Guardian Glass Employee Reviews

Loved my experience there
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NY22 October 2018
What a great place to work. Great philosophy great management style.
Plant manager as all the managers were great to work with. Had a good leader to teach me everything. I was sorry to leave biggest mistake I made.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great people
Great principles policy.
Sr. Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brazil8 September 2018
The company undergoes a functional restructuring, presenting many opportunities for improvement and organization. It has an excellent guiding principles policy.
Day by day it presented some difficulties of organization of the routine, where some roles were not clear.
Has excellent technical staff and good working environment.
Pros
Principles
Cons
Roles not clear
2,0
12hr swing shifts killed me
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MI4 September 2018
Not a bad place to if you work days, M-F. Don't let them talk you into going on shift. It's bad. There is very little margin for error in the work that you will be doing and trying to stay focused for 12hr is a bear.
Pros
Steady Work, Lots of OT
Cons
Bad Shift length and schedule
Can you play the game?
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TX5 August 2018
For any hope of advancement, you have to be willing to play the politics game. They have a tendency to preach one set of values and demonstrate another. As long as you're okay with that, the benefits are incredible and you get lots of days off.
Love it
Operator (Current Employee) –  DeWitt, IA21 April 2018
Love it, the staff is nice, I like the overall work environment , the free food is a bonus, and learning new things everyday is very helpful and important to me.
1,0
Not good to work due to management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire26 March 2018
Poor man management of staff.
If your face fits, you know the rest.
Breaks too short.
Not much to learn but if you make a mistake, its always your fault.
2,0
Good people to work with. Low paying job for the work required.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Galax, VA9 February 2018
Has improved over the years as a safer place to work. They need to improve on the wages paid. This company has high expectations of their employees but don't compensate them. Very short breaks and overall poor management.
not for women
Operator (Current Employee) –  Richburg, SC20 January 2018
stressful and hard job but the pay is decent I wouldnt recommend anyone for this job especially not a female. It was wear and tear on my body the reason I stayed as long as I did was because the money was decent.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard work and hot
fast pace
packer (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SC26 December 2017
management was ok.hours where long sometimes it was easy others it wasnt lots of overtime good supervisors lots of diffierent work ethics lazy people and hard working people
5,0
good job filled with really good people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NY15 December 2017
This was a good job and you get to work with really good people. The benefits are really good as well. The job offers a gym to workers to use for free to keep them in good heath.

Want to know more about Guardian Glass?

Ask a question
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor for Cold End Glass Flow (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 October 2017
Was only there a short time. Loved my position wanted to stay my mother became very ill moved back so I could take care of her. Guardian was a great company to work for. since my mother has passed I would welcome the opportunity to go back to Guardian.
Pros
People management and the whole culture
Cons
could not find one.
5,0
I enjoyed working with this company
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SC18 September 2017
Guardian was a company that I enjoyed working for.they had a lot to offer me I was a line leader in a hard worker.I pick up fast on a job and I like to like to learn more different in the company.
mala suerte
Almacenero (Former Employee) –  Llodio, Álava24 July 2017
gran empresa, gran experiencia de ver como funciona.
Good job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SC30 March 2017
It was an challenging experience. But the pay compensated. I like the fact that they where zero tolerance. I would've love to grow with the company. Due to family I had to relocate. Wish there was a guardian glass everywhere.
Relaxed
PRODUCTION OPERATIVE/CONTOL ROOM/QUALITY CONTROL (Current Employee) –  Goole29 March 2017
Everyone seems to be happy and do the jobs they want to. Dinner breaks are limited. Working 12 hour nights shifts is the hardest part of the job. Work well as a team.
Pros
Relaxed
challenging environment
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NY27 February 2017
A challenging but rewarding environment where rapid change and directional movements are frequent. Good employees and benefits.
5,0
Empresa multinacional de grande porte promove crescimento profissional e dinamico.
lider operador industrial (Former Employee) –  Tatuí, SP6 January 2017
Empresa Multinacional com compromisso de crescimento profissional dos funcionarios. Fornecendo cursos profissionalizantes em varias areas.
Pros
restaurante na empresa. seguro de vida. plano saude familiar e plano odontologico.
3,0
Job was all right. But was very hot
Hot end operator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton CA17 October 2016
Was my first job when I moved to California . I had to make it work . It was very stressful at times but I continue to strive for productivity
Pros
Never closed A lot of overtime Double time for holidays
Cons
No raises made the same amount for nine years
5,0
genial en organizacion, trabajo en equipo y riesgos laborales
Operario Expediciones, control de calidad (Former Employee) –  Tudela, Navarra24 April 2016
Lastima que solo fue un contrato para una campaña de 6 mese, pero aprendí manejo de grúas, recepción de pedido e inventarios y trabaje en un ambiente excelente competitivo y con unos compañeros maravillosos. Un sueño de trabajo y empresa

La dirección apenas la ves, todos los empleados de oficinas están en ellas.solo tratas con recursos humanos en la entrevista, lo demás son encargados de secciones.

Colegas implicados y enseñando a implicarse, geniales

Lo mejor, lo dicho arriba, añado la calidad y protección para riesgos laborales

Lo mas difícil: el horario americano 4 turnos 365 del año 366 bisiesto., pero a todo se acostumbra uno.

Me apeno que no fuese seleccionado para mas campañas. si tuviera la oportunidad, volvería sin vacilar ni un segundo.
Pros
Compañerismo, productividad
Cons
horario americano 4 turnos 365dias. pero como dije antes a todo se acostumbra el cuerpo.
Fast paced and energetic
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, PA22 March 2016
A fast paced manufacturing company with the desire to reach production goals. Good environment with employees that cared about the glass being produced and overall safety for each other.
Pros
Attention to quality of the product and safety culture
Cons
Plant always trying to keep up with the demand of product