a person should be when working with medications,we value our customers to live longer.the management is fair at most time ,we are allowed to raise issues.we must have integrity and also nee transparency.make sure your work place is clean all the time .focus e.g report anything that is wrong on the line .respect is also leaned the ,treatment from management is the same to everyworker
Pros
We do get vouchers, we do have a cantine, 30min break
Cons
We work 8hours shift
Good place to work for
Corporate communication graduate (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng1 July 2019
Great place to work for but job security is the downfall of this amazing organsiation. Has opportunities for advancement for all employees regardless of the role
Pros
monthly lunch cards
Creditors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 June 2019
Fun many outings learnt everything at Glaxosmithkline good staff year end parties you must work on your own mostly because every one is so busy.I was over loaded but that was termed you can't cope.Leave is a foreign language.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very buzy all day long.
Safe,Quality Product
Support Operator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 May 2019
Working at GSK I learnt to work safe so that I can produce a safe quality product to our customers.I also learnt to work on a team.I learnt that being on time at your work is very important
5,0
I'm very good at what I'm currently doing at my work place and Im very focused and flexible in doing my job
Packer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 March 2019
At my work place you need to focused; need to know what you are doing; make sure that the product is at our company standards and make sure that the customer gets the product on time.
Pros
As a casual if we work extra hours we get vouchers that you can spend at the canteen
Cons
The hours working is not a problem for me I work from 07:45-16:45
productive
Stability Analytical chemist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
GlaxoSmithKline is the best company to work for I learn a lt in the short period of time people are friendly and they know what they are doing, the skills that I learn from this company I want ot share
4,0
Strong on work life balance
Middle Manager (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape4 March 2019
In the right team, job is challenging, exciting and highly engaging. Overall experience depends on the strength and open-mindedness of the line manager. Here, I grew professionally, gained extra experience outside my day-day job scope, gained a Master's degree through the company's support and were also more in touch with my personal life as the company has initiatives that support work-life-balance. At some point it becomes difficult to escalate the career ladder due to the flat structure and constant changes.
Pros
Lunch allowance, work life balance, Vaccines Assist
Cons
Biased management, Flat structure, Retrenchments
4,0
Highly organises, structured but fun environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 February 2019
Typical work day starts with a factory tour.
Thereafter attendance of production board meeting to ensure all systems are ready for production.
Meeting with the team.
Sitting in interviews, disciplinary hearings or advising managers on IR related matters.
Also spent time with our service providers to ensure that service level agreements are adhered to.
Pros
Fun, orderly, good systems
Cons
Far from home
Multinational corporate Pharma Company
I spent 27 years working at GSK, from a humble sales rep to finally working as the Market Access Manager, liaising with Braclays/ABSA & various MOH north of the SA borders to develops ways to get basic medicines to the poorest of the poor.
I held a number of different of different positions of varying responsibility during those years, reporting directly to EXCO for the final 15 years of my time there.
There were many ups & downs, I survived many mergers & acquisitions etc.
Personal development of staff was one of GSK's key focus areas.

However, after all these years I no longer have the desire to work in the corporate - been there, done that!
Pros
Culture, work ethic, personal development
Cons
Work/life balance
4,0
Productive Inviroment to work in. Daily tasks to complete and plan to ave a successfull day at work
Dental Detailer (Current Employee) –  Free State and Northern Cape8 April 2018
Follow proper plan for the day.
Know what to say and when, why and how am I going to do this call
The happiest day of my life is when I can walk out of a call and know that I made a big difference in this HCP's live. I always goes the extra mile to do my best.
Develop professionally
- Ensure all manufacturing lines are running optimally.
- Problem Solving is a must.
- Manage entire shift accordingly.
- Shift work affects family time.
Cons
Family time balance not really met
5,0
All people are focus to give the customer a good product
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 March 2018
We working normal time and there no much pressure than to produce good product in good quality. I'm happy to the part of gsk it's a good company to work for.
5,0
Productive,Great working environment and great management
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 February 2018
As i was a Laboratory analyst(trainee),Training was very helpful,I have learned much about the GMP and GLP. Great learning environment to advance you career.
Quest for zero defect
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape19 October 2017
Looking back has been an amazing experience. A company striving everyday to become work class. From ceo to cleaner to tea lady , all were treated the same. The company made me feel to want to make the difference, improve at all times . Somethings I can take from gsk is that a happy working environment is productive , don’t take anything for granted, take time to read the fine print and take note to detail.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4,2