GWK Employee Reviews

no growth
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prieska, Northern Cape23 March 2018
there is no growth ,job doesnt have a variety and you do not grow in this position,you need to apply to other sections of the company in order to grow.But somehow i've been equipped with forklifting and incident management in safety.And it is a five days job from 8-5 pm and sometimes on Saturdays.And its a lot of fertilizing products that i work with for all seasons.And i'm also engaging daily with the different agents of different agricultural companies..eg.Omnia and Atlas ect.
Pros
permanent
Cons
normal hours
Enjoyed every minute of it! Nice working environment and world class staff and personnel!
PA to Managing Director + Fin ditector (Former Employee) –  Douglas, Northern Cape19 April 2017
Diary management for MD and FD plus 2 other managers. Also all of directors meetings to be arranged. All traveling arrangements for above mentioned.
Schedule meetings, functions and special occasions.
Coordinate programs
Handle buying and selling of goods.
Administrator of GWK's client customer service
Office admin
nice working place
Ons mense voed mense (Current Employee) –  northen cape11 April 2017
We do stuf like working with alot of meat we also used to make drye biltong and we used to make alot of smal tortoises wher we put meat in a layer of fresh sheep fet
Pros
free eet times
Cons
long but not so long
Good Company
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Modderrivier19 August 2016
GWK Farm Foods is a good company overall. Financial wise is also very competitive. The downfall is the culture. It is not yet inclusive enough but taking into considereation its culture and history, it is understandable but yet not acceptable; hopefully it will change in future.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Interference condoned by the system
Productive and fun
working with costumers on daily basis face to face (Former Employee) –  Hopetown, Northern Cape19 April 2016
Fun place to work and salry benefits is benefical. Would love to work with the company again in the future. great for younger workers
Pros
leave time
Cons
hours
Nice enviroment
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Modderrivier14 October 2015
GWK is a very open enviroment to work in, management gives employees to make decisions and attribute to decion making.
The team I am currently working with has a very positive oulook on our vision and strive to reach the strech. The company is very deiverse in both products an culture wich makes it very enjoyable to work because no day is the same. As the market changes I feel that this is a company that stays with the times and needs.
Pros
Great self betering and learning path for employees
Cons
Feels that only head office is importent
Working at GWK
Area Manager Precision Farming (Current Employee) –  Douglas, NC28 February 2015
I'm currently enjoying my line of work. I enjoy working with the clients and working with the people in my team.It is very satisfying to help a farmer solve problems to make his enterprise more sustainable. Networking is an important part of our success.
The top management of GWK are really great and are trying to steer the company in the right direction. Alignment and the breaking down of silo's are very important to them.
The hardest part of my job but also an enjoyable one is to get the people I'm responsible for to add value to the farmer all the time. To let the farmer believe that our service is indeed making a difference in his day to day farming. To learn the people reporting to me "people skills" and the importance of creating and sustaining trust.
Advancement is the biggest stumbling block at GWK. Executive managers are important to GWK and are well looked after. Therefore unfortunately new executive managerial positions don't become available that often.
Pros
Region that I work in
Cons
Long hours, no over time
Productive workplace
Senior Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Douglas, NC11 February 2015
I work in a open plan office, the Alfalfa department, pecans and peanuts are all in one office.
My typical day at work will be coordinating stock that need to get ready for shipment.
If the stock is ready i make bookings on the first available vessels to go to our buyers.
when I receive the firm stacks I arrange with a transport company to come and collect the stock and to get it to Durban on time.
I learn everyday that the export and import business has its own challenges and every buyer has different requirements towards the product that they are buying and it is my job to make sure that they are happy with the product when they receive it.

I have a great co-workers I work with everyday directly, we understand each other and it is nice to know that we are on the same team.
The hardest part of my job will be to produce results even if the stock are not ready in time. I also need to make sure all my buyers are happy and make sure they get there product in time.

The most enjoyable part of my job will be working with the people, foreign and my co-workers. We are a great team, and like a family.
fun and loving it
Diesel and Tractor Mechanic, Workshop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prieska , Barckley west South Africa28 January 2014
working with customers tractors harvesters planters balers spayers etc.

Qualified at John deere , learned a lot about farming and the equipment how to maintain and repair agricultural equipment.

Management is professional and up to date with international standards.

co worker shas lots of experience and well trained

I love every thing about farming and the machinery and also the people that has to do with every day agricultural living its a good sustainable way of live
Pros
A perons gets to drive big machinery
Cons
non
Very relaxed environment, Happy to come to work everyday
Branch Manager / Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mooirivier, ZN11 October 2013
Everyday i would find phone our trucking companies finding out where the trucks are and when they will be collecting or delivering product.
I would liaise with clients regarding product, invoicing, payment.
I would to our warehouses to check on stock.
Then to a lot of office and admin work

I learned how to deal with customers, and outside parties such as logistics and how to deal with and order and sort out buying and selling large amount of product.

Co-workers are amazing and we get on extremely well. They were very understanding that i have not delt with this field before and were very supportive.

Hardest part of the job is not being able to control everything and having to rely on suppliers and logistics

I love everything about my job. I love the stress and how busy i am everyday.
Hardworking + punctual = fun (Satisfied)
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, NC3 July 2013
Being a personal assistant to the Managing Director and Financial Director of GWK, a company being 2000 people strong, I need to be highly organized with extensive office operations and organization expertise. Need to constantly recognise place for improving operations and procedures. Produce error–free projects, events and documents under pressure. I need to multi-task while maintaining primary focus on important assignments. Establish a reputation for exceptional customer / client service. Need to be a fast learner with proven ability to hit the ground running and deliver results. Display professionalism and high levels of integrity. Be discreet, trustworthy and professional at all times.
Key SKILLS -

▪ Project Planning
▪ Professional Presence
▪ Punctual
▪ Loyal

Pros
Stimulating
Cons
N/a
Procuctive
Executive Manger (Current Employee) –  Modderriver13 November 2012
I want to work nearer to my home. The work hours are long. Benefits not very good.
Pros
friendly people